3.20 star(s) 5 Votes

bentonstenton

Jul 8, 2020
As far as I'm concerned, this is the best game he's made so far both as far as h-content goes as well as gameplay and story; and made in the least amount of time. Maybe that's just me though. I'd be interested to see what others think on this.
it doesn't quite dethrone yumesame for me in any of those fields, and i preferred hagokoro's H system, but overall i loved it, and it was especially a massive improvement on mines canary. the new MTL method certainly helped. (the pronouns jump around some, and the constant use of "climax" is a little jarring, but it's better than "making it squid".) (there are a few untranslated lines hidden in some of the alternate battle events, but they're nothing important.)

seems like the "shorter games" strategy is gonna pay off. this one was basically the quality of yumesame, condensed to bitesize arcade quantity. very very promising. (i just worry he's gonna run out of spiky shadowy armor NPC guys if we're getting a new game every year.)

blacknieve

Feb 19, 2019
but it's better than "making it squid"
What's wrong with making it squid? Sounds about right. xD

Jokes aside, yeah, this game is pretty great.
I also really like the fact that the games excessm makes are actually enjoyable on their own. They are actual games.

Yumesame was great. The only problem is that after finishing it a few times, I got bored of it.
Plus, the problem with Yumesame is that if you put it on hard mode, it's only challenging until the minotaur boss and again at the angel boss.
Especially if you finished it a few times. It gets boring fast.

Reactions: ak007777

ak007777

Jan 4, 2018
it doesn't quite dethrone yumesame for me in any of those fields, and i preferred hagokoro's H system, but overall i loved it, and it was especially a massive improvement on mines canary. the new MTL method certainly helped. (the pronouns jump around some, and the constant use of "climax" is a little jarring, but it's better than "making it squid".) (there are a few untranslated lines hidden in some of the alternate battle events, but they're nothing important.)
Both fair assessments I'd say. Hagokoro's h-system was certainly well done and a step in the right direction from Parade Buster with his wave based 1st person-action format of games. As for Yume-same, I'd played through that before =Together= ended up translating it, so I haven't gotten to experience the story in it's full translated glory yet, perhaps I should go back to it.

Yumesame was great. The only problem is that after finishing it a few times, I got bored of it.
Plus, the problem with Yumesame is that if you put it on hard mode, it's only challenging until the minotaur boss and again at the angel boss.
Especially if you finished it a few times. It gets boring fast.
This is one of the strong points for SPB over his other games in my opinion. Although it is, obviously, a Super Punch Out clone, that doesn't change the fact that it is a pretty engaging game that is still challenging on subsequent play through the stages on the hardest difficulty. Well, that is until you do all the missions through 50 and can just bulldoze through everything by dodging repeatedly and using max chance attacks. But that power being locked until you complete the main story is a good thing as well.

Also, if you go to his ci-en he's already in the works on adding additional content (more characters!) as well as what appears to be a high difficulty endless roguelike mode. Info for those things can be found here:

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
I'm slowly trying to translate the game by using DeepL, then correcting it as much as I can, and then pasting the translation directly into the game. Up till now I've made some progress with the skills and their description, but there are a lot of lines to translate, so it will take time, so no promises as to when it will be done. If you know of any better translator than DeepL please notify me.
Chat GPT can do a good job cleaning up some translations as well. It's a little more nuanced with context, and I found it worked really well when you translate a block of lines simultaneously to show entire conversations. I used it alongside Deepl and even Google Translate to really get a feel for what was being said.

HQQ

Aug 10, 2018
How were you able to configure anything on ReiPatcher? When I try to click the .exe, it just opens up a window then immediately closes it.
Go to the Auto Translator folder, then the Config.ini file and edit Endpoint = GoogleTranslateV2 to Endpoint=PapagoTranslate

You'll also need to go to into the Translation folder (and subsequent folders) to delete the _AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt file. This file contains your existing Google translation, so you need it gone for Papago to re-translate stuffs.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Just finished the game. Definitely a short play this one, but damn, didn't expect that big revelation at the end

Sadly no proper edit mode in this version for now. Maybe they'll add it in the next update? Alas, a really fun lewd parody to the puncher game :D
That is Awesome!

I got to the final fight in the last version and have been playing this one (This time also playing through the missions/ Walnut storyline) and made it to Snow's rematch. I only stopped there because I tear myself away from being her punching bag fighting her.

Chat GPT can do a good job cleaning up some translations as well. It's a little more nuanced with context, and I found it worked really well when you translate a block of lines simultaneously to show entire conversations. I used it alongside Deepl and even Google Translate to really get a feel for what was being said.
I love Chat GPT and cannot wait to see it work wonders on other games such as Fantasy World Mindia and Succubus Cage.

sagemon

Aug 12, 2018
This version seems censored. Is there another one that is not, even if it is completely Japanese?

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Apparently, a new update was released today.
And this is what comes with it.
''Ver1.02 Balance Adjustment and Bug Fixes''

Workupload
Another update already? I have already been loving the last one. I will be downloading this one now.

Edit: Does anyone have a non-Workupload link to it? Workupload apparently hates ProtonVPN.

Martinsuki

Apr 26, 2017
For some reason im not able to watch some scenes, everything works normal but the screen goes black and won't show any CG or animation, for example in referee butt grope or in Makoto's Zeko companions BJ, any ideas what may be cuasing this?

Feb 6, 2019
I've made a lot of progress with the menu and skills, which takes the most amount of time to translate, but I don't know how to make the player's name appear on the translation. It only shows the name I gave to my character. Does anyone know how to make it so the current name appears in case someone changes their name?

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Hey fellow punching bags champions, I just got beaten up by Snow so many times that I noticed that if she hits you with her low-blow while her HP is less than the "U" in guard, her punch will drain all but 1 hp of your health. They blocked her punch here but this is a link to the move the move I am talking about at the current timestamp.

DD84

Aug 27, 2022
Hey, so I've been stuck on challenge 37 for a good while now, and I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what I must do in order to achieve the winning conditions.

• Sad
Reactions: Damien Rocks
3.20 star(s) 5 Votes