VN - Ren'Py - Summer's Gone [S1 Steam + DLC] [Oceanlab]

1. 5.00 star(s)

mamon261

The story of this game is just so amazing. The MC is so interesting. As for RO Bella is most interesting so far ,but maybe its because other girls are not that developed. All in all i think this game has a lot of potential .
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Gojin20

I must say the storytelling is very good. I couldn't stop reading. As a sex game... 0/5 stars. It's hard to sell a sex game as a sex game with 0 sex. They took the time to make this really good story with beautiful renders and no payoff whatsoever. It's not even a slow burn, it's a no burn. It seems like it could be an amazing game, but it's too early... even though it takes hours to get through. I might play this game in like 5 years...
  3. 5.00 star(s)

istiaque remon

One of the Best game
    What can I say.... The game is beautiful, very well written, has a great soundtrack, is very well written, has a story which is so far very promising and lastly it really is very, very well written.

great story
    great artwork & soundtreak
    amazing 3d work
    must play
    :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
  4. 5.00 star(s)

sensei02

I didn't know how much i need this till i played the game. Yes, there's no sex scenes. If thats what you're here for, go for a hike buddy.
    You want a taste of reality tho, at its finest? Hit the download button, you wont regret it.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

_BB_

This game is amazing. I have to say it's one of the best adult visual novel games I've played. The plot is very engaging and the visuals are top-notch. The only down side is that the time between updates are quite long because the dev is working on this game as well as remastering an older game at the same time. However, he is a very dedicated guy who always want to make his work as good as possible, and it really shows by the quality of his products.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

rerderrum

Easily the best game on this site if you search for adult novels with excellent renders. There is an actual story besides sex, and the MC isn't some unrealistc horny teenager that wants to fuck everything. Depending on some of your choices you will see different scenes or they play out diffrently. Also the progress that Ocean made in terms of renders and writing in the last two years, in my opinion - that's for certain not objectiv, is insane.

I normally don't do reviews but I have to balance out the crap that was posted right before me.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

albatare

3.5 Review

The developer note says "This is a story-focused game with adult elements."
    A more accurate description would be "This is the story of some random girls you'll probably get to make out with in 2 or 3 years"

This is yet another average attempt at writting a novel, yes it's one tier above your random fanfiction but that doesn't make it a game, much less a good game.
    How many dramatic backstory of some still picture can you actually follow ?
    Find a random women on google image, her mother has cancer, her dog died, she got fired.
    Yeah that's the game.

I would give it 1*, but I can't call out the random 5* reviews and give it 1*. It gets 2* because it has decent renders.
    I'll come back to this review in a few patches, so probably a year or two, for some reason no sex scene means updates take longer than your average Game.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

blazejro

Have you ever felt like the void would get you at the end of a videogame (chapter 3,5), like you don't know what to do with your life anymore, after completing a wonderful journey like that one, sitting on your chair in your darkroom, in silence?? I have this situation only after Mass Effect. And now.
    Bella. I think this character is on top3 of these kinds of games.

Can't wait for the next release!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Garen

10/10 Characters

Main plot is going slow but it feels very natural with tons of other events happening just like irl.
    The cinematics are gorgeous and the character models keep getting better with every new update. Especially Ayua. Characters also have new clothes every other day which is a very nice thing to see.

All in all, I fuck with it. Top tier game. Update schedule makes me cry but the updates when they do hit make the wait worth it ngl.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

TheAlvin

One of the best games that have ever been on this website. If someone would like to start playing VM, this would be the first game I would recommend. The story and story built up is amazing and keeps you interested. The animations compared to other games I've played, simply outstanding. Keep up the good work, can't wait to play it more!
  11. 5.00 star(s)

LeBigBadWolfie

The game builds up remarkably well, and although it comes across as more of a slow burn, it still manages to pique my interests with great production value, characters, and an overall enjoyable plot that has plenty of paths to work with - you can really feel things starting to heat up after each and every update. Yet another great game dev on this one!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

GeileLikkerd

Great Story, i am looking forward to see the full story ending. keep up the good work. and i hope there are more of those story's comming up after this one. love the 3d artwork and great animations. love to see more story's like this one.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

slapflash

This is easily the most quality game that has landed on this site in awhile, for me at least. It is in the same tier or above City of Broken Dreamers, Where the Heart Is and BADIK.

The renders and animations are insanely good and the story is great so far. I don't mind the slow burn. Plenty of other games on here are just fap fests, this feels like it has substance and I want to see where it all leads. No annoying sandbox elements either, just multiple routes and different experiences based on your preferences.

The love interests are also quite varied and I can't think of a bad option there, in fact they are all excellent which encourages the player to go through and experience all the routes. This one is worth supporting.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

CrazyRabbit

Truly one the best VN around ; gorgeous visuals (have you seen those previews ? It's even better now), great musics (more and more to make an even better atmosphere) and truly outstanding writing (you will find yourself attracted to some characters).

I could gush about it for hours.

If you're looking for immediate sex or easy boobies, you've come to the wrong game. Here, it's all about relationship building and world building. There'll be sex eventually but only when it's deserved and relevant.

But if you're looking for characters you'll fall in love with, gorgeous renders with wonderful writing both in story and characters ; then search no more. You're home. Welcome.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Racoondog21

Summer's Gone [Ch. 3.5 Fixed Beta]
    Easily of the best Visual novels available to play on this site. Though some renders and scenes may look slightly awkward (some animations and how some characters look different in ch1 than ch2). Theres a large cast of characters which are each unique and can be seen to have their own part in the story. The MC's 'Trauma' seems to be realistic enough to be believable and the way other characters approach it doesnt seem fake or forced. The best quality the game has is character interactions and developments. Relationships dont seem to come out of nowhere and by not rushing into lewd content the developer actually makes time for real friendships and romances to develop. unlike some other games..

Excellent game
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Kaasje404

When i played this game for the first time, i actually got a bit emotional about how messed up the MC is and the effects that it has on people surrounding is. A car accident happens it front of him and he thinks "what an interesting turn of events". Having seen a car accident happen in front of me I undertand how messed up you must be to be this calm and numb about it.

The game then continues to develop meaningful and strong relationships with great dialogue. I specifically like the Bella path, I have never seen a mean/b*tchy type girl path been done this good. Its so exciting how both the mc and bella have this broken pasts and are slowely coming out of their shells. There dialogue is unique and fitting for where they come from, its like they just dont know how to act normal with each other because of there interest in each other.

The other storylines are also intersting like Nami (supressed feelings), Mila (difficult background and situation) and Victoria (supressed feelings about the accident). I cant wait to see all these storylines progress. Pretty much all of the female characters in the game look nice and there are many side girls with lots of potential. All in all what a masterpiece! The unfortunate part is the waiting time on updates but the dev is working on 2 games at the same time, so fair enough.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Cantorianspring

The decision to leave sex out off was great ! Loved every character, the story is really good. I finished it all in one sitting without even realizing that I didn't even saved everything was great, its like a whole different experience from all the games that throw sex on you for a quick fap, you get to know every character also the MC has some real depth , you don't see that very often.When there is a real build-up everything feels more natural.Highly recommend everyone to play this game! 10/10
    Oceanlab love youu!! keep it up GOAT !
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Franchise18

Version 3.5 Review

First off, I love the blue balls disclaimer at the very beginning of the game. In my opinion, that was very clever...and humorous!

Speaking of humor, I found myself laughing at many scenes in this game. This wasn't because it was dumb or silly. It was out of shear hilarity. The dialogue is good and has humor and sarcasm riddled throughout the dialogue.

The characters look great. I didn't notice anything negative to mention about it. I haven't decided who my favorite character is yet. I like Victoria and Mila's personalities and story and look forward seeing the development. As far as looks, Robin has caught my attention. However, all of the girls look amazing! The one character that I would like to know more about is the girl with the scar on her face (Sasha?). I'm curious if a small story develops with her. I am not particularly interested in anything between her and the MC, but just her back story.

The game's story is amazing and sucks you right in. I look forward to the next update.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Shinyo

What an incredible game! The story, the music, the cinematic scenes in between, everything is phenomenal! The character design and development is astonishing as well. Love the hate & love relationship between Bella & MC. This games makes me crave for more!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Lurifax

This a gem. Girls are hot AF, and the story has giving me a lump in my throat, and made me laugh more then one's. Nami is a cutie. Awesome renders, great music, love the cutscenes. My only complain is I want more........... Waiting is not my strong suit :)

I have been a member since 2017, and played a lot of great games, but non has prompted me to write a review, that should tell you how great I think this Gem is. Thank you Oceanlab for raising the bar.