VN - Ren'Py - Summer's Gone [S1 Steam + DLC] [Oceanlab]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Sneaky Heresiarch

Ok, have to change this rating altogether.

Beautiful renders on the LIs, I don't think you could do any better in that department. Absolute drawing point. But that's it. Everything else sucks.

Why is it constantly reworked, changed, shifted, changed again, reworked from scratch and there's zero consistency and compatibility?? Renders it unpredictable and unplayable.

Also I can appreciate not making this about MC's magic dong and a sex fest, but this is still supposed to be somewhat lewd. If I wanted just regular text reading I would pick up a book. 4 years of none of that is too much.

It's a shame to see these renders being wasted on a random nonsense that is this game.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Sudhs Addicted

This game is something else! I started it with very little expectations and quite cynically but was pleasantly surprised at how good it is! I don't say this loosely, but the character and story development is unmatched. There's depth to the story telling that is far ahead from any other game around and can actually match novels.
    The visuals are extremely well done. The models are fantastic and even though many times it feels like there's less of choice-making branches to the game and more of clicking through to see story proceed, the story is hugely captivating to keep you glued for hours!
    I'm writing this without even having completed Chapter 4.5! Can't wait for future updates. Great job!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

SerenityMD

Personally I can't thank Ocean enough for this masterpiece, not only it resonates inside me due to similar circumstances, I found some closure with my past believe it or not. And my Spotify playlist has a lot more ambient stuff from Vesky now. For those of you who are old enough to drive and have a car - try listening to Vesky during a night ride (thank me later).

Enjoy a good quality content and a rich story, not just copy/paste sex scenes and default assets from Daz store which every VN is full of them already.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

John972

This game has the potential to become an AVN masterpiece, thanks to the complex storytelling, attention to detail, and high production values.

It's the story of a broken and bad-boy MC, attempting to put his life back together several years after a violent tragedy and the disappearance of his teenage crush (the Summer of the game title). Make no mistake, the MC was a bit of a prick before the tragedy and loss. Will he heal and become more sociable, will he remain a manipulative asshole, or will he settle in the grey area in between, as he navigates college and a range of new friends and Love Interests? That will be up to the player...

Story,
    The developer is crafting a world inhabited by a range of complex, believable, and very human characters, woven together within an overarching plotline. A player cannot help become invested in the characters and the story, such is the quality of the writing and world building. Like any compelling story, the plot features a range of mysteries and potential twists that will only be revealed or resolved over time through character flashbacks and current-day interactions. Oh, the story also includes some lewd stuff as well...

Originality,
    As with any such story, there are a range of tropes employed within this AVN (bad-boy MC, college setting, MILFs, a bevy of beautiful LIs). What makes 'Summer's Gone' stand out is the depth of characterization, the complex and believable interactions between the characters, and the compelling plot.

Renders,
    The renders and cinematics in this AVN are first class, featuring fantastic attention to detail. There are plot clues presented visually in renders that are revealed before mention in the written narrative. For example, two seemingly unrelated characters - Sasha and Dwight - are briefly seen in the background arriving together at College on the first day. Much later, Sasha gives Robin a thumbs up in the background when all the girls in the locker room learn that the MC kissed Bella. This further cements the notion that Sasha and Robin's curiosity in the MC revolves solely around their relationship with Bella and not some infatuation with the MC. In a flashback of the MC and his crush Summer in a classroom, Nami sits in the background. Her gut-wrenching long face betrays the secret love she has for the MC and his rejection of her. The cinematic ending to chapter 4.5 on the Bella path is truly phenomenal, illustrating subtle and emotive changes in Bella's body language and facial expression (including pupil dilation) when she sees the MC - revealing a spark of love in her otherwise illusory veneer of invincibility.

Sound,
    The soundscape is dynamic and cinematic, bringing an emotional resonance to the narrative. The Dev clearly pays a lot of attention to his curation of the soundtrack - like any good movie or TV show, songs from the soundtrack will continue to play in your head long after quitting the game.

Amount of content
    As at chapter 4.5, there is a reasonable amount of content along with many subtle scene and story differences, depending on in-game player choices. Already, the AVN requires multiple playthroughs to appreciate all the content. It's a slow burn, with only several minor lewd scenes and no sexual intercourse. This slow burn is justified and well worth the wait... such is the quality 'Summer's Gone'.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Beastingwalrus

Look everyone... we all know why we play AVN's. I was the same way. I heard about this game - how amazing the renders are, how the story is good... there's no lewds though. Oh well, I thought - might as well give it a try...

TRY IT. If you're reading this without playing, PLAY IT. I don't sub on patreon, but Ocean earned a new sub. This game is fantastic. The visuals are gorgeous. The scenery, the characters - wow. Ocean, this game is fantastic - many kudos to you.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Darkchz

very good game, I thought the story was sensational and there were many improvements from chapter 1, best renders I've ever seen, the animations are sensational, all the girls have different personalities, I expect a lot from this game, it's already among the best I've played.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

momlover3000

one of the best games i have ever played . this is fantastic in terms of story.Even though this is a slow burn it is very much enjoyable and worth the blue balls. Waiting for the next update as things are gonna get very very interesting in the chapter 5 .
  8. 5.00 star(s)

dubinatorul

I have no words, it's in my top and definitely one of the best visual novels I've played. I would like to forget what I played so that I can play it again, but unfortunately I have to wait for the next update.
    It's a shame that I've also seen negative reviews because there aren't any sex scenes yet or because it doesn't have potential in the future... when I see what people rate in the game, I don't know if I should cry or laugh. Everyone has their own opinion, so I can't interfere but I think it has huge potential. We are talking about quality and not quantity and it will definitely be a huge game.
    That's all I can tell you, try the game and you will fall in love with it.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Lucas Mattos

Wow, this game really did a good job in development relationships, i really like the interactions with Bella and the anti - simp behavior of the protagonist, hope to see a good develop of romance with Bella!
  10. 4.00 star(s)

lovehate

Absolutely beautiful characters (salute to Bella and Nami fans) with nice visuals, more or less solid writing and engaging story, paired with a worst development planning I've ever seen. It's definitely above average but damn, I can only imagine where we would've been now if not all those remakes and refactorings.
  11. 2.00 star(s)

risky0

The story started with an interesting mystery, now it continues as a normal university story in a bad way.
    The changes in the story do not give confidence for the future.
    Although there are many LIs in the game, the main focus of the current version is a single LI.(too many romantic scenes/mutual love)
    The story is very disorganized in this regard, not well planned.
    The reason I gave this game two points is because of the romance-based story and good art.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

forzato

CH4.5
    Summer's Gone is a visual novel game that has a mature tone and a decent plot, but suffers from a lack of direction and too many characters and plot lines. The sci-fi mini story feels out of place and detracts from the overall experience. However, Bella's storyline is the most interesting and will hold your interest. The graphics are great, except for one goof, and the characters have unique details that make them stand out. The developer also spends time thinking about the soundtrack and sound fx, which adds to the immersion. However, the slow grind and lack of sexual escalation may turn off some players. Overall, Summer's Gone is worth checking out for its story and characters, but it's not without its flaws.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 5879042

Beautiful graphics/beautiful girls, it's really a must to look at those girls faces. Beatiful scenes, makes you really love the girls you spend time with.

I played the various paths of this VN many times, with various other choices, checked the .rpa files to see if I missed anything, alle the various different paths give you very small differences in how you touch/kiss/grobe the various girls.

It seems some kind of Harem/multiple girls could be an option, it all depends of the dev. Would be nice to have some kind of walkthrough, I checked the various rpy files to see what different choice do, unfortunately many relatively cryptic variables are set.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

KnightleyKnight

I've been following this game since as long as I can remember from the very beggining and I'm glad I came across it since, for me it's one of best VN in terms of this type of content that I ever seen. Story building is amazing and im glad it came focused in building all the characters main's and side of stories first and slowly but steady always leaving us guessing what secrets are there still to be revealed. It's so awesome how all the characters are connected by their past or horrible experiences in life and progression is unique since all of them have different personalities. The models are so beautiful and every single one of them detailed and I hope it keeps this way.

In terms of adult content there's none for now and im glad the creators are doing the plans slowly for that since in reality everything needs a good story to back everything up and characters need to know each other first and thats what happens in real life. If people expect sex scenes right away there's a ton of games out there that jump right into it which ends in rushed completion and in something that you will never remember or comeback for the expererience.

Soundtrack also it's been improving since day one and the tracks are awesome they really stick in your ear and they complement the story and its really well adapted.

For now everything as been awesome with this game I love it and im always anxious and excited everytime it has an update. Im glad it takes it's own time, improvements are nice and steady too and I hope you guys keep up the amazing work that has been made till now. No rushed story or decisions which im glad and that's the way to go to make a VN that makes anyone come back for even for just a few more renders of story.

Thank you for making this amazing masterpiece I'm really excited to see what the future holds for all the characters and the mysteries that they shown us even if a glimpse and see where all they're ambitions are gonna take them .

Keep up the good work as always and keep it amazing like it has been so far ;):)
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Bombmaster

Renders -
    Industry standard, not much to add.
    Game looks incredible.

Dialogue -
    It's good some characters have nice banter and personality,
    Others are more flat, having a big roster of actors is understandable.

Satisfaction -
    Despite being a slow story you have your pick of LIs that are very cute and most people have immersion. Cheeto and Bella are the fan favorite for a reason.

Fetishes -
    Yes, blue balls.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

The Reaper_Darrow

The best visual novel I've ever played. Everything is just top-notch, from the script to the visuals to the plot. We need to see more of these games made with real emotion and heart, they're just so much more engaging and fun than your average shit made by ren´py. Really hope this game inspires more like it. I've not subscribed to any Patreon before, but this game convinced me to. Easily 5/5 stars.
    P.S: (Where it Began is also extraordinarily well made, though I find the emotional aspect of Summer's Gone resonates with me more)
  17. 5.00 star(s)

honkyfifteen

This game has ruined other games for me. What a delightful game this is. Intriguing storyline, great characters, has everything from humor to romance to emotion, i just love it. Cant wait for next release.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Carlosssss

I like the story, we are far from the glorious MC who has everything going for him, but more of a character tormented by a past that prevents him from moving forward.

The render and animations are of very good quality.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

_Han

The game is currently at a very different level in terms of render quality, there are only two or three games close to the render quality of this game, and I mostly play the games for the story and render quality.

Render quality ✭✭✭✭✭ 5 stars - renders not only look good to you, but also make you feel like you're there

Story ✭✭✭✭ 4 stars - The only reason it's 4 stars is because it's not finished yet, the current state of the story is progressing really well.

MC or Protagonist ✭✭✭✭ 4 stars - A Protagonist trying to be a better version of himself, trying to fix both, even though he doesn't have a very good life and personality, and trying to help the people around him while doing this.

Character design
    ✭✭✭✭✭ 5 stars - There are unique beautiful, tough, cool or sweet characters that you cannot see in most games, and one of the most beautiful points is that he not only focused on female characters, but also designed the main character we play in a unique and appropriate manner.

(Chapter 4.5)
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Yaaai

One of the best visual novels I've ever played. After SG you start looking for something similar.. it's like finishing reading a good book.

Beautiful girls with non-default models, and in general, the graphics and visual of the game are simply at the cosmic level.

A wonderful story with many theories
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    that are interesting to read and discuss. The characters are also interesting, each with their own character and purpose. MC is also atypical for avn, it is interesting to observe how it changes.

The game also has a great soundtracks, it is clear that Ocean is directly bothering with this. (A couple of tracks will definitely go into your playlist)