VN Ren'Py Supermodel: Defenders of Desire [v1.0.0] [Belle]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

maladroit

Oct 13, 2022
Crowdfunding support
The lengthy development of this first version of Supermodel has taken its toll on the support I receive on Patreon and SubscribeStar. My income is now a fraction of what it was in the heyday of Long Live the Princess. That isn't sustainable.
Hi it's me, I'm one of the Patreon supporters who dropped off a while ago, sorry. Partly because I needed to adjust my budget but also because I was having a hard time following your vision of where you were planning to go with this. But I'm glad to see you here with a 1.0 release Belle and I'm looking forward to checking it out. Good luck to you (y)

Reactions: Belle

Belle

Developer of Supermodel & Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Hi it's me, I'm one of the Patreon supporters who dropped off a while ago, sorry. Partly because I needed to adjust my budget but also because I was having a hard time following your vision of where you were planning to go with this. But I'm glad to see you here with a 1.0 release Belle and I'm looking forward to checking it out. Good luck to you (y)
Don't worry about it. I knew from the start that I'd lose a ton of supporters due to the front-loaded development hell I had to go through. If I can win you back with the actual game now that it's out, then it'll have been worth it.

fajiker145

Jan 25, 2024
seriously bruh?????
cucks:poop: everywhere goddamn, if you guys need NTR go to hentai sites bruh, leave the VN and game developers alone:cautious:
Why would they do that if this developer was more than happy to make ntr content for them in their last game? Is it that crazy to ask if the same will happen again?
I look at the multiple protag tag and I am pretty sure some "technically not ntr" stuff will make its way here either way :whistle::coffee:

F9G8LRziDe96390d

Sep 26, 2021
Should I play through all of Micheal's story before moving on to another character for the story to make sense or does the order not really matter?

Appears to be gated ignore my comment

Last edited:
Reactions: rb813

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Should I play through all of Micheal's story before moving on to another character for the story to make sense or does the order not really matter?
The order is curated, so any order is fine. Play whatever appeals to you the most at any given moment. Chapters will unlock gradually as you play various characters.

Reactions: F9G8LRziDe96390d

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
I finished it, and in my opinion we're off to a great start. Both the story and the models are top-tier for me.

What is left to evaluate is the sexy stuff, which is basically non-existent in this first release (it's ok since we're too early in the story).
LLtP was average to ok in that regard, but I really hope this new one will raise the bar a little bit. The bed scene animation was superb, which is a good sign. Looking forward to the next updates :)

Yakis0ba

Aug 7, 2017
I've seen a couple pics of Sybil so far in this thread and they're all OOZING with personality. Already my favorite character and I haven't even downloaded anything yet.

(Although... redhead with glasses never hurts.)

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
I do have a couple of remarks though: first, enable the rollback feature during VN sequences, please.

Second, regarding the cards game: With the beginner deck is basically impossible to win a game above the first level of difficulty. This is most probably so by design, but I think it would be cool to give the player a chance to win at least the Serious difficulty right off the start, just to let the game feel more rewarding to those who want to play on a higher difficulty than the expected one.

Reactions: rb813

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I do have a couple of remarks though: first, enable the rollback feature during VN sequences, please.

Second, regarding the cards game: With the beginner deck is basically impossible to win a game above the first level of difficulty. This is most probably so by design, but I think it would be cool to give the player a chance to win at least the Serious difficulty right off the start, just to let the game feel more rewarding to those who want to play on a higher difficulty than the expected one.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm probably not going to enable rollback, but based on feedback, I'm making it a priority to implement the History feature for the next update so that people don't miss any dialogue by accident.

As for the card game, it's way more skill-based than you might think at first. You can definitely win at least the first three difficulty levels with the beginner deck if you know what you're doing, though the higher you push, the more luck you're also going to need. The idea is to have you start at the lower difficulties before you adjust your deck to whatever challenge you're facing and turn up the difficulty as you begin to feel more confident. The reward mechanic will work differently in the final game, so the way it's presented right now is a temporary anomaly that has to be this way because of the gradual crowdfunding releases.

I briefly considered locking off anything above the warm-up difficulty at first and then unlocking each new difficulty level over time, but there are advanced players coming in from Snapshot who might not appreciate that. There are players who have managed to beat Insane difficulty somewhat reliably, which still blows my mind.

The biggest weakness of the beginner deck is that it spreads itself thin. As you earn cards, you should probably focus on two of the three card categories instead of all three.

Reactions: Itsphred

ViperGts151

You don’t like me? Fine. Don’t waste my time then.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018

Not sure if it works with this game but if you really need a rollback feature you could always try using unren to force enable the rollback feature. Also if your not bothered about not playing legit you can always use the 0x52 mod with this game to increase your booster points and give yourself better cards in the booster menu

Last edited:

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
I'm probably not going to enable rollback
I'm genuinely curious about why this is a thing, like in general. As someone else just noted, there are existing tools that allow the user to turn it on, which anyone who really likes having rollback has probably already learned how to do long ago. So if they want the rollback, they're gonna have it anyway. What do you gain by not having it on by default? The bit of feedback I would offer is, of all the times I've played a ren'py game that had the rollback disabled, 0% of them were more enjoyable for me because of that.

Is it a programming thing? That's something I would have more sympathy for. If having the rollback enabled causes extra programming steps, then I can appreciate wanting to bypass that additional effort. But if it's a matter of how you want the game to be played or how you want other people to experience the game, why not let the players decide that for themselves?

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes