Ren'Py - SunSity [v2.45] [SunSity]

1. 3.00 star(s)

neithernor

0.70 review.
    I had high hopes and was disappointed.

there are a lot of characters they are interesting and sexy.

the gameplay has potential (very cool stats system, love vs "corruption")
    BUT it is VERY grindy and very little reward for it.

perhaps in the future it will get better but at current state all I can say is meh.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

libertypics

As of 0.70 there is just too much game and complexity for it's own sake, resulting in an experience that as others have pointed out is just pointless or mostly pointless grind over any real positive game play. There's some makings of a decent game in here and the render assets aren't bad it's all just buried under a cumbersome game and it's not really worth digging through.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

xymoir

It could be really good but at the moment it's still way too difficult and takes too much time to do anything. Also, your focus needs to be on so many things in the game that it just gets to be more of a chore than anything.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Lednacek

Gave it a poor rating. I dont mind the grind in games but this is too much. I dont even know how much content is in the game available because i have spent hours just grinding and never got anywhere .
  5. 2.00 star(s)

MagicMoelli0814

This game looks nice in the beginning! But the UI of the game is not good to use and too small sectioned! Sry dude! This game needs more improvement to be plegde worthy on patreon!

Graphics: 4/5
    UI : 1/5 (for the effort)
    Sound: 2/5
  6. 2.00 star(s)

hotmseb86

Too grindy. It takes forever to progress. I've stopped playing before achieving anything of interest. To improve stats, it takes forever, to get money it takes forever, to know girls it takes forever, while trying to survive by buying food, vitamins and all and putting them in the actual fridge not to rot.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Snee

Alot of grind... but very intressting.. the numbers need to be tweaked to combat the grind but none the less i'm looking forward to seeing where this goes... all the best to the dev of this wonderfull game
  8. 5.00 star(s)

vaoo

I'll give it a 5 and I'll tell you why.

I agree with Optimelle above. But his opinion is based on what is currently there - ver. 0.4 . You can't talk like that at such stage.
    The developer clearly invested INSANE amount of time into coding , balancing and stats. Which not only I adore but it makes the game STANDING OUT of all the other rubbish out there.
    Just because you don't like grinding doesn't mean the game is bad.
    I love grinding and all of this makes sense to me.

So far nothing is done bad, there is just room for improvement and that is what I intent to do- give my opinion for this game to be better of what it currently is.

1. The game doesn't have a story line. Dev, find a storyteller if you cant do it yourself. There are plenty of talented people here for hire.
    2. Events. Grinding is not that of a burden if events follow the story line. At this point is a simple click-fest.
    3. Animations. Characters are truly static. Again, if you cant do it yourself , hire an animator
    4. Lagging . This is clearly a codding problem which you can fix yourself, I'm sure. It takes too much time to start up a PC and begin working or just pating someone's head.
    5. Translation needs improvement too. Don't go into too much text and narrator lines though (we hate that).
    6. Except for the craziness in earning money (which I personally like as it makes the game very similar to the real world) make the game more difficult in other ways. Interaction with the NPC-s for example. Quests system and failing them....stuff like that.

Conclusion: Guys, don't tackle the game development at this stage with your toxic comments. We clearly see here a talented developer , who is not lazy, cares about the game and turns his idea into reality.
    Exactly these are the people who need our encouragement and support !
  9. 2.00 star(s)

Optimelle

So if you came here for quick fap run away, this game is not for you. The game has an insane number of stats for MC and NPCs. It will be very grindy to get to some decent stats and to get more than 1-2 girls. This is not necessarily a bad thing, as it brings some realism to the game and some people actually like that, they like to invest time in a character or two and see the subtle changes and then get to the rewarding finale. Unfortunately, this is pretty much where anything positive about this game ends.

NPCs:
    They are all clones. It's obvious even if you look at the banner: the exact same pose for 4 characters. Different clothing different scale and 2 characters are mirrored. This yells only one thing: lazy or time constricted dev. No matter which one it is it will snowball into other things like the rewarding sex when you finally corrupted your chosen one. It's ok, decent, seen worse, but now you want more. You will grind away at someone else and you will discover that... it's EXACTLY the same.
    NPCs are all blank slates: like clones that were pulled out of the vats. They all start with the same stats and the only difference is that some like some gifts and some like others. The same goes for fetishes and sex preferences but this will not affect what you can and cannot do with the NPCs. There is nothing to tell that you are corrupting a pure innocent barely legal momma's daughter or a MILF. There is nothing to challenge you like a personality for each character that will make certain actions easier while others will be harder or impossible to convince/coerce the NPC into? This combined with the fact that bodies and poses are the same makes me feel like I am playing with dolls. Different clothes, different faces, but everything else is the same.

Graphics:
    I saw a few comments that the graphics are good. No, they are not good it's 2020 not 2002. The environments are static, no different lighting for morning, noon, afternoon, evening, night, so it feels ridiculously artificial. Ok they are nicely rendered, but that's pretty much it.
    When it comes to the characters it's much worse: there are only a handful of body types, that are resized or mirrored with different clothing on them. I don't mind it that much when it comes to general interaction like chatting, talking and all that but when it comes to more intimate interaction... a hug is basically zooming in on the character, not a different render with a different camera angle. The even more intimate interactions are identical so as soon as you've seen one you've seen all and with the complete lack of personality there is no incentive to pursue anyone else.

All in all, as the game currently stands I feel 2/5 is a bit indulgent. The game betrays laziness when it comes to the NPCs (NPC personality, poses, animations, facial expressions, variety) and I don't feel like this is going to change without a massive overhaul. It may be a decent start and a good enough demo but if things continue like this the grind will be far too unrewarding to warrant playing this game.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Juniorchef

The game has a good amount of grinding, but i thinks thats better than other games where u get all stats and u can fuck everyone after 30min, only my opinion. The only problem i have is, how expensive the food is, u need 2 normal meals each day and it costs u 200p but with all work done a day (at the beginning) u get mostly near 240p or something like that, so the money grind is way too much.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

Drooskati

It is incredibly obvious that the dev for this game has spent a significant amount of time working through the mechanics. Painfully obvious even. As I actually enjoy sandbox style games, I wanted to give it a shot and see whats going on. Here are my thoughts:

Graphics: Renders are pretty good. "Landlady" really should look older, considering she apparently has a daughter of appropriate age. Currently, the "landlady" appears to be the same age as the daughter. Scenes are well designed and built. Again, dev obviously cares about it.

Audio: There seems to be no in game music, which is fine for some people. Just wish more devs would make the effort to include SOME relevant background music, as that is a key game design element. That being said, there ARE sound effects throughout. For example, when you turn on your computer, you can hear the fans of a computer spinning up. When you turn it off, it plays the Windows shutdown sounds. When you take a "drink", the sound of someone drinking plays quite loud in your eyes. Some of these effects are excessive heh. But at least its something!

Gameplay: This is where things go haywire. The gameplay is EXTREMELY tedious. Many menus aren't properly labeled, so you're just blindly clicking until you find something you want to actually do. In addition to that, many options are presented as a viable choice, even if they aren't, and you end up being told you can't do it. There are FAR too many stats that you need to worry about! For just you, the MC, you have: Stamina, Food, Water, Joy, Immunity, Efficiency, plus 4 more that aren't even labeled other than with non-descript icons. And thats before you ever meet a single other character.

The dev has an opportunity for something here. They obviously care about the game! I really hope they take the feedback from reviews (and the main thread) to heart, and put in some work to simplify things a bit. I will absolutely be checking back later to see how it goes.