Mod Ren'Py Summer's Gone Season 1: The Uncut Edition [V1.1][alain8891]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

alain8891

Dec 18, 2023
There should be a newer update to my mod in the coming days. I'm still playing through the game multiple times and doing a lot of proofreading, fixing lines there and there. The amount of changes to do is quite impressive, considering Season 1 was supposed to be a final release. Ocean really needs to get the help of native English speakers to fix his script, I hope he does for Season 2...and I'm saying this as a non-native speaker !

alain8891

Dec 18, 2023
Yeah it just wouldn't fit anymore, and was removed as far as Chap 4 Beta release actually so...(it was initially in Chap 3)

deducify

Mar 26, 2023
There should be a newer update to my mod in the coming days. I'm still playing through the game multiple times and doing a lot of proofreading, fixing lines there and there. The amount of changes to do is quite impressive, considering Season 1 was supposed to be a final release. Ocean really needs to get the help of native English speakers to fix his script, I hope he does for Season 2...and I'm saying this as a non-native speaker !
Hey ! Im gonna be starting a new play through so should I wait ? and what about the music restoration mod..is it compatible with this or is music restored by default ?

alain8891

Dec 18, 2023
Hey ! Im gonna be starting a new play through so should I wait ? and what about the music restoration mod..is it compatible with this or is music restored by default ?
I haven't touched the music. And I don't know how the music restoration mod works so wouldn't know either if it's compatible.

Reactions: deducify

alain8891

Dec 18, 2023
I haven't touched the music. And I don't know how the music restoration mod works so wouldn't know either if it's compatible.
I can confirm that my mod is NOT compatible with the music restoration mod. Both work the same way in altering the game scripts so it's mutually exclusive.

Reactions: deducify

SnG

Aug 8, 2017
View attachment 3662839

Overview:
The Uncut Edition brings back several deleted scenes and cinematics to the Season 1 final release.
It also attempts to fix some of the narrative, typos, and rendering glitches with some cinematics,
and reverts some of the dialog changes that took place between the Chapter 5 beta and Season 1 releases.
Available in both standard and taboo (patched) narratives. Compatible with Steam achievements.
Please take a moment to read the extensive Features list to understand what is and what is not present in this mod.

Updated: May 24th, 2024
Game/Creator: Summer's Gone / Oceanlab
Modder: alain8891
Mod Version: 1.01
Game Version: Season 1
Language: English

Features: What to expect and how it was done
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Taboo (patched version):

Limitations:

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download V1.01 (Uncut Edition) : -
Download V1.01 (Uncut Taboo Edition) : -

Download V1.0->V1.01 update (Uncut Edition) : -
Download V1.0->V1.01 update (Uncut Taboo Edition) : -

View attachment 3663062 View attachment 3663064 View attachment 3663083 View attachment 3663090 View attachment 3663093

Sometimes I wonder, why you guys didn't just work together with the dev instead. xd
anyway, ty for the mods.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Sometimes I wonder, why you guys didn't just work together with the dev instead. xd
anyway, ty for the mods.
because the dev has to appease patreon and steam while the fans don't?

Dev may help but it has to be extraofficial. I have no idea since I don't lurk on game discords, but I wouldn't doubt that you couldn't even have patch discussion on your discord server, so patreon or whatever host could use that against you. We know how their appeal system sucks, once they swing the banhammer on you it's a very stressful process to revert.

alain8891

Dec 18, 2023
anyway, ty for the mods.
Well it's his game and he has his vision for it. Who am I to suggest otherwise? As far as removing scenes and adjusting some renders go, he had his reasons. I'm just a player who likes his game and wants to remember it for what it could have been.

The one thing I'd agree with is regarding proofreading. I've even considered sending him my corrected script once I'm done with it, but then it's so different now with the reintroduced scenes and dialog changes that it might not even be useful to him. But I'm currently spending 2 hours each evening playing the game and proofreading it...from punctuation mistakes, to tense coordination, to misgendered pronouns, to grammar, to whole phrases needing rephrasing because they've obviously been thought of in German and then translated...I'm literally fixing 1 out of 10 lines of the game, and there are 35,000 of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnG and -VALKORION-

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Give it a go now I'd say. The update won't add any additional scene...just some proofreading, and hopefully an updated replay gallery.
that's what I was expecting, very nice.

I'm going to make a request. If possible, don't make gallery fully unlocked from the get go, many modders create galleries that are fully unlocked, but I like to unlock it myself as it helps me to know if I've missed scenes in my own playthrough. If it's too much of a hassle, don't worry about it, it's a minor thing. Thanks for your work again.

alain8891

Dec 18, 2023
that's what I was expecting, very nice.

I'm going to make a request. If possible, don't make gallery fully unlocked from the get go, many modders create galleries that are fully unlocked, but I like to unlock it myself as it helps me to know if I've missed scenes in my own playthrough. If it's too much of a hassle, don't worry about it, it's a minor thing. Thanks for your work again.
I can reassure you, there won't be any unlocking mod. Just script changes so that the changes I've incorporated in the game are actually reflected in the replays. They're not as of now, as the replays use their own copy of the game script and they've not been adjusted yet.

Reactions: gestved

-VALKORION-

Jul 9, 2017
I just hope this work is narratively compatible with season 2 onwards. But either way, this is a really cool effort, and I love the dedication.

TheReDeeMeR

Mar 18, 2018
I made wt for myself, so if you want I will share it here. Though, please keep in mind that I also made the transitions to be lot faster (take shorter time) and it's the taboo(incest) version.
Tnx buuut what should i do with this attachments? I can't download it.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote