Super Hero Games? What are Your Thoughts?

Twistedrem

Mindkiller Dev and Woman Respecter
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2019
Personally the only game in which so far I liked the mind control theme would be Total seduction by mike Velesk, albeit it was a bit too fast, but overall as a game it was quite solid.

About the superhero game VN that you wanna make... my main issue with Visual novels is that most people literally don't know how to write and create horrible developments, even more they tend to be farming in a different way.

A typical visual novel I can find can be said to be "choose the right option to earn points/improve relationship" while choosing the bad one is just bad, while a true story is much more complex, with flags about relationships that will be remembered in the future and that people will take into account what you said.

An example of what I mean:

An amazon appears and says "all males should be slaves!", options:
-Yeah! (+1 relationship)
-Never! (-1 relationship)

A bad visual novel only cares that you get the +1 relationship, even if it isn't consistent with your future actions, while a good visual novel would reward you for actually building a consistent character and the penalty may end up being a reward in the future.
Can't cite my writing experience without doxxing myself, so. I'll just say I'm aware of the pitfall you're describing, and I'll be trying like hell to give every path equal attention. :)

And again. Mind control is only planned as something to be used sparingly. Two characters can do it, and neither of them is the player. :p I've rarely seen it done well, so. Its inclusion serves as a sort of answer to that.

Karnon254332

Feb 20, 2019
This is envisioned much more as a serious narrative, with characters who are sexually active. There will be some characters who are more heavily influenced by archetypes, but not in the sense of a parody. At most, familiar elements will serve as a form of homage, if not a deconstruction.
Sounds good, this may be something I eagerly look forward to. However, no villain route? I'm not a huge fan of receiving moral judgment from a game, but playing as a villain would be quite fun. The line between anti-hero and villain can be blurry anyway.

This is Karnon, a self-righteous fapper, signing off.

Reactions: Twistedrem

Twistedrem

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2019
Sounds good, this may be something I eagerly look forward to. However, no villain route? I'm not a huge fan of receiving moral judgment from a game, but playing as a villain would be quite fun. The line between anti-hero and villain can be blurry anyway.

This is Karnon, a self-righteous fapper, signing off.
It's less about moral judgment, moreso a lack of interest on my part, and the fact that where your character will be coming from mentally/emotionally doesn't readily lend itsslf to "let's go out and hurt people and take shit!" :p

What I will say is that yes, that "blurry line" will be a main theme of the game. If you fully embrace the anti-hero path, you'll certainly be considered a villain in the eyes of many. So, there's that!

I'm just not interested in writing a protag who yeets babies into the fucking sun. ;)

Karnon254332

Feb 20, 2019
It's less about moral judgment, moreso a lack of interest on my part, and the fact that where your character will be coming from mentally/emotionally doesn't readily lend itsslf to "let's go out and hurt people and take shit!" :p

What I will say is that yes, that "blurry line" will be a main theme of the game. If you fully embrace the anti-hero path, you'll certainly be considered a villain in the eyes of many. So, there's that!

I'm just not interested in writing a protag who yeets babies into the fucking sun. ;)
Cool, I look forward to how this goes. Good luck!

Reactions: Twistedrem
D

Deleted member 22113

Ive always been a huge fan of super heroine games and comics but only if playing as the heroine or either gender villain. I feel folllowing the story from a heroines perspective as she gets corrupted and broken is much more interesting and the same as being the villain doing the corrupting. ITs a shame that theirs not many games in this category and even fewer that get it right. I played green shadow rachel long time ago and it was decent enough but it was way too dark most of the time. I avoid heroine adventures cos it looks like its all lesbian and the japanese games well any ive played have been just awful. I dont remember many other female games i gave up on searching. Evil inc, lust hero, and something unlimited are the 3 that stand out in my mind from the villain category.

IF were talking comics my two favorite creators that i think stand out as the best examples of how to do it right on both ends of the spectrum are Libero and MrBunnyArt you can find both of them on ehentai. Libero is a cool dude and his stuff is more light hearted and goofy and involves drugging and heroines caught in weird situations getting tricked into sex. MrBunnyart is on the other side but doesnt take it too far its darker and the storys are done well and fall more into the mind break category. Those are two good places to look for ideas and inspiration. Some of the stuff at hipcomix is alright but doesnt seem to be much sex in their stuff. I know theirs more but its been a while since ive dive into the fetish and i cant remember any names

Twistedrem

Game Developer
Sep 7, 2019
Ive always been a huge fan of super heroine games and comics but only if playing as the heroine or either gender villain. I feel folllowing the story from a heroines perspective as she gets corrupted and broken is much more interesting and the same as being the villain doing the corrupting. ITs a shame that theirs not many games in this category and even fewer that get it right. I played green shadow rachel long time ago and it was decent enough but it was way too dark most of the time. I avoid heroine adventures cos it looks like its all lesbian and the japanese games well any ive played have been just awful. I dont remember many other female games i gave up on searching. Evil inc, lust hero, and something unlimited are the 3 that stand out in my mind from the villain category.

IF were talking comics my two favorite creators that i think stand out as the best examples of how to do it right on both ends of the spectrum are Libero and MrBunnyArt you can find both of them on ehentai. Libero is a cool dude and his stuff is more light hearted and goofy and involves drugging and heroines caught in weird situations getting tricked into sex. MrBunnyart is on the other side but doesnt take it too far its darker and the storys are done well and fall more into the mind break category. Those are two good places to look for ideas and inspiration. Some of the stuff at hipcomix is alright but doesnt seem to be much sex in their stuff. I know theirs more but its been a while since ive dive into the fetish and i cant remember any names
I will say, the few games I've seen in this particular genre do tend to lean heavily into the whole idea of corruption, breaking the heroine(s), what have you.

Not to kinkshame anybody, but I personally find that kinda stuff really twisted and gross. Perfectly fine for narrative purposes, something worth exploring as part of a larger plot, but. This game won't be having you "break" any of the girls. Since it's not something I'm into playing, it's not something I'm interested in making. :p

Like I said previously in this thread, the game isn't going to be all things to all people. But I have faith in it, and I hope it appeals to a lot of perverts-- AHEM. Players. ^_^