Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
So many good causes to spend your money on and yet people willingly throw theirs at DC instead. Who are these people?
Who cares? It's their money who are you to tell them where they should spend their money? We all agree that this game has been managed very poorly but at the end of the day no one is forced to support him. Complaining here doesn't do shit. People have been spamming the thread with the same stuff for 2 years now and he is still making more money in a month than a lot of people make in an entire year. That will not change any time soon so just move on to another game.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Not sure if you're being serious... :unsure:
Honestly, yes. This isn't some kind of actual investment - not even something remotely close. On average it's (horney) guys giving some money for a limited amount of time and that's it. Yes, it's a lot, because many people give a little, but in reality there's really one simple rule on patreon. You like what a dev is doing? Give some money. You have the slightest doubt, get bored or don't care about the game enough to inform yourself? Stop giving money.

It's really that simple.

Devs are supposed to work on their project and everything else is really just a waste of time and mainly serves the purpose to attract additional patrons and to create additional revenue. As we've seen, if anything, it makes people give more money instead of less. Once DC started to release these status reports, his earnings started to grow again, even though there hasn't been an update or such and even though they were falling before.

If he had done so from the start, he'd probably have made a few 10k $ on top of what he's earned until now and he'd have wasted a few work days of time he could have worked on the game.

Last edited:

Gambit33

Apr 10, 2023
There are monthly status reports by now. What more would you like?
Look at the dev of Light of my life, Naughty Road. His updates take a long time as well. Last update was well over a year, and despite that, it's a much friendlier comment section.

Because the guy actually takes the time to treat you as a human being. It's why I donate to him. A bit of respect goes a very long way, unlike this dev, who could not give a shit, and actively lied to his customers.

armopbr

Sep 9, 2019
I agree that the way they have maneged the project is really bad, but the lack of communication argument is really dumb. The dude livestreams almost every day if you want to ask him questions about the game it's really easy to do so.
Streams for like 1-2 hours a day lol

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Hey fellow freeloaders, what's up?

Oh, it's a new year but the same ol' whiners...
Where can i find whats planned for the tech update? it's been so long.
In the thread. You've seen my posts MANY times in this thread. You are aware I have a FAQ that I've updated nearly 100 times. The last time was December 1 (though I updated it recently) - searching the thread for FAQ posted by me, would have gotten you there. You're either trolling (likely) or on the left side of the IQ curve (doubtful). But hey, while I'm here - see #10 below in the 97th posting:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
100k/month :KEK:
It's not 100k per month - it's around 60k per month for an 8-10 person development team. Yes, it's a lot of money... but you don't need to exaggerate or lie.
Look at the dev of Light of my life, Naughty Road. His updates take a long time as well. Last update was well over a year, and despite that, it's a much friendlier comment section.

Because the guy actually takes the time to treat you as a human being. It's why I donate to him. A bit of respect goes a very long way, unlike this dev, who could not give a shit, and actively lied to his customers.
Have you read any posts by NaughtyRoad to the entitled little shits that come into his thread? He'd fucking chew up the little sniveling assholes. The supporters of NaughtyRoad toss out the "bears" with "trebuchets" and "catapults" all the time. The comment section is "friendlier" - if you think so - because of the self-moderation of the people with more common sense tossing out whining children. I know that thread quite well.

Last edited:

vycela

Dec 1, 2020
If the Dev is watching this forum I just wanna ask can you add the scrollwheel to rollback? or maybe add a Dialogue History button?
or maybe someone with the knowledge to mod renpy games could add it

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
If the Dev is watching this forum
If they are, they aren't telling anyone and they aren't giving any indication in their work that they care about what is said in this thread. They haven't communicated on this site since 2021, posting only 10 times in this thread from 2018 to 2021.
maybe someone with the knowledge to mod renpy games could add it
Have you looked at the mods link in the OP just below the download links for the game...
1704273601864.png

Reactions: Snugglepuff

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
yeah I have all except the SPH mod, which from what I read it dont really add anything like rollback or history button
Naughty Tribute mod, from the List of Features spoiler:
1704276546553.png

Also, you could possibly use UnRen to force enable rollback:
1704276911059.png

But you should follow the warnings about using or enabling rollback in Summertime Saga. The code is already unstable and is lucky to work as it is (hence one of the major reasons why the tech update has been underway for 2 years, 9 months - 26mb of code/script that is tenuously held together is being recoded to be more stable, etc). Using rollback may fuck your gameplay even worse than not having it to begin with. YMMV, User Beware.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: owlking and vycela

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
if you are going to argue that Dark Cookie (who does all the writing and art) is not the one taking at least 95% of the profits while tossing crumbs to the rest of the "development team" aka nobodies like discord managers and sound guys (SS doesn't even have fucking sound lmao), you may be the most dishonest person on f95.
Since you want to continue to go off-topic - I moved my response the off-topic thread. See ya there.

Reactions: otranu and Yolag

Dreaz

Jun 27, 2017
This game is good and has a lot of good things in it and really like it. But the last year has been very disappointing with content and updates, I only see small updates about progress and wallpapers, but nothing comes out right to the players.

I was hoping for a big update for either Christmas or New Year but nothing happened.:(

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017

Isn't that the game where the chicks all look like goblins, which spawned the term gobbo for Daz games over on 4chan?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
even if what ever they have made so far buggy as hell at least give us soemthing to tie us over like come on,if they releasded even a fraction of the update ill take it.
They did that with 6 pre-updates from April 2021 to October 2022.
People complained about how little it was. People complained it was only making the tech update take even longer. People complained their favorite waifus weren't getting the pre-update content. People complained. Period.

See a trend?

Remember that the tech update that they are working on is not expected to have any new lewd content. So, even if they could/would do a partial tech update release - that means even more additional time to make sure the code only affects what they want it to affect and not something else not yet updated, more additional time to play test each partial release to see if it is working properly for any changes up to that date, means that some posed characters won't be posed properly (either against the new 16:9 display backgrounds or face on the heads or arms on the bodies or in comparison to other character(s) that might me in that scene). And you'd still have no new lewds - the current game you can download on this site and on the developer's website for free is the lewds you can expect in the next update. Might as well just play the current if you need lewds that much.
This game is good and has a lot of good things in it and really like it. But the last year has been very disappointing with content and updates, I only see small updates about progress and wallpapers, but nothing comes out right to the players.

I was hoping for a big update for either Christmas or New Year but nothing happened.:(
And won't happen for months, or longer. Even then - again - the next update is the tech update that they are working on and is not expected to have any new lewd content.
Isn't that the game where the chicks all look like goblins, which spawned the term gobbo for Daz games over on 4chan?
Gobbo came first, and got applied to them - but yes, that kind of comment in that game thread will get a commenter booted.

Also it's 2024. 4chan is so 2005.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Gobbo came first, and got applied to them - but yes, that kind of comment in that game thread will get a commenter booted.

Also it's 2024. 4chan is so 2005.
That's how you spot the anons in here, and I assure you some of the /aco/ dudes are very much members of this board despite shitting on it 24/7, too.

• Haha
Reactions: Count Morado
4.10 star(s) 354 Votes