GrumpyOldGit

Jan 29, 2021
Developer Notes:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I really hope that the whole "is AI generated images art" debate eventually settles on AI generation being acceptable for use primarily as placeholders and utilitarian illustrations.

If you're so lacking in skill and resources that AI generation is your only viable way of obtaining even half-way decent illustrations, you should look to build your game in a format that relies more on text and less on illustrations. People tend to underestimate just how much actual gameplay you can get out of Twine, even with limited coding skills. "I want to make a game but I can't draw or do anything with 3D modeling" is exactly when you should be looking into Twine. HTML is among the easiest programming languages in the world to learn.

The images here are pretty decent, but at the very least, the goal should be to have them manually edited before releasing the game as a finished product. All of them should be extensively edited, both to improve cohesion and remove artifacts. Best case scenario would be to use them as a style guide, and hire an artist to recreate them all from scratch.

2.30 star(s) 6 Votes