Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
What do you think the next 3 planned routes are gonna do ? And said routes have been talked about in here for the last 2+ years, you not finding anything is a lie.
What routes? what do you think my question was?
This game has a big map that feels underutilised, feels like there is a lot of room for more stories to play out, but all the chatter is about which characters will get promised sex scenes not about the stories that will drive them forward. And not whether these scenes represent the game being finished or just the current stage.

Ranma

Oct 25, 2017
Ulitmately only Eve's story and the main story are to say fully done.

Which means the game is probably around 50% finished content wise, maybe even a little less. We'll get full update for Ronda, Annie and Judith, there'll be a big rework of Mia's story and an update for Roxxy's. The teachers will get a rework that's supposed to include the coach, just as Debbie, Erik and Aqua will get full a rework. Next to that they want to improve Diane's living situation and the libary is supposed to get some content at some point.

There's a dating system/beach house feature planned for the school girls and we'll get some final prom content for each of them.

Last but not least it seems like DC would like to add a small story for Kevin and he already mentioned at least one new monster girl.

Well, DC always said that he'd like his game to offer something for as many people as possible and as long as it's optional and hidden behind some kind of choice, I think that's a good thing. I mean, it's not like you'd have to bang Erik/Kevin...
You forgot the Witch.

Reactions: j4yj4m

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
You forgot the Witch.
Ah, yes, I'm sure there's more I forgot. I think Missy is also supposed to a father and we are supposed to get quite a bit more content for the telescope, for example.

This game has a big map that feels underutilised, feels like there is a lot of room for more stories to play out, but all the chatter is about which characters will get promised sex scenes not about the stories that will drive them forward. And not whether these scenes represent the game being finished or just the current stage.
DC doesn't really talk about planned content in detail. So we know that each of the school girls is supposed to get a story about as big as Eve's/Roxxy's together with their corresponding characters, but we won't know what's it going to be about until it's actually released. For example they managed to hide trans-Eve until the update was actually out...

Reactions: Stil996

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
DC doesn't really talk about planned content in detail. So we know that each of the school girls is supposed to get a story about as big as Eve's/Roxxy's together with their corresponding characters, but we won't know what's it going to be about until it's actually released. For example they managed to hide trans-Eve until the update was actually out...
Yeah I guess the driving force behind my question was all these updates that have little to no story behind them (yeah I know this is blamed on the tech (pre-tech) updates)

Feels like he is just tying off loose ends rather than developing a game. Putting the last bit of polish before trying to sell it on steam or some other platform.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Ah, yes, I'm sure there's more I forgot. I think Missy is also supposed to a father and we are supposed to get quite a bit more content for the telescope, for example.

I would assume that DC doesn't talk much about planned content because if plans change, it throws the fanbase into a tizzy with anxiety attacks and repeated accusations of milking, etc.
If plans aren't changing, then the fanbase is thrown into a tizzy when an update isn't released every other month with their favorite idea of the plan and repeated accusations of milking, etc.
If too much of a plan is put into place and DC decides to drop in something new that isn't part of the plan, but something extra, while working on the plan, then the fanbase huddles around swinging wildly with conspiracy theories and works themselves into a tizzy and repeated accusations of milking, etc.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Best to keep it close to your chest for as long as possible.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Yeah I guess the driving force behind my question was all these updates that have little to no story behind them (yeah I know this is blamed on the tech (pre-tech) updates)

Feels like he is just tying off loose ends rather than developing a game. Putting the last bit of polish before trying to sell it on steam or some other platform.
These updates without stories are really just fillers. DC's plan was to release the tech update least year, but it seems like he seriously underestimated the time it would take his team to get these "under the hood" things done. Now it looks like they are basically developing a completely new game codewise.

That's why for now we are just getting additional scenes for characters which are already in the game. These cause very little work for his team to implement.
And yes, that's a mixed bag. On one hand the game was always weak on the sexual content side and offered comparatively few scenes, so getting this many now is a good thing (things like Roxxy's BJ for example where demanded countless times). On the other hand there indeed has been no progess on the story side, which is bad.

When it comes to Steam/selling the game, DC already said that he considers the game paid by the development and he doesn't want to sell it for money later on. So if it's ever going to be on Steam, it'll be as cheap as possible (I'm not sure if you can just release it for free without paying fees there).

I would assume that DC doesn't talk much about planned content because if plans change, it throws the fanbase into a tizzy with anxiety attacks and repeated accusations of milking, etc.
If plans aren't changing, then the fanbase is thrown into a tizzy when an update isn't released every other month with their favorite idea of the plan and repeated accusations of milking, etc.
If too much of a plan is put into place and DC decides to drop in something new that isn't part of the plan, but something extra, while working on the plan, then the fanbase huddles around swinging wildly with conspiracy theories and works themselves into a tizzy and repeated accusations of milking, etc.
I'm not even sure it's that complicated. He just doesn't want to spoil the stories. When he started, he was bascially streaming everything he did and as such one already knew what was going to happen in the coming update. Now nobody knows any details and the relases became quite a bit more exiting. But yeah, they do change their plans at times, so it's probably a good thing not to promise any details.

Reactions: Stil996

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Well, DC always said that he'd like his game to offer something for as many people as possible and as long as it's optional and hidden behind some kind of choice, I think that's a good thing. I mean, it's not like you'd have to bang Erik/Kevin...
Every resource that is bound creating something I don't want/like/need is taken away from things I would want or like. And doing just some tiny effortless side story to satisfy the needs of those few who do not find their kink in the game as it currently is, will, at the end, satisfy nobody but disappoint many. Just my two cents.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
Every resource that is bound creating something I don't want/like/need is taken away from things I would want or like. And doing just some tiny effortless side story to satisfy the needs of those few who do not find their kink in the game as it currently is, will, at the end, satisfy nobody but disappoint many. Just my two cents.
Agreed. The effort necessary to make the game all things to all people wouldn't be worth it. Focus on your core audience. Other people (like me) can make games for the fetishes you leave out.

teraptuss

May 4, 2019

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Best to keep it close to your chest for as long as possible.
so you are saying we are Tizzy Milkers. Got it :p

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Agreed. The effort necessary to make the game all things to all people wouldn't be worth it. Focus on your core audience. Other people (like me) can make games for the fetishes you leave out.
I'd disagree for at least two reasons. First and foremost it's really up to the dev to decide what kind of game he wants to develope. The trans/gay/threesome content has been "planned" since 2016 after all. Next to that I don't really get how anybody could really complain if like 95+% of the content is to his liking, just because the other optional 3-5% maybe aren't. To me that seems somewhat entitled/selfish.

Secondly I'd actually say that SS as a game is indeed (meant to be) for everyone. I'm sure there are many people who for example liked/enjoyed Eve's story, who would never have installed a game that actually focusses on trans/futa content. And the same will probably be even more extreme for the gay content. Also it's a good thing in general, if these topics get some exposure within a game that literally gets millions downloads per release, instead of games which are played by a tiny group of people.

Segregating fetishes into seprate games is fine to some extend, but it's always good if there's a certain variety. Even more so, given that SS doesn't really serve any fetish in particular. Many people will find small bits they really enjoy, but unless your fetish is "vanilla" there's nothing else that really stands out - even the incest (before Patreon stepped in) is pretty modest compared to actual incest games.

Edit: Just to add, I'm not saying that every imaginable fetish should be included - but at least when it comes to the obvious things, I don't see a reason why not.

Last edited:

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017
I have 2 questions:
Will the next update be a regular one again and not a visual refresher?
When is it planned and who is the main component this time?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I'd disagree for at least two reasons. First and foremost it's really up to the dev to decide what kind of game he wants to develope. The trans/gay/threesome content has been "planned" since 2016 after all. Next to that I don't really get how anybody could really complain if like 95+% of the content is to his liking, just because the other optional 3-5% maybe aren't. To me that seems somewhat entitled/selfish.

Secondly I'd actually say that SS as a game is indeed (meant to be) for everyone. I'm sure there are many people who for example liked/enjoyed Eve's story, who would never have installed a game that actually focusses on trans/futa content. And the same will probably be even more extreme for the gay content. Also it's a good thing in general, if these topics get some exposure within a game that literally gets millions downloads per release, instead of games which are played by a tiny group of people.

Segregating fetishes into seprate games is fine to some extend, but it's always good if there's a certain variety. Even more so, given that SS doesn't really serve any fetish in particular. Many people will find small bits they really enjoy, but unless your fetish is "vanilla" there's nothing else that really stands out - even the incest (before Patreon stepped in) is pretty modest compared to actual incest games.

Edit: Just to add, I'm not saying that every imaginable fetish should be included - but at least when it comes to the obvious things, I don't see a reason why not.
I could go on repeating myself, but let's just agree to disagree. A game that tries to be for everyone will turn out to be for noone in the end, that's my opinion.

I don't care what DC originally planned the game to be, yes, I am selfish in that respect. The game is in most parts to my liking (there are parts I don't like and I do not want them to become more). Most things he changed during the past years were for the better. I want it to stay that way.

The least for him to do is making those things that are not main stream optional. But that will eat up resources as well, and it tends to make the story awkward in some respects. Some fetishes he introduced are already, unfortunately, not optional.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020

I agree that it's a game for everyone, because it's a mainstream game that includes the types of content that are universally liked. Now, you can throw a bone, so to speak, to all of the non-mainstream genres by having trans/futa content, monster girls, etc., but it will never be enough for people who love that content and wish that the whole game was like that, and it turns off the people who aren't into it. Cisgender Eve exists because some people really dislike trans content, for instance, and Daisy and Aqua are hidden. Any new kinks or fetishes DC adds at this point are likely to turn off as many people as they turn on, so they have to be made optional and gated off, and it's a lot of extra work to add a single scene to check off one more genre, which will only leave the people who like that content disappointed that there isn't more of it.

With unlimited resources, go nuts and add everything. Until then, focus on creating routes for the MANY girls who don't have them before adding new niche content that not everyone wants.

Reactions: srksrk 68

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018

..... stuff
You haven't been in the thread for long then
I have 2 questions:
>.> Just summon morado with his FAQ and answer yourself. No point repeating the same thing for the 4835738526436586th time in the last week

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I have 2 questions:
>.> Just summon morado with his FAQ and answer yourself. No point repeating the same thing for the 4835738526436586th time in the last week
See #9, #10, #11, #12 and #1 of my FAQ below, posted for the 43rd time in less than 4 months - which is easily found using the technique in #1. Based upon #14, you should be able to make a common sense estimate on when you might expect the next update.

I post this because Omnikuken summoned me from the depths... and for the free reactions from wolfpackjac3.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I could go on repeating myself, but let's just agree to disagree. A game that tries to be for everyone will turn out to be for noone in the end, that's my opinion.

I don't care what DC originally planned the game to be, yes, I am selfish in that respect. The game is in most parts to my liking (there are parts I don't like and I do not want them to become more). Most things he changed during the past years were for the better. I want it to stay that way.

The least for him to do is making those things that are not main stream optional. But that will eat up resources as well, and it tends to make the story awkward in some respects. Some fetishes he introduced are already, unfortunately, not optional.
I agree that it's a game for everyone, because it's a mainstream game that includes the types of content that are universally liked. Now, you can throw a bone, so to speak, to all of the non-mainstream genres by having trans/futa content, monster girls, etc., but it will never be enough for people who love that content and wish that the whole game was like that, and it turns off the people who aren't into it. Cisgender Eve exists because some people really dislike trans content, for instance, and Daisy and Aqua are hidden. Any new kinks or fetishes DC adds at this point are likely to turn off as many people as they turn on, so they have to be made optional and gated off, and it's a lot of extra work to add a single scene to check off one more genre, which will only leave the people who like that content disappointed that there isn't more of it.

With unlimited resources, go nuts and add everything. Until then, focus on creating routes for the MANY girls who don't have them before adding new niche content that not everyone wants.
I crave a game that is all things to all people, but even if he had unlimited resources that is impossible, the worst mistake he made IMO was using polls to decide who gets content, I believe he should have forged ahead as the muses dictated. Most of the players of these games are already over-entitled, it's a huge mistake to do anything that reinforces that attitude.

A Dev should work to create the fantasy that turns him/her on, compromising in an effort off trying to please everyone just dilutes anything special already there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 720NoScope

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
You'll never make everybody happy and I don't think it has ever been DC's goal in the first place (see Roz or boner Jesus, who combined probably triggered way more people than Eve ever will). I mean, it's not like he isn't aware that these things are for a minority, but that's especially why they should be added.
And honestly, that's just a question of where to start and where to stop. There are some who for example don't like Judith at all, because she's chubby. Should DC remove her?

Missing content to me seems to be bad argument in the case of SS, because that's basically the case for almost every character. The game offers simply a very broad range of characters, and comparatively little depth for each of them compared to even basic actual VNs.

As I've said before, SS has never been a game for people who just like "one single topic/type of character" and as such it doesn't cater to them. It's fine if they aren't fully satisfied and there are plenty of games out there, which they can play next to SS.

I mean, we are talking about the most popular adult game on Patreon. So saying that nobody would be happy seems to be a bit of a stretch?

Edit:
You haven't been in the thread for long then
Sure, everybody complains about everything all the time. But that still doesn't mean, that (m)any of them are actually legitimate complaints :D

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes