Mod Ren'Py Summer's Gone Season 1: The Uncut Edition [V1.1][alain8891]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

alain8891

Dec 18, 2023
header.jpg

Overview:
The Uncut Edition brings back several deleted scenes and cinematics to the Season 1 final release.
It also attempts to fix some of the narrative, typos, and rendering glitches with some cinematics,
and reverts some of the dialog changes that took place between the Chapter 5 beta and Season 1 releases.
Available in both standard and taboo (patched) narratives. Compatible with Steam achievements.
Please take a moment to read the extensive Features list to understand what is and what is not present in this mod.

Updated: June 3rd, 2024
Game/Creator: Summer's Gone / Oceanlab
Modder: alain8891
Mod Version: 1.1
Game Version: Season 1
Language: English

Features: What to expect and how it was done
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Taboo (patched version):

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download V1.1 (Uncut Edition) : -
Download V1.1 (Uncut Taboo Edition) : -

c95.jpg m396x.jpg m598.jpg ad915.jpg ae539.jpg

Last edited:

Ohvidente

Feb 20, 2024
View attachment 3662839

Overview:
The Uncut Edition brings back several deleted scenes and cinematics to the Season 1 final release.
It also attempts to fix some of the narrative, typos, and rendering glitches with some cinematics,
and reverts some of the dialog changes that took place between the Chapter 5 beta and Season 1 releases.
Available in both standard and taboo (patched) narratives.
Please take a moment to read the extensive Features list to understand what is and what is not present in this mod.

Updated: May 23rd, 2024
Mod Version: 1.0

Taboo (patched version):

Limitations:

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download (Uncut Edition) : -
Download (Uncut Taboo Edition) : -

View attachment 3663062 View attachment 3663064 View attachment 3663083 View attachment 3663090 View attachment 3663093
Could you tell me which lines of the original you modified? Sorry for the slightly stupid question, it's because I manually translated all the episodes into my language, so I just wanted to readjust the modified lines without having to redo everything from scratch.

alain8891

Dec 18, 2023
Could you tell me which lines of the original you modified? Sorry for the slightly stupid question, it's because I manually translated all the episodes into my language, so I just wanted to readjust the modified lines without having to redo everything from scratch.
Honestly I wouldn't know and I didn't keep a log of all the changes. You could, using some advanced text editor, do an automated difference search between my script and the original ones to highlight the differences.

Mr_Mister

Jan 9, 2020
View attachment 3662839

Overview:
Available in both standard and taboo (patched) narratives.

Updated: May 23rd, 2024
Mod Version: 1.0

Taboo (patched version):

Limitations:

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download (Uncut Edition) : -
Download (Uncut Taboo Edition) : -

View attachment 3663062 View attachment 3663064 View attachment 3663083 View attachment 3663090 View attachment 3663093
you beat me to the punch !
i was working on a patch to putting back all the songs lost in ""the purge"" and later make a patch to bring back all the cinematics and renders.

were-not-worthy-waynes-world.gif

Reactions: alain8891

M0narh

May 20, 2024
thanks for the mod.
but I'm a little confused.
First, install the original game, then install "Uncut Taboo Edition", then scrappy's "Walkthrough/Cheat/Gallery" Mod ? or scrappy's Mod is already built into "Uncut Taboo Edition" ?

or scrappy's mod is not compatible with this mod?

alain8891

Dec 18, 2023
thanks for the mod.
but I'm a little confused.
First, install the original game, then install "Uncut Taboo Edition", then scrappy's "Walkthrough/Cheat/Gallery" Mod ? or scrappy's Mod is already built into "Uncut Taboo Edition" ?

or scrappy's mod is not compatible with this mod?
Scrappy's mod is not compatible with my mod. There's no walkthrough in mine. His mod does reincoporate some of the same scenes though, so if you need/want a walkthrough, go with his mod which is great. If you want a more complete overhaul approach to the whole game and cohesive narrative, I'd suggest mine. I took inspiration from the work he did, I just wanted to be more complete in bridging the gap between versions and fixing some of the narrative and bugs.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Just a hint. The script you used as a basis for your mod is outdated and contained some minor bugs.

In line 9412 and 9484 it shouldn't be "if bellalove >=1:". It's "if bellameet is True:" now. Ocean mixed something up because you can't have any bellalove points at that moment of the game and corrected it in his last update on Steam.

I think there're some bugs more, but I hadn't time to look over the whole script. I just found these two because there're the most obvious while playing.

Mr_Mister

Jan 9, 2020
Scrappy's mod is not compatible with my mod. There's no walkthrough in mine. His mod does reincoporate some of the same scenes though, so if you need/want a walkthrough, go with his mod which is great. If you want a more complete overhaul approach to the whole game and cohesive narrative, I'd suggest mine. I took inspiration from the work he did, I just wanted to be more complete in bridging the gap between versions and fixing some of the narrative and bugs.
my only nitpick with your patch , is in the intro cinematics , you forgot to include the one with the raccoon and later you should've cut intro title card from the Vic accident (that one it's just awful) because the original it's 1000 times better , but good job.

i'm just a few scenes from finishing restoring the original soundtrack !
fallout-liberty-reprimed.gif

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Just a hint. The script you used as a basis for your mod is outdated and contained some minor bugs.

In line 9412 and 9484 it shouldn't be "if bellalove >=1:". It's "if bellameet is True:" now. Ocean mixed something up because you can't have any bellalove points at that moment of the game and corrected it in his last update on Steam.

I think there're some bugs more, but I hadn't time to look over the whole script. I just found these two because there're the most obvious while playing.
I've checked. At least that bug is also on the taboo patch for the Steam (not uncut) version.

alain8891

Dec 18, 2023

Yeah thanks for this. I will update when I find some time to do so. I worked on my mod using Season 1 scripts from before the last update so yeah, needs adjusting, there are a few typos remaining that I've detected as well.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ayhsel
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote