Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga - Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.20.16]

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Wouldn't mind paying for full version of the walk-through MOD, but it seems MOD doesn't have guide for every possible girl in the game. It will seem illogical to expect the MOD to have guide for girls who have only few scenes.
But its not one time fee I will be charged for It will be monthly transaction so I hope MOD gets better over the time.

Until then I guess its better to use demo version just like MOD author recommends.
Nice MOD Keep Up the Good Work
That's a good point. But I can't do walkthroughs for a lot of girls like Jenny, Mrs. Johnson, a few side characters, and so on because the developers still haven't updated the code for those characters yet. So once they do I'll be able to add them to the mod (who knows when they will though, since it took 4 months to update just Diane's code >_>).

Also some 'scenes' with a few characters aren't really even scenes, like the librarian has a scene in the cookie jar that's one image and it's not even of her. So I didn't bother adding walkthroughs for the events the devs call 'scenes' that aren't actually scenes. But the mod will definitely have a walkthrough for each character eventually! :)

Reactions: cvedant95

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
dont know how its a rare game for that reason since this a pirate site and there are tons of games here

so yeah the since the actual developer is against this probably would be best if you would either delete this thread or make everything free i mean he actually made some good points
The difference being that with Summertime Saga it is intentional, there's no Need to pirate the game. It's available for all from the start.

Which is probably one of the main reasons Cookie gets so much Money for it on patreon.

Reactions: King Monkey Mon

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
The difference being that with Summertime Saga it is intentional, there's no Need to pirate the game. It's available for all from the start.

Which is probably one of the main reasons Cookie gets so much Money for it on patreon.
i guess i never knew of the site

Tweaker69

Aug 12, 2016
Congrats on a successful Patreon, Lain. I was captivated by all the delicious hatred here, so I read through the thread (wish I had some popcorn...). I must say, your patience with them impressed me. I do want your walkthrough mod for free, don't get me wrong, but I get it. It looks really nice in the screenshots and, having played the game, I'm positive it'd add real value to the game. Five bucks a month is too much for my wallet, but that shouldn't keep you from setting your own prices for your work. Thanks for the free stuff, and good luck with everything!

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Attractive Characters Mod Update (Nov. 29th):
- Added 20 more improved images for Eve and Kevin.

Congrats on a successful Patreon, Lain. I was captivated by all the delicious hatred here, so I read through the thread (wish I had some popcorn...). I must say, your patience with them impressed me. I do want your walkthrough mod for free, don't get me wrong, but I get it. It looks really nice in the screenshots and, having played the game, I'm positive it'd add real value to the game. Five bucks a month is too much for my wallet, but that shouldn't keep you from setting your own prices for your work. Thanks for the free stuff, and good luck with everything!
Thank you! :)

RyuZu

May 4, 2017
We are on f95zone so.. can someone share the full version like we do with all the games?

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
We are on f95zone so.. can someone share the full version like we do with all the games?
Yeah go ahead then, you can become a patron get the full version and post it here or do you just want someone else to do it for you.

RyuZu

May 4, 2017
Yeah go ahead then, you can become a patron get the full version and post it here or do you just want someone else to do it for you.
Is what this forum do with al the games, you don't need to be salty.

Last edited:

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Is what this forum do with al the games, you don't need to be salty.
I'm not being salty but how do you think paid games get on here? Users buy them and share them, so if you think the paid version of this Walkthrough mod really should be on here then post it.

Reactions: Maid Lain
Jun 15, 2018
I don't think the mod activated for me, put it in the folder and when i go into the living room nothing. Went to the treehouse too if theirs something i need to do there then its not showing up

Reactions: 9gag101

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I don't think the mod activated for me, put it in the folder and when i go into the living room nothing. Went to the treehouse too if theirs something i need to do there then its not showing up
Which mod are you trying to use?

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Fan Scenes Mod
OK so did you extract SS_LainsFanScenesMod.zip & copy/paste the game folder into your SummertimeSaga-0-17-1-pc folder?
then according to the OP you "Go inside your tree house and you will get a message saying the mod has been activated"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maid Lain

pyr0w

Feb 19, 2018
Don't worry, one day will happen the same with Nexus mods. Full rampage and monthly fee of 5/10$ for downloading the mods there for all of the games available.
Except Nexus has tried for YEARS to avoid it. It was only recently that they even added a donation/tips section.

But. On the subject of the OP REQUIRING money for a mod...on a forum that people use to get pirated copies of games is...bold?

I wonder just how butt hurt he/she will get when a [REQ] get's put in for for his mod? SURELY he/she can't expect preferential treatment can they?

I guess we will see...

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes