Viressa

May 24, 2018
I know it's an old post, but I feel like it deserves a more complete answer.

If you don't want the gory details, or you don't want reality to kill your fantasy, move on to the next post, but this will be educational if you choose to read it.

My congratulations to anyone who chose to read that. It may not have been fun to read, but now you understand trans people and their challenges a little better.
The trouble with making these sorts of definitive statements about SRS is that surgical techniques are getting better all the time and what was true of the techniques of 30 years ago is no longer true of the techniques of today. Many trans women getting modern SRS are able to achieve orgasm and report that it feels completely different (and much better) than the orgasms they could achieve with their penis before, but it is true that some are not able to achieve orgasm anymore. But it's also true that some trans women lose the ability to orgasm with HRT alone. It's just one of the risks of medical transition in general. (I don't really know as much about the male side of SRS, but I do know that penis transplants will probably be a regular thing within 10 years. The science is advancing rapidly on that front, moreso than attempts to give trans women womb transplants.)

This is just anecdotal evidence but of the trans women that I know, most of them aren't pursuing SRS, but the reasons the majority give are because of cost, or because the waiting list is 10+ years long. There are a few who are comfortable with their penises and don't want to get rid of them. I don't know any who don't want it because they're afraid they won't be able to achieve orgasm anymore. If a sugar daddy offered to pay for their bottom surgery many would jump at the chance. And we have literally nothing to spend all this money we got at the end of the main quest on.

(Besides, this is a magical fantasy land where pregnancy only lasts like 3 weeks and the babies are sent off to a free daycare where you don't have to worry about actually taking care of or even having to pay for them. Ignoring the messy realities of medical transition to present a more attractive fantasy is completely reasonable in this context.)

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
As expected Veronica will be the next girl to join Diane's barn in some future update.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I never found her attractive even in the slightest and DC's way of drawing pubes still looks like coal smears lmao. But hey, maybe we get some Diane content? :HideThePain:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
But hey, maybe we get some Diane content? :HideThePain:
Given that Daisy and Veronica seem to get a scene each, it seems possible to me that Diane may get her house back, too, but I wouldn't really call that actual new "content" in her case.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
The trouble with making these sorts of definitive statements about SRS is that surgical techniques are getting better all the time and what was true of the techniques of 30 years ago is no longer true of the techniques of today. Many trans women getting modern SRS are able to achieve orgasm and report that it feels completely different (and much better) than the orgasms they could achieve with their penis before, but it is true that some are not able to achieve orgasm anymore. But it's also true that some trans women lose the ability to orgasm with HRT alone. It's just one of the risks of medical transition in general. (I don't really know as much about the male side of SRS, but I do know that penis transplants will probably be a regular thing within 10 years. The science is advancing rapidly on that front, moreso than attempts to give trans women womb transplants.)

This is just anecdotal evidence but of the trans women that I know, most of them aren't pursuing SRS, but the reasons the majority give are because of cost, or because the waiting list is 10+ years long. There are a few who are comfortable with their penises and don't want to get rid of them. I don't know any who don't want it because they're afraid they won't be able to achieve orgasm anymore. If a sugar daddy offered to pay for their bottom surgery many would jump at the chance. And we have literally nothing to spend all this money we got at the end of the main quest on.

(Besides, this is a magical fantasy land where pregnancy only lasts like 3 weeks and the babies are sent off to a free daycare where you don't have to worry about actually taking care of or even having to pay for them. Ignoring the messy realities of medical transition to present a more attractive fantasy is completely reasonable in this context.)
Anyway, as you say, it wouldn't make sense for Eve to get bottom surgery in the game. You had said that you were asking a serious question, so I felt that you deserved a serious answer. I didn't realize that you knew this much about the subject already.

Cheers!

Reactions: Viressa

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
From "who's the better milker : DC or ICstor ?" empty debate to "should a fake girl in a pron game have to pay to get a bolt-on dick ?" empty debate, truely this place is the best on F95

• Haha
Reactions: hooter

xgtxx

Jun 27, 2020
I decided to make a few signatures but got carried away as one turned into two... two turned into four...and so on. but anyway here they are if anyone wants to use them. 425h x 125w should be a good size for two.

I need to stop going on autopilot when I work...

Last edited:

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
There are 2 main objectives:
One which is about finding out what happened to MC's dad, which is called the main story and which is indeed finished.
One which is about dating girls and finding a prom date, which isn't.

The tech update is mainly about changing the game ratio from 4:3 to 16:9.
I think they're doing a lot more than just a 4:3 to 16:9 conversion. The backgrounds have been done for ages and even a full game re-pose shouldn't have taken this long, so I'm guessing they're also bringing everyone's art up to the newest style and re-doing a lot of legacy code. If we're lucky a good chunk of this might be in prep for the eventual dating system, which is going to have to be woven into the middle of a dozen different storylines and would otherwise break God-knows-what in the process.

sogetthis

Dec 8, 2018
I think they're doing a lot more than just a 4:3 to 16:9 conversion. The backgrounds have been done for ages and even a full game re-pose shouldn't have taken this long, so I'm guessing they're also bringing everyone's art up to the newest style and re-doing a lot of legacy code. If we're lucky a good chunk of this might be in prep for the eventual dating system, which is going to have to be woven into the middle of a dozen different storylines and would otherwise break God-knows-what in the process.
Optimist detected :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: srksrk 68

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I think they're doing a lot more than just a 4:3 to 16:9 conversion. The backgrounds have been done for ages and even a full game re-pose shouldn't have taken this long, so I'm guessing they're also bringing everyone's art up to the newest style and re-doing a lot of legacy code.
As much as I would like it to be true, the posing does indeed seem to be an issue, which is why they hired more people some time ago. Of course we'll see many improvements to the code etc. but I doubt we'll get as much new art besides what they promised, apart from maybe a little bit extra here and there. I mean, I don't really see a reason why DC would keep the rework of legacy art a secret.

My hope would be that Sploosh/DC already got at least a bit of Ronda content done, so she'll get her update a bit faster...

Last edited:
Reactions: srksrk 68

ashaik

Sep 16, 2020
As much as I would like it to be true, the posing does indeed seem to be an issue, which is why they hired more people some time ago. Of course we'll see many improvements to the code etc. but I doubt we'll get as much new art besides what they promised, apart from maybe a little bit extra here and there. I mean, I don't really see a reason why DC would keep the rework of legacy art a secret.

My hope would be that Sploosh/DC already got at least a bit of Ronda content done, so she'll get her update a bit faster...
yea they already started drawing rhonda's locations and extra characters on his stream

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
He hasn't really kept it a secret, though? He's been reworking characters for ages on streams and he probably had enough of them on the rig system already that it wouldn't take much extra effort to do a full conversion for their basic poses. The sex scenes and animations aren't going to be updated, sure, but if you're re-posing the entirety of someone like Tammy or Erik it doesn't make sense to reuse old full character poses when the rig models are sitting right there, take up less space, and you're gonna have to do it eventually anyways.

Heck, it's probably why the posing is taking so damned long. Old poses could easily be offset by X pixels to fit the widescreen frame, but brand-new rigged ones would all need to be done manually. I can't think of any other reason why it would be such a major issue otherwise.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
He hasn't really kept it a secret, though? He's been reworking characters for ages on streams and he probably had enough of them on the rig system already that it wouldn't take much extra effort to do a full conversion for their basic poses.
Sure, but drawing these basic poses for characters (including characters holding items, etc.) is usually his "bread-and-butter" stream content and given that we haven't seen any of that in these last months, I just kinda doubt it's going to happen.

The sex scenes and animations aren't going to be updated, sure, but if you're re-posing the entirety of someone like Tammy or Erik it doesn't make sense to reuse old full character poses when the rig models are sitting right there, take up less space, and you're gonna have to do it eventually anyways.
In this case they'll simply have to choose between two evils. The old content of Debbie, Erik, Mia, etc. is supposed to be changed (significantly) in the future anyway, so they'll have to touch it again once the updates are due. What ever they do now will be temporary until all of the reworks are done. Given what I've seen in the past I'm not sure they'd want to make the effort now, just to redo large parts of it once these characters win their polls.

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
He hasn't really kept it a secret, though? He's been reworking characters for ages on streams and he probably had enough of them on the rig system already that it wouldn't take much extra effort to do a full conversion for their basic poses. The sex scenes and animations aren't going to be updated, sure, but if you're re-posing the entirety of someone like Tammy or Erik it doesn't make sense to reuse old full character poses when the rig models are sitting right there, take up less space, and you're gonna have to do it eventually anyways.

Heck, it's probably why the posing is taking so damned long. Old poses could easily be offset by X pixels to fit the widescreen frame, but brand-new rigged ones would all need to be done manually. I can't think of any other reason why it would be such a major issue otherwise.
Have you ever coded a Ren'Py game? It's not only having the art in place. Layered images make things easier once in place, but the emphasis lies heavily on "once in place" here.

Reactions: Chrostiph
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes