VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Sunshine Love [Ch. 3 v1.01i Extras] [MrDots Games]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Prokopije

Dreadful.
    Bad story with not much sense, with a lot of "why on earth would they do that?" Blank and unlikeable MC and most of other characters as well.
    Forced sexual content. Big, big minus.
    Arts are not great either. Faces are somehow...weird and people looks like they're made of plastic. It is unpleasant.
    Deleted and ignored.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Raife

This is a very strong 0.0.1 entry, which deserves our support (I am a Patreon supporter and you should be, too) -- but it has certain imperfections that are worth noting.

1. The artwork, particularly the facial features, does not vary enough between characters. To some extent this makes sense when the characters are close family members -- but it's enough to break immersion, which is a problem. As others have noted, these features are also shared with characters in the Dev's earlier (very good) games, as well.
    2. There is not enough erotic tension. The Dev is good at setting up narrative conflicts -- he does in his earlier games, too -- but these need to be better melded with the sexual content. My hope is that he will get there eventually: the mother-daughter antagonism could be helpful to that end.
    3. The sex scenes have a 'mechanical' aspect. The animations and other depictions of sex are good, but they don't feel particularly visceral or passionate (another problem with the Dev's earlier games).
    4. The dialogue could be pared down. I like the Dev's writing and the story. But there's too much dialogue. If you lost half the text, the overall experience would improve for the player/reader.
    You should play this game and support the hard-working and thoughtful team behind hit. There are many, many things to like about _Sunshine Love_: for example, they know how to create a 'slow burn' story that has sex scenes early in the game. It involves simple narrative devices, but so many others get this badly wrong (as in _A Wife and Mother_, which otherwise has many strengths).

My hope is that the Dev treats these notes as constructive criticism, rather than an indication that I think this is a bad game. That's not true: it's a good piece of work that could be superb wtih some marginal tweaks.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

kshyk

Great game. A lot of content. I'm sure it's gonna be a hit of 2020.

+ Interesting story. Well-made, realistic characters with depth (kind of - at least in comparison to other games)

- There's a few 'logic errors' in the prologue.

- It's a shame MC is a boring asshole, just like in previous games (your typical hentai game style male hero)... I mean he is not that bad, I can tolerate him, but in the end, his [Mr Dots] every game protagonist have the same problem as Fallout 4 protagonist - too much of a 'forced personality'. I simply don't agree with MC's point of view - but at least he is not a teenage pervert (thank you Lord!)

- Take a look at all three [Mr Dots] games and thier female cast. Take a look at their faces and breasts. What do you see? Yes! All female models look very alike (like they were part of the same family or something). It's like playing same game all over again.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Mishalove

greatest quality I've ever seen so far.
    Just Ver0.1 is showing huge potential.
    Renders 5/5 greatest ever
    Anmiation 5/5 superlative quality
    Story 4/5 just beginning part , so cannot judge it but good start
    Characters 5/5 Each character's so attractive.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

GleenXstudio

Here my first impressions :

First I want to say that I played previous MrDots game and :
    - I liked Melody
    - I didn't really like DMD which I found very boring

Hopefully here, it is closer to Melody than it is to DMD, meaning an interesting and believable piece of life story. It is maybe, maybe, maybe even more interesting than Melody imo.
    The graphisms and renders have improved from his previous game.
    The animations have stepped up
    I like the girls much more than the DMD ones. And the girls seems to be kind of tricky, their personality are far from perfect dream girl, they are realistic and complicated.

To sum up a very good start with a solid first release, we can recognize the MrDots style but with some improvements, and the story ( at least to me) makes much more sense than the DMD one.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

arms99

It’s a great game by an experienced dev.

Pros:
    • Renders are top of the line (as good as it gets).
    • Animation is excellent
    • Excellent writing.
    • The girls are all stunning.
    • Plenty of romantic options, enough to suit any taste.
    • Quite a bit of lewd content including a couple of sex scenes, even though it’s only a first release.
    • The addition of a replay gallery
    Cons:
    • None whatsoever
    As far as first releases go, it doesn’t get any better than this in terms of amount of content, quality, lewdness and potential.

Some people have complained that the models look similar to his other games, which I agree. However, I don’t see that as a problem at all, the girls in those games are stunning. Obviously, the dev has a particular style and personally I like it.

I really look forward to seeing how this game evolves, although I wonder how this game will proceed pace wise. Keep up the good work dev (y)
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Cool'Thulhu

v0.0.1i
    Since this is just the beginning, I don't have enough info to write a proper review but from what i could gather:

After playing the game for a a little while, it got worse, the MC still a insufferable spineless bitch :(

- Bad Setup: A guy trying to have 'fun' and make up for his time lost studding (in his own words), while also putting his relationship an a "break"? not appealing, really... Also, they really had to lost contact for so long? Now he is in a relationship kinda, and the sister is also dating kinda, pretty unfavorable scenario for building a relationship, of course everything is gonna work out well for the MC at the end (still MrDots after all), but being a Knight in Shining Armor (in this case also reads Mr. Steal Yo Girl) while still supposedly having other girl (without any choice in that matter) is REALLY not my thing.
    - Incest: Pretty useless, the sister could easy be replaced by a "generic" childhood friend, cousin fits the same category, "being related" here is just an adicional flavor, not the main plate... And there just ONE half-sister? why a half sister? no mother? incest is pretty "useless" in this scenario.
    - Weak Personalities: The characters are just... TOO BASIC, nice, but basic... I know its pretty unfair to judge by just 1 chapter but that was the impression I've had, probably hopefully some deep will be added in the future).
    - Weak Personality (MC): Again, this could change... but the MC will have to grow some balls urgently, for example, he isn't slightly pissed at Ashley for prohibited the contact with the sister... He is so bland and basic that we can classify as Ph 14.

Overhaul: Disappointed
    But I liked, I know, kind of bipolar (like the some relationships in the game ), the game have a lot of room to grown, this is just MY initial opinion, and that's something I'm probably gonna change a couple of updates later.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

jabrown_9555

Easily 5 stars. Why?
    First of all this is the most content I have seen in a first update of any game on this site. You are already introduced to quite a few female potential LI’s and there is someone for everyone in the game.
    Some people in the reviews already, seem to expect everything to be roses and rainbows and for there to be no low and high points of the story. There is obviously a reason the MC sister acts the way she does sometimes and if you actually READ the dialogue you will understand fully why she seems to have mood swings.

The animations and renders have improved drastically compared to MrDots other two games so that’s encouraging.

So I have to respectfully disagree with some others and would fully recommend this game in its current state.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

oysterkeeper

After 0.03:

The game is making some odd choices. The level of pseudo-choices are off the walls. The choices in this game are: do you want plus points with someone, or negative? There's no incentive to doing things another way. There's no way yet to leave a dead end relationship with the most boring love interest I could imagine.

For such a well-regarded dev, this game just oozes laziness in all but the renders. Even the animations are quite lackluster. I've played so many games with just far more heart and effort poured into them with far less support. I'm not seeing any "going above and beyond" in Sunshine Love and it just kind of feels uninspired. Maybe one day I'll feel differently but this game is puzzling to me and not in a good way.

Best I could give is 2/5.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________

It's a decent start. The first version had a lot more content than expected but a lot of it was droll dialogue that didn't really serve a purpose.

The people close to the MC seem to have strange personalities. The gf seems like she is over the MC but at times she is acting like he is the love of her life. Same situation with the sis. They both act bipolar which gets tiresome quickly. I really dislike when games just have LI's that annoy me and the gf and sis certainly do just that. The MC also seems pretty passive and doesn't really stand up for himself. Seems like the sis will constantly be screwing him over and he will simply take it.

Vicky, the twins, and the cousin seem like they will be interesting and I would like to see more of them.

The version ends on a pretty cheap cliffhanger thrown in there just to add drama for no reason as well.

All in all, this game has potential but I can't help but feel disappointed. I expected more and it has me feeling cautious towards the future of this game. I would recommend waiting for more content before trying it.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Hyperserver

EDIT: At the time of this rewiew (Apr 5, 2020) i was NOT part of the dev team. As for today, i would not review any of our own games because of rules of F95)

First of all - Many people will say "Of course Hyperserver has to do a 5-star rating", but i try to explain exactly why i did.

For a first release, the amount of content is HUGE. The setup of the story is well done and leaves a lot of possibilities for further twists and unexpected turn-arounds.
    The girls are well done, and there is at least one girl for every taste.
    The Menu looks well developed.
    The animations are smooth and imho also approved compared to previous games of MrDots. The music matches the scene perfect, and you can spent a lot of time just watching the details of some scenes (like for example the view down the hill over the city). The story so far sounds plausible at all.
    Even it's a first release, MrDots managed perfectly to add nude scenes, even there are no relations built so far (except MC girlfriend of course).
    The balance between character introduction, scene setup and story progress is also fine.
    Overall a typical "MrDots-game" so far.
    Like to see how this will continue, and can't await the next update

EDIT:
    Why did i give 5 stars, even there are some Typos and at least one confirmed bug? Just because the devs are aware and some are already fixed. Also because compared to other games out there which have a rating close to 5 stars, this one feels even better and deserves at least the same amount
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Snappahead

Looking good! Nice quality models and animations. Enjoyed the build up for the characters and can see some interesting paths this could develop into. Keen to watch this one and see how it goes. As an ex-sailor, some of the intro dialogue was a bit awkward to go through though ;)