itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
To be fair, there are usually a few thousand votes, which is certainly enough to be somewhat representative. Yes, it could be more, but it's not like we are talking about a few dozend extremists or so.
Ultimately the question probably boils down to whether one believes that DC is going to finish the game or not. If he's going to add everything at some point, it doesn't really matter that much, when it's going to happen.
I've actually said the same before, as long as DC finishes the game it doesn't matter who gets voted for, they'll get their content, just in a different order, but I was also talking about the pre-tech updates which is different. And a few thousand out of the tens of thousands of Patrons, not counting fans who don't donate, isn't representative. Some people also have more votes depending on their donation tier.

Well, ultimately the main cast does have the biggest share of content? Sure, the last years focussed on a ton of other characters, but none of them comes close to having the amount of content as for example, Roxxy, Debbie, Jenny or Eve. Some complained how many scenes Odette got in recent times, yet she's still quite a bit behind those I mentioned.

When it comes to the characters, Sploosh released a tier list some time ago, so we kinda know what's going on in their minds:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Looking at that list and the number of scenes we've got, I'd say that primary characters will get 10+ scenes, the secondary ones something between 4 - 8 and the teritiary ones 1-4 or so.

Edit: Just to add, the huge number of secondary and tertiary characters, at least in my view, makes the game feel quite a bit more alive. In most other games you've got your cast and no much else. In SS on the other hand there are all of these "normal" characters around (teachers, shop keepers, nurses, nuns, police officers, cleaning ladies, etc.) who are available as well. As it it really feels like MC is actually, really fucking a whole town and not just "his girls"
Sure, the main cast has the majority but in my opinion I'd have the main cast have some more content instead of being able to fuck every single girl in the game. For example, Diane's route has a huge pregnancy theme but the game never elaborates on it, I'd rather have time and resources put into giving these characters an in-depth route than having two scenes with a generic character. It would've been fine if there weren't so many side girls but jesus fucking christ there's so many fuckable characters to account for that it starts to feel as if the game won't ever be finished.

That discord screenshot you showed does give me some hope though, it looks like those girls will have some dating content and perhaps some lewd content on top of that too. I just hope there will be some more pregnancy content added other than one scene, especially for characters that have a pregnancy theme. Or other characters that hint at possible situations.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I've actually said the same before, as long as DC finishes the game it doesn't matter who gets voted for, they'll get their content, just in a different order, but I was also talking about the pre-tech updates which is different. And a few thousand out of the tens of thousands of Patrons, not counting fans who don't donate, isn't representative. Some people also have more votes depending on their donation tier.

Sure, the main cast has the majority but in my opinion I'd have the main cast have some more content instead of being able to fuck every single girl in the game. For example, Diane's route has a huge pregnancy theme but the game never elaborates on it, I'd rather have time and resources put into giving these characters an in-depth route than having two scenes with a generic character. It would've been fine if there weren't so many side girls but jesus fucking christ there's so many fuckable characters to account for that it starts to feel as if the game won't ever be finished.

That discord screenshot you showed does give me some hope though, it looks like those girls will have some dating content and perhaps some lewd content on top of that too. I just hope there will be some more pregnancy content added other than one scene, especially for characters that have a pregnancy theme. Or other characters that hint at possible situations.
So you mean every election ever is a scam, since not every1 voted and people get elected with a few votes out of millions of voters

• Haha
Reactions: Count Morado

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018

When it comes to the characters, Sploosh released a tier list some time ago, so we kinda know what's going on in their minds:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I can't get over him listing my beloved Consuela as a secondary character... She's the star of my play through :p (along with Maria and Josie), With Mrs Smith being top of my wish list to join their ranks.
I'd ditch almost the entire Primary list (with the possible exception of Eve), if it meant getting more content for them.

Deb, Jen & Diane could have been great if there had been more Taboo Angst. Mia & Roxxxy were ruined IMO by not having mother/daughter scenes (Am I alone in thinking their moms are more desirable than their daughters?)

&
How can Annie, Rhonda & Judith be listed as Primary characters when they still don't have any real content, considering all those stating the game is technically finished.

I know plans change, shit gets cut, but fingers crossed the game continues to grow and all that potential eventually gets fulfilled.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
@itsyeboii:
Yeah, I'd strongly agree on that pregnancy point. It would have been much better to just have pregnancies for 1 or 2 characters to elaborate them properly instead of everyone. But that option has passed ages ago, sadly. Now it'll depend on DC's time and mood how much pregnancy content Diane will get. On the upside, there are plans to release another, albeit smaller, update for her, so we may get a little bit more.

How can Annie, Rhonda & Judith be listed as Primary characters when they still don't have any real content, considering all those stating the game is technically finished.
Well, it has always been the plan to have the 6 school girls as main girls (next to Debbie, Jenny [and Diane as strongest secondary character]) who will get an equal amount of content. And of course the game is far from being done.
Sure, the main story part about finding out what happened to MC's dad is done, but there's still the way bigger dating/prom part left.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Well, it has always been the plan to have the 6 school girls as main girls (next to Debbie, Jenny [and Diane as strongest secondary character]) who will get an equal amount of content. And of course the game is far from being done.
Sure, the main story part about finding out what happened to MC's dad is done, but there's still the way bigger dating/prom part left.
Meh!... My main goal has always been to fuck the principle, preferably over her desk with the PA system turned on so the whole school can hear :p
Until that happens there will never be a satisfactory end IMO.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
So you mean every election ever is a scam, since not every1 voted and people get elected with a few votes out of millions of voters
Comparing a majority of people with a singular right vote to a paying minority, some of whom have multiple votes, is a far reach.

Even if some people choose to not vote, which is a vote in and of itself, an election still represents what the majority of people voted for, at least in my country. But sure, there's a lot of ways elections devalues the votes of the people. Not sure what your point here is.

I'm also not saying there's anything wrong with the polls not being representative since DC never claimed them to be. I do care how they steer the order of updates though, especially with the pre-techs.

Reactions: FlyingPony

401Grem

May 14, 2017
Comparing a majority of people with a singular right vote to a paying minority, some of whom have multiple votes, is a far reach.

Even if some people choose to not vote, which is a vote in and of itself, an election still represents what the majority of people voted for, at least in my country. But sure, there's a lot of ways elections devalues the votes of the people. Not sure what your point here is.

I'm also not saying there's anything wrong with the polls not being representative since DC never claimed them to be. I do care how they steer the order of updates though, especially with the pre-techs.
Just remember, that an opposing vote cancels your vote, and most elections are decided by an extreme minority, that have no opposing vote canceling it, which could be as few as 1.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Just remember, that an opposing vote cancels your vote, and most elections are decided by an extreme minority, that have no opposing vote canceling it, which could be as few as 1.
I know, my point is about the access to votes and not how democracy works. You can't compare a system where everyone has a vote to do with as they please, to a poll only few people have access to and some of whom have multiple votes.

More power to DC and the voters, it doesn't matter much tbh, but it's not an accurate representation of what the majority wants, only what those few select people want. It's not really a statistic you can build any argument on.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
but it's not an accurate representation of what the majority wants, only what those few select people want. It's not really a statistic you can build any argument on.
Yes, it is a statistic you can build an argument on. I don't know what business background you have or where you are founding your beliefs on, but they do not exist in the real world.

DC's livelihood, and that of his staff, are dependent on the contributions of patreons. Therefore, in order to maintain, or increase, that aspect - it is in the best interest of the development team to address those options provided that are most supported by those who contribute to that livelihood. It does DC no good to get input from those who do not subscribe which may, or may not, influence the outcome of those polls. If voters who are not subscribed overrule those who do subscribe and DC follows it, it can cause 'buyers remorse" as well as increase the sense of futility in donating (i.e. "why should I contribute if people who don't can overrule the wants of those do contribute"). And should enough of that feeling pervade the subscribers, DC could see the number of patrons decrease and therefore his livelihood - and those of his staff - become less secure.

Before you say "well, if people who aren't subscribed were able to vote and their desires prevailed, DC could look at a potential of increased income from new subscribers" - while this is a good hypothesis, there isn't much validity. It goes to the old "bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." And again, you're putting your nut over the food on the table of the development team. If you want to influence the content based upon the options made available in polls, subscribe to vote.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Yes, it is a statistic you can build an argument on. I don't know what business background you have or where you are founding your beliefs on, but they do not exist in the real world.

DC's livelihood, and that of his staff, are dependent on the contributions of patreons. Therefore, in order to maintain, or increase, that aspect - it is in the best interest of the development team to address those options provided that are most supported by those who contribute to that livelihood. It does DC no good to get input from those who do not subscribe which may, or may not, influence the outcome of those polls. If voters who are not subscribed overrule those who do subscribe and DC follows it, it can cause 'buyers remorse" as well as increase the sense of futility in donating (i.e. "why should I contribute if people who don't can overrule the wants of those do contribute"). And should enough of that feeling pervade the subscribers, DC could see the number of patrons decrease and therefore his livelihood - and those of his staff - become less secure.

Before you say "well, if people who aren't subscribed were able to vote and their desires prevailed, DC could look at a potential of increased income from new subscribers" - while this is a good hypothesis, there isn't much validity. It goes to the old "bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." And again, you're putting your nut over the food on the table of the development team. If you want to influence the content based upon the options made available in polls, subscribe to vote.
I've said multiple times that there's nothing wrong with DC giving votes out to Patrons who pay, for the exact reason you just gave. I think in the past I've argued that votes could be free and that DC could benefit from it, but I was wrong because it's probably a less viable system and there's also voter fraud to worry about with bots, although I still think votes can be handed out to lower tier Patrons and give higher tier Patrons an extra vote, but that's really a small thought in the back of my head, it really doesn't matter. DC has all the right to incentivize people to become Patrons.

My notion that it's not a representative of what the majority of fans want came from people calling it public demand some time ago and now I used it again in my discussion with j4yj4m saying I'd prefer DC taking the reigns and potentially having a more organic development cycle, rather than having disjointed updates determined by a minority of Patrons, although that's based on absolutely nothing and is more wishful thinking. We were just making conversation at that point.

Then your friend Omnikuken compared apples to oranges and we talked about democracy for a bit. And now you come in guns blazing talking about DC's business incentive, which is a completely different avenue. I'll grant you that "It's not really a statistic you can build any argument on." is a pretty bad way of wording it but in the context of the conversation it kind of makes sense.

And I would never put my nut over the devs food that's disgusting, unless they like that, then they can call me.

FlyingPony

Oct 29, 2017
I'd prefer DC taking the reigns and potentially having a more organic development cycle, rather than having disjointed updates determined by a minority of Patrons
Initially when Dev said voting, I thought "here is my plan for a future update but I have time to add a couple of scenes for the most voted char". But at this point it is what it is.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Initially when Dev said voting, I thought "here is my plan for a future update but I have time to add a couple of scenes for the most voted char". But at this point it is what it is.
Nah, Patrons get to vote which character's update is next through polls, granted they pay enough to get a vote(s). It doesn't matter much tho, assuming DC will finish the game and development being pretty much the same as if he would develop the game in his own order/pace.

FlyingPony

Oct 29, 2017
Nah, Patrons get to vote which character's update is next through polls, granted they pay enough to get a vote(s). It doesn't matter much tho, assuming DC will finish the game and development being pretty much the same as if he would develop the game in his own order/pace.
I meant initially, way back when.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I meant initially, way back when.
I don't think it was ever hinted at something like you said. Even the 1st time he polled for something, it was always "you dudes vote who you want made, I'll do what I want with it afterwards". Ish

FlyingPony

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think it was ever hinted at something like you said. Even the 1st time he polled for something, it was always "you dudes vote who you want made, I'll do what I want with it afterwards". Ish
You said the same thing I did. Ish

here is my plan for a future update ≈ I'll do what I want
you dudes vote who you want made ≈ I'll add a couple of scenes for your char.

Noneknows

Nov 11, 2021
do i need to do something or it's already with ( Patches: - v0.20.12* ) content? it says ( Version: 0.20.16 Pre-tech ) after all..

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
do i need to do something or it's already with ( Patches: - v0.20.12* ) content? it says ( Version: 0.20.16 Pre-tech ) after all..
See #3 in the 67th posting of my FAQ near the bottom of the previous page: #68,235 I also recommend #1.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes