3.20 star(s) 5 Votes

triplebrc

May 29, 2019
that legit didnt help whatsoever.
Thats because you are either VERY lazy or have a 90 year olds understanding of how to navigate the internet. That linked thread contains a download link for the first Excessm game, following the link you can easily find Kariyume on that very same site, either by putting the name in the search bar there or by pressing the Excessm tag to see the other games. The far easier way however would just be to google it and pick one of the two dozen different results to download it, here I help you with that because I am feeling generous and a basic google search seems like a foreign concept to you:

Btw the linked thread you consider useless also helps you with the english translation once you actually downloaded the game, good luck with that.

ResoFights

May 3, 2023
I tried to get XUnity translator to work with DeepL, but it seems Reipatcher is the only method that can translate the game, Bepln and Melon don't work.

Reipatcher, however, seems to be unable to get translation from DeepL. But you can change it from GoogleV2 to Papago for a better experience.

If someone can tell me how to get a DeepL translation for this using an auto translator, I'll forever grateful!

EDIT: I heard it works if you use the DeepL API version that's having a free trial, but only for certains countries. I'm not in any of them so fuck me I guess. At least Papago's good.
How were you able to configure anything on ReiPatcher? When I try to click the .exe, it just opens up a window then immediately closes it.

Reactions: MacTastic9

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
There is no way to speed it up from at least what I have found. I had to wait like roughly 5 seconds every new piece of text so that the translator could catch up but I gave up on the plot after the Walnut betting scene or whatever. I have deleted the game and I guess I will just wait for a actual translation if it ever happens. The text actually has to be visible on the screen, so if you don't see it then it won't translate which means leaving it open will only translate whatever is currently visible. Like I said, worst kind of MTL.

It's what completely stopped me from playing Minas Canary because you either slowly wait for a terrible first draft translation of each piece of text or you skip it and I don't want to do either but that game still isn't translated :/
I don't know why it happened but there were times when I loaded up the game and parts that were not translated before were suddenly translated. Last time I played Snow's fight it still wasn't translated and she is by far my favorite.

Excessm mentioned that there will be new enemies and a new mode in future updates:

DeepL translation:

[Flash Report] Super Punch Boy: Additional Updates
This is an article about the latest "Super Punch Boy" in 23 years.

In addition to bug fixes and balance adjustment updates, the following content will be added to the game,
In addition to bug fixes and balance adjustment updates, the following contents will be added

Additional enemy characters

Implementation of the challenging "Extreme Tour Mode

Progress of additional updates will be posted irregularly as in the past.
We will continue to post progress and other information on additional updates on an irregular basis as before. Thank you for your understanding.

The concept of "Extreme Tour Mode

The idea of "Extreme Tour Mode" is to imitate one of the modes of a certain home video game that the creator likes.
 It is an imitation of one mode of a certain home video game that the creator likes to play. It would be awesome if you could figure out where the ↓.

It will be a game with a growth element.

It will grow intuitive parameters such as attack power, defense power, HP, etc.

Section 1] First, choose one of the three stages.
      Each of them will be a battle with various conditions.

Section 2] There is a store part where you purchase items.

Section 3] You will fight against enemies. If you win, you will get loot.
        Return to Section 1.

HP is carried over, and you have to buy special items in the item purchase section to recover.
 You have to buy special items in the item purchase section to recover.

The more items you buy, the more expensive they become.

Some of the items for sale include items that "make the player advance 8 stages" and "growth items".
 Some of the items for sale are "growth items" or items that "make you advance 8 stages".

The further you advance, the stronger the enemies become.

When you "return" to the game, you will start from the beginning of the stage, but you will be able to carry over the growth elements and other loot.
 You can carry over the loot from one stage to another.

Yes...it mimics the Shura mode in the Samurai Warriors series.
 (I love that mode...).
 The characters we plan to add will also appear in this mode.

Teaser of the new upcoming enemy is below:
This is music to my ears! I was hoping he would post about making an update.

Snow and Cornalia's low-blow really needs a buff. I mean, despite being the most devastating blow a woman can give a man it is their weakest punch. Also, the stun time needs to be long enough for them to get at least 2 punches in.

xXKayvinXx

May 5, 2018
Does this come with the mtl?
It does not, but you can copy paste the "SetupReiPatcherAndAutoTranslator.exe" file from the OP's version, run it, then run the "SUPERPUNCHBOY (Patch and Run)" file to patch.

You can also copy the "sav" and "AutoTranslator" from the 1.00 if you have played it. The first folder is your saves, the second is the translations you may have generated while playing the 1.00

ReinaTekken

Jul 4, 2018
can someone just provide the new update with the mlt in it I am not tech savey enough to know how to do it from the instructions given

Feb 6, 2019
I'm slowly trying to translate the game by using DeepL, then correcting it as much as I can, and then pasting the translation directly into the game. Up till now I've made some progress with the skills and their description, but there are a lot of lines to translate, so it will take time, so no promises as to when it will be done. If you know of any better translator than DeepL please notify me.

ak007777

Jan 4, 2018
Edit: While this message was awaiting approval, SupremeVictor posted the ci-en article lol. Anyway, leaving this here for the download link.

Excessm made a post on his own ci-en page about an on-going community driven edited ChatGPT translation for this game. After a brief scan through of some of the scenes provided from this translation, the quality is definitely superior to auto-translator and should work fine for those searching for a decent translation at the moment. The article for that as well as the download and instructions for that patch can be found here:

Now this translation is not yet complete; the h-scenes are done, ability info, cutscenes, etc. all complete; but some menu items are still untranslated. Below I am attaching a link to a google drive download with the current game version (v1.01) that has the english translation applied, as well as auto-translator on top of it. The auto-translator will only translate what is not already in english, which is just a few menu items at this point.

This download also contains a 100% save file with all unlocks and stages beaten on the hardest difficulty. The first h-scene is also unclaimed (Opponent who's defeat scene you saw for the first time), for those who care about that.

Hopefully someone can update the main thread with this so people don't have to go through all these pages to get to it.

Last edited:

Darklust

Donor
Feb 1, 2018
I truly miss the days when Excessm made proper games like & Kariyume.

Now we get replicated mindless pngs which moves a little & close ups which take up the entire screen...

Reactions: Mr_Tanker

ak007777

Jan 4, 2018
I truly miss the days when Excessm made proper games like & Kariyume.

Now we get replicated mindless pngs which moves a little & close ups which take up the entire screen...
It seems like what you mean to say is that you wish he made more 2d side-scrolling action games. He did make Smash Boy as well in 2018 and Yume-Same in 2019, both of which were those styles of game, so I'm not sure what you mean. It's not like he stepped away from that genre completely, he just reasonably wanted to expand his horizons by experimenting with different types of games aside from those. If what you mean is that you miss his previous artstyle, that's personal preference I guess so I can't say much on that.

Another thing I'm seeing that confuses me is that people claim this current game (Super Punch Boy) lacks content. He only spent 9 months developing this game, and the amount of content rivals if not surpasses Parade Buster lol. Parade Buster has 56 characters, but only a few of them have more than 1 h-scene, in total I'm pretty sure the h-scene count is around 60-65.

On the other hand, this game only has about 11 different characters, but almost all of them have 3 h-scenes at least. When factoring in combinations with specific team comps, there's about 45-50 unique h-scene animations. If you add on top of that dialogue for specific situations (first fight, first down, second down, surrender, looking at the the enemy while downed, looking at the referees while downed, failing the 10-count, defeat event, defeat events in specific stages,), there's like 250 unique h-scenes in this game. And he made this game in 9 months lol. When it comes to the argument of the game being too short or lacking content, I'm just not seeing it. Lacking variety compared to Parade Buster? Sure, there are less unique characters. But not lacking content.

Looking at it from a story perspective, for what it's worth the story is also pretty entertaining with good humor, and it's a continuation (believe it's a prequel?) of the story from Smash Boy. Perhaps this will be more understandable when playing it in English.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the best game he's made so far both as far as h-content goes as well as gameplay and story; and made in the least amount of time. Maybe that's just me though. I'd be interested to see what others think on this.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Oh, wait, I found a way better one already: . So yeah, if you find an even better one tell me.
Thank you so much for being a hero for our community!

Edit: While this message was awaiting approval, SupremeVictor posted the ci-en article lol. Anyway, leaving this here for the download link.

Excessm made a post on his own ci-en page about an on-going community driven edited ChatGPT translation for this game. After a brief scan through of some of the scenes provided from this translation, the quality is definitely superior to auto-translator and should work fine for those searching for a decent translation at the moment. The article for that as well as the download and instructions for that patch can be found here:

Now this translation is not yet complete; the h-scenes are done, ability info, cutscenes, etc. all complete; but some menu items are still untranslated. Below I am attaching a link to a google drive download with the current game version (v1.01) that has the english translation applied, as well as auto-translator on top of it. The auto-translator will only translate what is not already in english, which is just a few menu items at this point.

This download also contains a 100% save file with all unlocks and stages beaten on the hardest difficulty. The first h-scene is also unclaimed (Opponent who's defeat scene you saw for the first time), for those who care about that.

Google Drive Link Download Here

Hopefully someone can update the main thread with this so people don't have to go through all these pages to get to it.
This sounds very promising I will be giving this a download very shortly.

Bansai

Aug 16, 2017
Just finished the game. Definitely a short play this one, but damn, didn't expect that big revelation at the end

Sadly no proper edit mode in this version for now. Maybe they'll add it in the next update? Alas, a really fun lewd parody to the puncher game :D

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Succubus Hunter
3.20 star(s) 5 Votes