j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
She needs a big rework.
The rework will come at some point, though I'm not sure whether it'll meet the expectations of those who like her currently. As far as I know...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Her current update was really small by today's standards and the scene feels more or less added at the end to have anything at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: chociar666

mrpopo69

Aug 10, 2019
I wonder if she will have a remake in her update like sis, aunt and mother got, her update is old as fuck
I hate this approach because why not just add story content to that character instead of wiping it and redoing it all over... sadly this is likely to happen

it makes it all look like absolutely no planning went into the original content and delays other focus on other characters that have no story at all

kasata

Mar 28, 2017
There's always gonna be a trade-off, quality/quantity, and there's a lot of examples of that on this website, to add to this, the artwork is hand drawn...I've not seen a single artist who draws their art release consistent updates, unless you prefer the stuff done in Paint. Slow updates are a part of this kind of style and no amount of complaining or money is gonna change that.

All that being said, you are gonna have a much nicer time if you just moved on to a Dev who meets your demands.

Reactions: Omniel

mrdiv

Oct 5, 2017
The progression has slowed down even though the funding has increased, but the updates are bigger than before as well. Although with all the surplus cash-flow DC should consider hiring a few more people, but it isn't as bad as what some people are making it out to be.

0.12 - May 2017
0.13 - August 2017
0.14 - October 2017
0.14.5 - December 2017
0.15 - April 2018
0.16 - July 2018
0.17 - November 2018
0.17.5 - December 2018
0.18 - May 2019
0.18.5 - June 2019
0.19 - October 2019
0.19.5 - December 2019
0.20 - April 2020

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
it makes it all look like absolutely no planning went into the original content...
Well, that's essentially what happened. The game was never meant to be a game but just a trial in which DC wanted to teach himself how to code. It became popular, he hired some people who continue to built on his stuff and after ~ 1,5 years he simply had to make a decision. To either make it properly, consistent and playable (including having a really playable supported andriod version) or to finish everything in a rushjob with partly really bad art, bad animation, no saves, no proper mobile version, etc. and most importantly no real prespective.

I don't think there are many people out there who really like that approach but I think it's price worth paying to have better game in the end.

Edit: Just to add, I don't think Mia's initial route will change much. After all she isn't like for example Jenny, where the original content was just really bad all around and had to be replaced.

Last edited:

Ruodger

Sep 20, 2018
Please, does anyone know how Jenny can get pregnant when the MC used an infertility pill? I'm using a save from the previous version as it says on the OP's cover page. But I can't keep up with the story at the mayor's house (even using the walkthrough) and Jenny keeps getting pregnant ... To correct, should I start over from scratch? The game is great, but great ... it would be a pain in the balls ...

Reactions: vmaks

sogetthis

Dec 8, 2018
When I look at the work of japanese team in term of "level of quality", "fantasm concept" and "speed process", Summertime saga were obviously far overestimated since the early beginning :
[...]
If all those better teams can churn out as good or better work faster, where can I find all their games?

Reactions: Grizloy

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Mods should be locking threads before releases as they did.
No they shouldn't. Threads should never be locked, this forum suffers from mods who are far too heavy handed. Even discussion on related topics to the game a thread is on are stifled and quashed. This forum needs less oppressive moderation, not more oppressive moderation.

Anywho, are rumors still pegging it as today?

mrpopo69

Aug 10, 2019
Well, that's essentially what happened. The game was never meant to be a game but just a trial in which DC wanted to teach himself how to code. It became popular, he hired some people who continue to built on his stuff and after ~ 1,5 years he simply had to make a decision. To either make it properly, consistent and playable (including having a really playable supported andriod version) or to finish everything in a rushjob with partly really bad art, bad animation, no saves, no proper mobile version, etc. and most importantly no real prespective.

I don't think there are many people out there who really like that approach but I think it's price worth paying to have better game in the end.

Edit: Just to add, I don't think Mia's initial route will change much. After all she isn't like for example Jenny, where the original content was just really bad all around and had to be replaced.
Jenny is actually an example of why I do not like the reworks because what ends up happening is a whole lot of content gets removed and she had some of the most fleshed out content at that point when it got a rework. This is not like Judith that has an easy to throwaway scene either, the original Jenny had a bunch of hours put into it

and with that said, there's a lot of perfectly good art that's gotten removed for other characters but basically the same situation. I wonder why some of this stuff isn't just thrown in as bonus content somewhere in the main menu. It really sucks that it all went poof

2xjj

Aug 5, 2016
Jenny is actually an example of why I do not like the reworks because what ends up happening is a whole lot of content gets removed and she had some of the most fleshed out content at that point when it got a rework. This is not like Judith that has an easy to throwaway scene either, the original Jenny had a bunch of hours put into it

and with that said, there's a lot of perfectly good art that's gotten removed for other characters but basically the same situation. I wonder why some of this stuff isn't just thrown in as bonus content somewhere in the main menu. It really sucks that it all went poof
None of Jenny's content was removed

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes