j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, that's probably what most people wish would happen to DC/Sploosh once they read Eve's dialog. :LOL:

Just to add, it's actually a pretty decent update, given that the last 7 scenes were released ~1 month ago. Combined that's almost one normal year worth of scenes.

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Surprised no1 came out with "wasn't 0.20.15 supposed to be the last pre-tech, DC is a filthy liar" dead trope yet ..... Or the infamous "can Debbie get preg yet ?". Dudes be slacking

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
so I wanted to try this game but didnt work. running SummertimeSaga.exe will show the splash pic and after a sec or two it disappears.
I found a solution, go to \lib\windows-i686\ and run SummertimeSaga.exe from there.
it takes bit before it start.
You're on a 32-bit OS?

Reactions: Count Morado

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
64bit
also I wrote that I could start the game, but needed to go to lib\...
the same .exe u are also running but called from the main .exe
so the problem is that the main .exe is not running the lib\... correctly
not sure why. since I have many other ren'py games and they are all working properly.
only this one behave like this.
and I tried re-installing of course and even re-downloading

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
64bit
also I wrote that I could start the game, but needed to go to lib\...
the same .exe u are also running but called from the main .exe
so the problem is that the main .exe is not running the lib\... correctly
not sure why. since I have many other ren'py games and they are all working properly.
only this one behave like this.
and I tried re-installing of course
Windows 7, then? Windows 10 and newer usually don't have this issue. We've seen others with similar problems before.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
WOW we actually got a little for halloween.
Heres hoping we get that tech update in christmas day :LOL:

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
yeah. but I have 2 computers. both windows 7. and the other one works.
so something is not working properly, maybe the starting scripts? not sure. but the programmer should check.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
yeah. but I have 2 computers. both windows 7. and the other one works.
so something is not working properly, maybe the starting scripts? not sure. but the programmer should check.
If you got 2 PCs and only 1 is crapping out and you're also the only dude in recent pages (aka months) to come with that, there's 99%+ chance it's your PC, whatever the reason is. Game works fine for every1 else, including your other rig ......

Reactions: Count Morado

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
so if I get someone reporting a bug, I should just say. f*ck off. I dont care.
its that how it should be?

AGAIN. I wrote all other games works. only this one. was that hard to understand?

Reactions: StreamSteam

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
so if I get someone reporting a bug, I should just say. f*ck off. I dont care.
its that how it should be?

AGAIN. I wrote all other games works. only this one. was that hard to understand?
Did you say that you tried this on both rigs and it worked on one?
both windows 7. and the other one works.
Also, Windows 7 is beyond its end service date by almost three years. Any problems reported by Windows 7 users should be anticipated and, yes, ignored. If they occur on Windows 8 and newer OSs, they should be reported and looked into. And, even then, Window 8 end service date is in January 2023 and any problems reported on them should be ignored after that time.

Is that being rude? Perhaps, but you can't expect developers to worry about bugs on systems that are termed out.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
u know what. just ignore my post will u. I just hate people like u that believe u know it all and think u are above everyone else.
I reported something and u needed to stomp on me. for what reason? because u believe u are better?
because you are the master and we should all follow your guidance? who made u master?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Did you say that you tried this on both rigs and it worked on one?

Also, Windows 7 is beyond its end service date by almost three years. Any problems reported by Windows 7 users should be anticipated and, yes, ignored. If they occur on Windows 8 and newer OSs, they should be reported and looked into. And, even then, Window 8 end service date is in January 2023 and any problems reported on them should be ignored after that time.

Is that being rude? Perhaps, but you can't expect developers to worry about bugs on systems that are termed out.
Great, now you got him mad. Big meanie

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
so I wanted to try this game but didnt work. running SummertimeSaga.exe will show the splash pic and after a sec or two it disappears.
I found a solution, go to \lib\windows-i686\ and run SummertimeSaga.exe from there.
it takes bit before it start.

I figured that out a long time ago. Now I see you are a modder? if you ever figure out why that happens please post that here.

LOL should have finished reading the thread you know what never mind don't post it here but you should still report it in the discord of the Dev , even though some of my esteemed colleagues do not understand that many people can't upgrade for insert reasons there are a shit ton of people still running older OS's.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
I think the problem is that somewhere in the scripts theres a "path" problem.
so, if u use command prompt (cmd) and:

cd lib\windows-i686\
..\..\SummertimeSaga.exe

the game will start.
so, if the currentpath is inside the lib the exe works.
but if u start the exe in its main folder, it will not.

could be that I use "japanese" locale. that will make \ to show as ¥
in the same way some japanese games dont work in western locale.
but could be something else. I dont have energy to look into it.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I figured that out a long time ago. Now I see you are a modder? if you ever figure out why that happens please post that here.

LOL should have finished reading the thread you know what never mind don't post it here but you should still report it in the discord of the Dev , even though some of my esteemed colleagues do not understand that many people can't upgrade for insert reasons there are a shit ton of people still running older OS's.
Are you saying that Dark Cookie should make sure that Summertime Saga can run on a Windows XP machine? On a Windows Me? On Windows 95? Windows 3.1? Because some people haven't/cannot upgrade for reasons. That would be ridiculous and a waste of time when there is more applicable work to be done. The same can be said for Windows 7 as well as 32-bit machines.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Are you saying that Dark Cookie should make sure that Summertime Saga can run on a Windows XP machine? On a Windows Me? On Windows 95? Windows 3.1? Because some people haven't/cannot upgrade for reasons. That would be ridiculous and a waste of time when there is more applicable work to be done. The same can be said for Windows 7 as well as 32-bit machines.

No I am not saying that but having a solution known for those who for whatever reason can't get the game to start is not a bad thing right? Besides I have played many Renpy games with out any issues this was the only one where the loader failed. Now I had found the work around last year so I don't need a fix but if someone figured it out and it was easy to fix, then why shouldn't the Dev embrace that?

I was not asking the Dev to do anything and if a person had found out why and reported it to them but they decided not to act on it that would be there choice. If it were me I would want my game to play on as many platforms as possible as long as it was not going to require a inordinate amount of work to fix. Being that in my scenario the fix was provided by a third party I would at least consider it.

However the person who recently pointed out the problem being a modder might have had a chance of figuring it out, I on the other hand am not LEET in any way and have no chance of figuring it out ;)

So I thought it was worth a shot , but alas he has refused to show off his skilz so there we or I am. :LUL:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi Guys,

the adventurous types among you might want to try out version 0.20.16-0.01 Alpha of the !

I checked the new version starts fine, I loaded an existing older save successfully, and triggered Kim's two new scenes. Cookie jar for those is working as well. However, this is just a smoke test, really! Only meant to check if all existing cookie jar scenes are running OK. Do only use this for normal gameplay if you don't intend to keep your save.

Feel free to try it out, but be aware that it might give errors -- especially in those scenes they mentioned have been changed/fixed.

Enjoy!

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes