*inhales*Boi

May 8, 2018
it sounds like darkcookie is looking for an alternative to patreon, ive been trying to tell this to people for ages so i hope that somone as big as darkcookie jumping the patreon ship will inspire other developers to do the same

patreon has no right to dictate what their users can and cant do without their users going somwhere else

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
it sounds like darkcookie is looking for an alternative to patreon, ive been trying to tell this to people for ages so i hope that somone as big as darkcookie jumping the patreon ship will inspire other developers to do the same

patreon has no right to dictate what their users can and cant do without their users going somwhere else
It's not Patreon, it's PayPal. Other credit card companies refuse service for the same reason. The only workaround I can think of is using crypto-currencies, which would just open a whole other can of worms.

*inhales*Boi

May 8, 2018
It's not Patreon, it's PayPal. Other credit card companies refuse service for the same reason. The only workaround I can think of is using crypto-currencies, which would just open a whole other can of worms.
if you try to buy somthing with a credit card and its rejected because the credit company doesnt like what your buying they can be sued for refusing you your money. so im pretty sure thats just patreons excuse to avoid taking the blame

i used gofundme before and i got the money via the mail as a check so its not like patreon cant do the same thing

Reactions: Paprika

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
if you try to buy somthing with a credit card and its rejected because the credit company doesnt like what your buying they can be sued for refusing you your money. so im pretty sure thats just patreons excuse to avoid taking the blame

i used gofundme before and i got the money via the mail as a check so its not like patreon cant do the same thing
It has nothing to do with buying anything. Credit card companies can refuse service to people who are using their company as a way to sell illegal or questionable material. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's the way it is.

CsoiretgeFsM

Mar 21, 2018
any know when the Incest Patch will come for v0.17.1??
It's supposedly out, but it needs two parts or something
Anyone have Android save with incest mod? Cant seem to get mod to work or its user error
I know @DrFog has been recommending @teq 's 0.16.1 Incest Decensor Patch to everyone who's asked so far, but throughout the whole of last week that I've been banned from this thread's discussion, I've done nothing but extensively test said patch the same way I did for @bossapplesauce's previous patches 0.14 & 0.15 (teq's patch, is actually based on an untouched 0.16 Lewdpatcher Patch that bossapplesauce himself never got around to completely foolproof either since his disappearance) over on his original thread here:

And while most have said "it works". Sad to say, out of 10, it's more like 4 out of 10 times it works.
  • Multiple Aunt Diane references even from people that have no business calling Diane "Aunt Diane". 1 scene I remember, EVEN HERSELF.
  • Multiple Debbie references are still not fixed. Most characters that know or meet her don't refer to her as MC's mom, sometimes including MC. Instead they still refer to her as "Landlady". Specially if you start on her route as your very first new save, when you meet erik outside with his mom, Mrs. Johnson refers to MC & Debbie as landlady and "tenant".
  • Diane barely ever referred to her sister as "Sis" or anything of the like that may allude to them being related. (this is probably from teq's use of the original 0.16 "Lewdpatcher" patch.)
  • Jenny barely ever refers to Debbie as "Mom" or Diane as "Aunt Diane". Majority of her brother references still work but only most of the time. Some instances he still refers to him in ways that make her seem not related to MC at all.
  • Majority of the characters outside of MC's family like friends or classmates (specially Roxxy), still refer to MC, Debbie, & Jenny, as "Tenants" & "Landlady" respectively.
  • 0.16 patch causes a coding bug regarding the gym, the gay guy who's supposed to spot you, and a small minority of Erik's scenes. Specifically where you have to get him to do cafeteria duties, finding his Magic Cards, buying Cock Crown of Thorns, buying the Sea Dogs Saga game, his every interactive placement in school & at home and the times of days he's there.
  • In one of my extensive playtests, said coding bug caused a fatal error loop that kept warping me from reality where in I click to one place then end up completely elsewhere I shouldn't be. Like leaving Erik's house suddenly ends me up at empty school at night like some kind of nightmare before christmas. All the while dialogue from various future scenes kept playing out despite there being no character on screen. Some even while I was out in the town map view.
Once again, to reiterate:
  1. This is neither @teq's fault nor @bossapplesauce because like I said, bossapplesauce never actually got around to making his own 0.16 patch.
  2. The majority of faults listed above are actually caused by the severe overhaul in both the new 0.17,1's coding AND 0.17.1's rewritten dialogue & scenes for Aunt Diane's pregnancy storyline combined with the shitty 0.16 Lewdpatcher patch that's full of dialogue inconsitencies.
  3. The Incest Decensor Patch version teq actually used on his incest decensor patch was the original (and terribly unfoolproofed) 0.16 lewdpatcher patch and possibly combined with the one bossapplesauce finished from 0.15 originally.
  4. I merely contacted bossapplesauce at the release of 0.16 informing him of how bad the 0.16 Lewdpatcher Patch was. That got the ball rolling and he revisited his old 0.15 thread, a few of other very helpful fans of the 0.15 patch contributed to finding inconsistencies in the terrible 0.16 patch, he said he'd give it a look, we kept reporting our findings, turns out he was a little busy and never got to work on it then he disappeared and a complete 0.16 patch from bossapplesauce never came about... "yet".
  5. There is still a chance bossapplesauce might come back and help us out, some have said (including himself) that he may just be busy with the holidays. So let's hope he does because he seems to have a knack for this.
  6. I've already contacted teq as well and advised him to maybe join the conversation over on since he is our other best bet right now while bossapplesauce is MIA.
The only major thing I noticed is after you go to the hospital to check both MC's and Diane's fertility, the weight lifting mini-game no longer works. Kevin will be at the machine, but when you click to use it, the MC acts like Kevin is not there. So, for anyone who plays and wants full stength built up make sure you do so before going to clinic to check fertility.
This is actually from what I stated above in the glitches and code errors. If this has already happned to anyone else, All you have to do is visit the cafeteria during the afternoon and get a conversation from the closet gay dude who spots you at the gym to RE-TRIGGER his & Erik's scene progressions up until that part. After you get everything erik wants/needs and he subs for the cafeteria, you're all good to go and buff out on the gym again. (Which will seem annoying if you're already done all this from the start. Including buying everything Erik wants all over again.)

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
I know @DrFog has been recommending @teq 's 0.16.1 Incest Decensor Patch to everyone who's asked so far, but throughout the whole of last week that I've been banned from this thread's discussion, I've done nothing but extensively test said patch the same way I did for @bossapplesauce's previous patches 0.14 & 0.15 (teq's patch, is actually based on an untouched 0.16 Lewdpatcher Patch that bossapplesauce himself never got around to completely foolproof either since his disappearance) over on his original thread here:

And while most have said "it works". Sad to say, out of 10, it's more like 4 out of 10 times it works.
  • Multiple Aunt Diane references even from people that have no business calling Diane "Aunt Diane". 1 scene I remember, EVEN HERSELF.
  • Multiple Debbie references are still not fixed. Most characters that know or meet her don't refer to her as MC's mom, sometimes including MC. Instead they still refer to her as "Landlady". Specially if you start on her route as your very first new save, when you meet erik outside with his mom, Mrs. Johnson refers to MC & Debbie as landlady and "tenant".
  • Diane barely ever referred to her sister as "Sis" or anything of the like that may allude to them being related. (this is probably from teq's use of bossapplesauce's unfinished 0.16 patch)
  • Jenny barely ever refers to Debbie as "Mom" or Diane as "Aunt Diane". Majority of her brother references still work but only most of the time. Some instances he still refers to him in ways that make her seem not related to MC at all.
  • Majority of the characters outside of MC's family like friends or classmates (specially Roxxy), still refer to MC, Debbie, & Jenny, as "Tenants" & "Landlady" respectively.
  • 0.16 patch causes a coding bug regarding the gym, the gay guy who's supposed to spot you, and a small minority of Erik's scenes. Specifically where you have to get him to do cafeteria duties, finding his Magic Cards, buying Cock Crown of Thorns, buying the Sea Dogs Saga game, his every interactive placement in school & at home and the times of days he's there.
  • In one of my extensive playtests, said coding bug caused a fatal error loop that kept warping me from reality where in I click to one place then end up completely elsewhere I shouldn't be. Like leaving Erik's house suddenly ends me up at empty school at night like some kind of nightmare before christmas. All the while dialogue from various future scenes kept playing out despite there being no character on screen. Some even while I was out in the town map view.
Once again, to reiterate:
  1. This is neither @teq's fault nor @bossapplesauce because like I said, bossapplesauce never actually got around to making his own 0.16 patch.
  2. The majority of faults listed above are actually caused by the severe overhaul in both the new 0.17,1's coding AND 0.17.1's rewritten dialogue & scenes for Aunt Diane's pregnancy storyline.
  3. The Incest Decensor Patch version teq actually used on his incest decensor patch was the original (and terribly unfoolproofed) 0.16 lewdpatcher patch and possibly combined with the one bossapplesauce finished from 0.15 originally.
  4. I merely contacted bossapplesauce at the release of 0.16 informing him of how bad the 0.16 Lewdpatcher Patch was. That got the ball rolling and he revisited his old 0.15 thread, a few of other very helpful fans of the 0.15 patch contributed to finding inconsistencies in the terrible 0.16 patch, he said he'd give it a look, we kept reporting our findings, turns out he was a little busy and never got to work on it then he disappeared and a complete 0.16 patch from bossapplesauce never came about... "yet".
  5. There is still a chance bossapplesauce might come back and help us out, some have said (including himself) that he may just be busy with the holidays. So let's hope he does because he seems to have a knack for this.
  6. I've already contacted teq as well and advised him to maybe join the conversation over on since he is our other best bet right now while bossapplesauce is MIA.

This is actually from what I stated above in the glitches and code errors. If this has already happned to anyone else, All you have to do is visit the cafeteria during the afternoon and get a conversation from the closet gay dude who spots you at the gym to RE-TRIGGER his & Erik's scene progressions up until that part. After you get everything erik wants/needs and he subs for the cafeteria, you're all good to go and buff out on the gym again. (Which will seem annoying if you're already done all this from the start. Including buying everything Erik wants all over again.)
That was waaaaaaay TLDR for me seeing as how I don't even use incest mods for this game, but I'd just like to say that I haven't been recommending it, I've just been linking it. I think lewdpatcher finally got updated, so I stopped doing that. Nice to have an actual review for it though.

CsoiretgeFsM

Mar 21, 2018
That was waaaaaaay TLDR for me
I sincerely apologize for that. It's just the way I explain things. I have an ocd on being severely thorough. I'm also sorry if I mistook your linking for "recommendation".

But everything that's in my previous giant wall of text is important and actually explains all the bugs people have been having regarding 0.17.1 if they've been using the 0.16.1 lewdpatcher patch from before.

CsoiretgeFsM

Mar 21, 2018
I think lewdpatcher finally got updated
It still says 0.16.1 when I search for any new SS incest decensor patches. Where did you hear it got updated? Could you provide a link?

Lewdpatcher has links on his website
What website? lewdpatcher.com or is there a different one you're talking about? Also I didn't know lewdpatcher was a person, I thought it was just a site that indexes patches and stuff.

but nothing for Android yet
says here on , and I quote:

"For Android:
Install the game, run it once and close, save the incestpatch.rpa file to "/storage/emulated/0/summertimesaga", overwriting any previous patches"

I wouldn't bother with the Lewdpatcher 0.16.1 incest patch though. Like I said in my wall of text, that thing barely even worked for the original 0.16.1 version of the game it was made for.

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
It still says 0.16.1 when I search for any new SS incest decensor patches. Where did you hear it got updated? Could you provide a link?
I honestly don't even remember, I think I heard someone say that in this thread and I just took them for their word. Like I said, I don't actually use patches for this game, so I wouldn't know. Guess I'll keep linking teq's until we get a better alternative :whistle:

CsoiretgeFsM

Mar 21, 2018
Guess I'll keep linking teq's until we get a better alternative
At least warn people you're linking it to that it still has a lot of game breaking bugs and only works on about 43% of the dialogue at least...

Someone needs to sue the living crap out of paypal
Some rando shmuck suing a company that controls a sizable chunk of the worlds money and payment delivery system never works out in the shmucks favor.

Specially when said company has a veritable army of expensive lawyers at their beck and call. And you can be sure PayPal has that.

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
At least warn people you're linking it to that it still has a lot of game breaking bugs and only works on about 43% of the dialogue at least...
. It's better than nothing I suppose. This is pretty much why I don't even bother with incest patches for this game.

Some rando shmuck suing a company that controls a sizable chunk of the worlds money and payment delivery system never works out in the shmucks favor.

Specially when said company has a veritable army of expensive lawyers at their beck and call. And you can be sure PayPal has that.
Unless you're the guy who sued Redbull. Iirc someone got like $13 million because he didn't get wings. Although to be fair I think that was an out-of-court settlement because Redbull just didn't even want to deal with that nonsense.

Bruce_Wayne18

Mar 14, 2018
I haven't played that game, but I assume all he did was allow players to input their names into a dialog box. That's fine. DC already has that in SS. What I'm saying is that with the way the current incest content is played out in SS, a lot more would have to change dialog-wise apart from just their names. Allowing a "hidden" option of doing this would be very risky.
Then you don't really know and can't really understand what I'm trying to compare here.

I highly recommend you play A Town Uncovered. It's very similar to SS and it's a good game in its own right. If you liked SS then you'll like it, guaranteed. Plus you'll see that there is a way to keep incest in the game without breaching Patreon guidelines.

I think GeeSeki kind of makes a 'hidden incest route' in the game (because the incest patch 'enables family routes') and the only way to unlock it is to manually download the incest patch (which applies to all versions so whenever there is a new version you don't have to wait 2-3 weeks for a new patch) and at the beginning of the game it tells you it's your choice. At least that's what I understand even though I haven't played it in a while and I'm not an expert on this.

It's not just a name switch from Landlady to Mom. Its dialogue flows perfectly and smoothly. That's what I want to happen for SS.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes