• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py - Superhard [v0.3.1] [MoonlitMatcha]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 6451989

v 0.1.5

The Good

* Good English
    * A few bugs but I didn't run into any game breaking ones
    * Art is not bad. The Girls are hot.

The Bad

Story - You get an Ai robot Penis that tries to tell you how to get laid. It's a cool premise but the writing and chemistry between the MC and his Ai could be funnier, or more interesting, or something or other.

Main Character -The main character annoys me. He feels cringy, winey, very stupid and soulless to me. He's a virgin that doesn't know how to talk to women, so I understand the plot reasons for him being like that but it still annoys me. He has zero empathy or ability to read people.

His lines make him come off like a redditor mod trying to rizz a girl. Lines like "Well, well, well What do we have here?" to Start a conversation, and "You underestimate my power" when telling a girl he's good at shopping for clothes. Or "Die" When squishing bugs. He's not a likeable loser.

Stats - You have money, strength, intelligence, and dexterity, which have mini-games, mostly time based clicking that you can do once per day to increase them. You can skip the minigames and get the points without them.

Story Triggers - There are different story triggers such as when you level up a stat high enough, or a stat gets past a specific point. This is good in that it makes the world feel alive with unexpected events. The downside to doing it this way is that you typically can't just pick a character and pursue her, you need to look at the hints and see the next thing you need to do.

So to give an example, I can't pursue the girl at the lab because I have to wait for an appointment, so I have to pursue a different girl. Or I don't know what will trigger a specific girls event. The net effect of these, is that it makes the game feel more linear, often making it so I only have an idea of how to pursue one of the girls on a given day.

Animation is flash style cutout/bone based animation. I don't prefer this animation style, but I understand that many devs will choose this as it doesn't take as long as drawing out every frame, and it's better than no animation.

The story feels like it was written by someone raised in a culture where a guy having sexual interest in a girl is seen as morally bad. So I get an undercurrent of self loathing, self hatred, and embarrassment from the MC and the story itself.

The story is mostly fetch quest, erond type events. Most of the female characters feel the same to me. They all kind of blur togeather without any unique speaking styles or ways of speaking (that I personally noticed). It just feels like the author using the characters to spit out exposition, or the authors thoughts.

Especially when one of the girls turns out to be a rule34 artist and embarrassed about it. It feels like an author insert which takes me out of the story.

Then there's the part about the MC struggling to get recognition on "F69Zone" so his robot penis creates bot accounts to boost initial engagement, which is sus.

Overall

Not bad. Interesting Premise. These are my personal opinions. I'm sure some readers will identify more with the main character than I was able to.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Lascivious Pneuma

The review is for version 0.1.5.
    Very promising game. Great artwork, 10/10. The animations could use some work, 6/10. The coding is very bad, the engine is recycling upon itself constantly (no idea how they managed to screw so bad), the result being a very poor experience. In order to reach the end of current playthrough (which is very short, less than an hour without cheats) I had to save and restart the game ~20 times.
    I'm certainly adding this to my watch list and I will edit my review if things change for the better!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

abc23

The game is very promising, especially the artwork and the variety of models. Of course, it's also very short at the moment, so I'll update the rating as the game progresses. It deserves some support!