nineeleven

Oct 9, 2017
depending on how much the progress bar is going to get backwards it's going to be hilarious. DC defenders will have to do some overtime i guess.

but yeah a regressing progress bar is a good kick in the nuts as a present for all the pay pigs on the first year no update anniverary
LOL i remember when DC said like a little over a year ago hes going to be able to put out multiple updates around this time after the initial big wait after he released the dad story line with the russians, nothing has changed. I like this game but im glad i stopped giving him money, its laughable now.

noirsin7

May 19, 2020
Fakkkk this is not a tech update cause Dk said he rebuild entire game it a re make not a frieking patch ToT

noirsin7

May 19, 2020
Is this abandoned?
No basically Dark cookies didn't do what he said in the first place at first he said it's a really big tech update but i guessing he changed his mind last years or more because yesterday he said he rebuild entire game not just a big patch anymore

BrokePC

Feb 20, 2020
DC just posted an update on patreon about a creator milestone award they got.

"We're grateful for the amazing community, the love and continuous support from our fans."

Thought it was funny given how divisive this game is on this thread.

Reactions: Aibek

sogetthis

Dec 8, 2018
All this bullshit just to make the game widescreen. The moment I saw the tech update win in poll I knew it would take wayyy too long
It's not just widescreen.

DC just posted an update on patreon about a creator milestone award they got.

"We're grateful for the amazing community, the love and continuous support from our fans."

Thought it was funny given how divisive this game is on this thread.
Tens of thousands of backers vs. maybe a few dozen people complaining itt.

Reactions: Count Morado

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
It's not like it hasn't happened at least twice before (see #15 in my FAQ above). Also, it really isn't unusual in projects for that to happen - even actually having to go back and redo work already marked as complete. Thirdly, as Chaos_Alfa states - progress, in this case, isn't actually going backwards... it just will look like it, based upon the percentage because they are going to try to better define how much each of the remaining tasks contribute to completing the tech update - rather than all tasks having the same percentage, no matter what amount of work is involved. Finally, if you are a subscriber - you can stop at any time, if you haven't already. If you're not, like me, you are scammed out of nothing.

Now to wait and watch the further posts of others who will come in to whine/bitch/moan/complain that they won't be getting their rocks off for free anytime soon. Even though many posts in this thread have repeatedly reasoned they shouldn't expect anything earlier than Spring 2024 - if not much later.
I thought it was a pretty funny joke.

For someone who claims to not defend the game but just present facts you're pretty prone to giving unwarranted information dumps in defense of DC.
That is because nobody reads these threads, they go on the Kompas website, look at the progress-bar, see that it has gone backwards since the last time they checked and they come here to release their coomer rage.

I only came here because I happened to catch the status-update as it dropped and I wanted to see coomers be angry and the hamster-wheel of cope spin in the supporters brains.

This Ren'py game has received north of one million dollars since the tech-update was announced 2 years and 7 months ago, either this DarkCookie guy is an incompetent fool incapable of managing a development team, or he is pretending to be one in-order to keep the checks coming in - either way, fuck this game.
Can you blame them? The actual information is behind a paywall.

But yeah, fuck this game at this point. The milkers might be wrong but I can't imagine feeling the need to defend DC's integrity after all this.

thedoomerjo

Apr 25, 2017
this "award" looks weird af.. I mean, how it's related to patreon or DC himself?
I'm guessing the whole giant, multicoloured head thing is supposed to represent the big and colourful imagination of a succesful Patreon creator? I'd like to see what higher earning Creators got. Does it scale with earnings? Like, I'm picturing the no. 1 creator gets a head that's like 10 times the size and fills the entire room.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
this "award" looks weird af.. I mean, how it's related to patreon or DC himself?
I honestly think it kinda fits with what's Patreon is about. At least it's something very individual/handmade by someone who is partly funded through patreon and not something you'd mix up with any other milestone or "award" out there. While Youtube's play buttons are certainly more practical, this is kinda uniqe.

Edit:
To get on topic. Can anybody share the detailed tracker as it is now/was somewhat recently? I'd be quite interested to compare what's changed afterwards.

Reactions: Omniel
Apr 22, 2019
I'm guessing the whole giant, multicoloured head thing is supposed to represent the big and colourful imagination of a succesful Patreon creator? I'd like to see what higher earning Creators got. Does it scale with earnings? Like, I'm picturing the no. 1 creator gets a head that's like 10 times the size and fills the entire room.
That thing costs maybe around 500-600$ (the fuck I'd pay so much for that) and the package seems very cheap.
Here's the perfect award.
1698865683590.png

Cube78

May 10, 2020
The explanation about tasks having different weight matches with the idea I had about it.

While I approve the choice to make the tasks more homogeneous in duration (not a so big IQ was required to figure out that, but better late than never), I suppose that make the precentage drop is a failure in communication that will cause them some "problems" with their community. They should instead calculate the new percentage while leaving the old one unchanged, and only when the former is bigger than the later make it appear in the site.

Gok

Jun 9, 2017
I honestly think it kinda fits with what's Patreon is about. At least it's something very individual/handmade by someone who is partly funded through patreon and not something you'd mix up with any other milestone or "award" out there. While Youtube's play buttons are certainly more practical, this is kinda uniqe.
Apparently it's in the shape of patreon logo.. so yeah..

Reactions: j4yj4m

Username7

May 1, 2017
To get on topic. Can anybody share the detailed tracker as it is now/was somewhat recently? I'd be quite interested to compare what's changed afterwards.
Here I'm only doing what was left because one I don't see the point of stuff that's done even after it's split up and rebalanced it's still done. Two that's about another 20 screenshots I'd have to take and I don't feel like doing that.
Edit: I'll be interested to see what this does to posing, I've been trying to track that based off dev statements as seen here
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 359 Votes