a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
If this has been posted before then great and if not here it is.

Warning - unofficial Summertime Saga websites
A lot of users have come forward asking if various sites online were owned by us, and the vast majority are not.
We do NOT have a Youtube, Facebook or Instagram account. If you see them, they are most likely scams, or fan made!
Our ONLY official websites are:
  • Patreon:
  • Twitter:
  • Website feature access:
  • Discord:
  • Live Stream:
Any other website/social media page you encounter is not hosted by us and you risk catching malware, or supporting someone who is not part of our development.
Be careful out there! <3
DC

Reactions: Caligula

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
After a while.. more patrons arrived and they begun to complain about the game having such content.. lol.. thats kinda crazy too me..
Almost no Patron complained about incest.
Content depicting incestual relationships violates the community guidelines of Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/policy/guidelines said:
We also do not allow other fringe sexual fetish creations, such as incest, necrophilia, or fetish creations that is hard to distinguish from non-consensual sex.
And the more popular Summertime Saga became, the more attention it got from the powers that oversee these rules (that's why some games over there still contain incest, simply nobody official noticed until now). And since violating these rules means getting your account banned and no more income, of course did DarkCookie rush to remove all hints of a relationship between the characters engaging in sex.

CassidyPRO

Jul 6, 2017
Content depicting incestual relationships violates the community guidelines of Patreon:

And the more popular Summertime Saga became, the more attention it got from the powers that oversee these rules (that's why some games over there still contain incest, simply nobody official noticed until now). And since violating these rules means getting your account banned and no more income, of course did DarkCookie rush to remove all hints of a relationship between the characters engaging in sex.
Im not talking about the patron witchhunt.. im talking about actual fans complaining...

You can see that even in this thread.

not talking about the incest content being removed either.

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
Im not talking about the patron witchhunt.. im talking about actual fans complaining...
Considering how many posts shortly after a release are "does the incest patch still work", "where do I find a working incest patch" etc. I'd say more people complain about the removal of the incest than about the game at one point containing incest.
And with any fetish you always get arguments for and against it because people have varying tastes.

What I can kind of understand is the complaints about the focus on the same characters for a lot of the updates (0.11 (Mom), 0.12 (Jenny), 0.12.5 (Mom), 0.14 (incest removal), 0.17 (Diane) & 0.18 (Jenny)). And that is mostly tied to the relations of those characters to the player character.

Reactions: unknown78

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Considering how many posts shortly after a release are "does the incest patch still work", "where do I find a working incest patch" etc. I'd say more people complain about the removal of the incest than about the game at one point containing incest.
And with any fetish you always get arguments for and against it because people have varying tastes.
That makes you wonder -- why? If a feature is removed (here: incest) is's clear that people wantig it will complain. Why should the others that are OK with that removal say anything?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017

not talking about the incest content being removed either.

What I can kind of understand is the complaints about the focus on the same characters for a lot of the updates (0.11 (Mom), 0.12 (Jenny), 0.12.5 (Mom), 0.14 (incest removal), 0.17 (Diane) & 0.18 (Jenny)). And that is mostly tied to the relations of those characters to the player character.
That makes you wonder -- why? If a feature is removed (here: incest) is's clear that people wantig it will complain. Why should the others that are OK with that removal say anything?
Once Summertime Saga is done DC will put incest back into the game.
Either through a patch or host it on some other site.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I'd say more people complain about the removal of the incest than about the game at one point containing incest.

I can't remember anybody seriously complaining that there's incest in the game and the number of those people must be miniscule. I mean, I do think that DC focussed a bit too much on all this family stuff in the beginning (after all we are only talking about 3 out of 9 main girls/women) but that doesn't mean that I'm against it.

In general I'm not sure wether the patreon base has any real influence when it comes to this. They've hundreds of thousands of players by now and of course you'll have a number of people complaning about everything. DC mentions from time to time that he still gets hate mails because of "boner jesus" in the church. People will complain about everything and I can't see DC softening that much. If anything he's probably mostly changing stuff he himself doesn't like or ineed because patreon could cause troubles in one way or the other (like the old Jenny bed scene in that old context).

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Is the incest gone ? Havent realy noticed anyway the incest will be fine once the game is done atleast the real problem is that preggo system
Well, it's a "problem" for some with an incest fetish, just like the "pregnancy stuff" seems to be a problem for some with a serious pregnancy fetish. So they will have to hope that DC takes the time at some point to implement what they want, while everybody else doesn't really seem to care anyway.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Is the incest gone ? Havent realy noticed anyway the incest will be fine once the game is done atleast the real problem is that preggo system
All that was done was remove the words "mom", "sister" and "aunt" from the game and change the story up some so you are just living with the family.

Once the game is done and off of patreon then DC will revert it back to incest.

ZugBub9000

Mar 23, 2018
So is getting Jenny pregnant considered a "game over" for her arc? I have a few missing scenes but now I can't do anything with her.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
So is getting Jenny pregnant considered a "game over" for her arc? I have a few missing scenes but now I can't do anything with her.
After she gives birth you need to wait a couple of weeks until you can do stuff with her again, but after that you should be able to unlock the remaining scenes.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I hate the mini game tbh. Ruins the scene. The spinny wheel is just RNG.

I'd rather ditch the wheel and have nothing happen in the GUI. Run the RNG check in the backround. If it fails the scene continues as normal. If it passes put a little fertilization animation in the corner.

Somnus

Oct 12, 2017
I'm lazy is there any way to unlock all scenes through the cookie jar I think it's called. There was a Persistent file for previous versions I believe was wondering if there was one for 18.2?
Put the file in the game folder.

Progress: 2 posing, 1 writing, 3 coding left. I'd expect this to be released this month but hey, since June is close by, they'll probably hold it until next month to charge people for the fast download server.

kaos1987

May 19, 2017
Once the game is done and off of patreon then DC will revert it back to incest.
As much as I love this game I am firmly in the "Will it ever get finished though?" Camp.

It doesn't matter to me as everytime a new version comes out it has been so long since the last one that most of the story arcs feel fresh and its almost like playing a new game.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
she can be submissive how?
It's also mentioned in the walkthrough. Don't stay silent when she argues, don't give her the money right away and so on. You have four opportunities to do so.
anyone know if you can change jennys dom/sub status thru console? I clicked thru it and now shes an uber bitch.
There is a way, I did it myself. I have to look it up though.

SDaddy666

May 5, 2017
Time for a little review after progressing a few updates :

I still enjoy playing this game globally because of the sympathy its artwork and its general mood gives me. This is different in a good way from other games and at the beginning, the list of kinks and opportunities were HUGE.

That being said, here's a straight forward list of things I consider failed with sometimes some improvement possibilites :

- Playing the entire game at each new update is a big no-no. aint nobody got time for that. aint no possible argument valid at this point.The devs must provide a save where everything from the past is done and everything from the new update is to be done.
- The hint system must be improved
- I really doubt patrons paying for something like a year and a half now for mildly interesting overhauls and short updates fully agree with this.
- Women's bodies in this game look too much alike.
- The kink list is big, but there are only a few occurencies for each one, example, anal is a big thing, but only happens one yet ingame (coorect me if i'm wrong)
- Pregnancies. you didn't get it. What people wanted was to impregnate, then enjoy a pregnant body to fuck, with lactation etc, NOT HAVING A BABY. you missed it big time.
- This city is big, instead of doing senseless graphic reworks, you could extend it's limits and create more characters
- 3somes are missing a lot
- we go to a high school yet we can fuck only one girl of our age (not counting jenny). My point is this game is too milf oriented, balance must be restored.
- we can progress in the events without having to rewrite everything every other update, TRUST ME.
- outfits, we need them
- where are the submissive girls ? where are the dominant ones ? There is barely any change
- we need more randomized sex events, and more unique events. Making plans to fuck one specific girl at one specific place is boring. We need birthday dates and random encounters at specific places with opportunities to catch (meeting mrs johnson at the mall some morning ang having a shot a fucking her in the bathroom ?) Mia's birthday date ?
That's why Roxy's update was was better than the others.

- TL/DR we need more girls of our age, more variations in kinks and outfits and less rewriting and redesigning.

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes