Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga - Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.20.16]

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
What must I remove from the mod files to have not the extra Fan DLC Scenes Mod in the game? I find them not so interesting and some not really fitting to the characters of the game. The In-game Walkthrough is what I find the most interesting.
I'm not sure why a couple people keep asking this, there's literally only 3 major new scenes and you can choose to just not do them or easily skip them lol. Some of the images admittedly aren't the greatest quality, so I guess I'll add an option to disable the scenes the next time I update the mod if it really is such a big deal.

Bigeye6

Aug 16, 2017
Maim Lain dont know if this is posted somewhere, so forgive me for asking, but will this mod work with Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod? wanted to ask so i dont mess anything up by insalling them both

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Maim Lain dont know if this is posted somewhere, so forgive me for asking, but will this mod work with Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod? wanted to ask so i dont mess anything up by insalling them both
So far it looks like they are compatible. Not sure which needed to be installed first, in the moment. But search this thread or the Naughty mod thread would tell.

There is only one file from the Naughty mod "bedroom" something, that would be overwritten, but the change in it is not important for the Naughty mod!

Reactions: Bigeye6

Bigeye6

Aug 16, 2017
So far it looks like they are compatible. Not sure which needed to be installed first, in the moment. But search this thread or the Naughty mod thread would tell.

There is only one file from the Naughty mod "bedroom" something, that would be overwritten, but the change in it is not important for the Naughty mod!
thanks for the help!

drakemasta

May 8, 2018
i had a little bug when using the mod with naughty mod (not sure if it was the combo of the two that caused it or what) but i had a renpy crash bug when i went to go save before the branch in mia's story (mia or her mom)

Feb 5, 2018
No, you'll have to reload a save if you want to replay them.
How to talk to clyde again about mysterious statue if i already done with roxane route ? please make us can reset her route i really need it for diane route so sad this mod got alot bug but atleast fix this

Last edited:

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
How to talk to clyde again about mysterious statue if i already done with roxane route ? please make us can reset her route i really need it for diane route so sad this mod got alot bug but atleast fix this
I can't understand what you are asking. There are no bugs in this mod though. The walkthrough does not affect the game, it's only a walkthrough.

Zar Doz

Sep 13, 2017
Hey Lain,

You mentioned you were working on your own character DLC in the past; how is that going?

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Hey Lain,
You mentioned you were working on your own character DLC in the past; how is that going?
Character sprites - 100%
Writing - 50%
Animations - 40%
Coding - 5%

I've really wanted to work on it, but there's been issues with the animations which stopped progress for a while. :( Once those are finished (hopefully this week), I should be able to start completing everything else pretty easily.

Reactions: Cirro84 and yoje
Feb 5, 2018
I can't understand what you are asking. There are no bugs in this mod though. The walkthrough does not affect the game, it's only a walkthrough.
Yeah my bad already cleared her route, how about mrs.jhonson walktrough why u discontinued her route in mod ? i already finished her route with wiki guide

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Yeah my bad already cleared her route, how about mrs.jhonson walktrough why u discontinued her route in mod ? i already finished her route with wiki guide
Clicking on Mrs. Johnson's in-game walkthrough will tell you why it can't be done yet.

virtual8.1

Jun 17, 2017
I only have the 18.6 basic and the Lain mod installed. I get errors trying to launch a new game in clean mode and cheat mode. Also get an error when trying to load settings from the main menu.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I only have the 18.6 basic and the Lain mod installed. I get errors trying to launch a new game in clean mode and cheat mode. Also get an error when trying to load settings from the main menu.
I think you might be getting the error because you have your game location in "C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Logs" and LoL probably messes with and deletes files in that folder.

I can't really think of any other reason you'd get an error unless you put the mod in the wrong folder.

virtual8.1

Jun 17, 2017
I think you might be getting the error because you have your game location in "C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Logs" and LoL probably messes with and deletes files in that folder.

I can't really think of any other reason you'd get an error unless you put the mod in the wrong folder.
I moved the install to be directly in the C: drive. I still get the no attribute error for "internet access" this is also for the base game, no mod installed. Think I'm going to have to try and re download or something :/

Reactions: Cirro84

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
I moved the install to be directly in the C: drive. I still get the no attribute error for "internet access" this is also for the base game, no mod installed. Think I'm going to have to try and re download or something :/
If it is possible, don't use drive c:
But even if you can or not use another drive, create a new folder and unzip the game in it. If you just move the files from one folder into another one, you move the problem with it.

The new folder should be the main directory of C: (D: or else) of your drive. Or in a self created folder. Don't use any folder from windows or created by another application. Use only A-Z or Numbers for the folders (I used a '!' for my folder names, so this character should not be an issue).

If this issue happens also in the original program. You should maybe post in the game related thread. Maim Lain can only help you with mod related issues if the non-modified game works normal.

Reactions: Cirro84
3.80 star(s) 6 Votes