VN Ren'Py Supermodel: Defenders of Desire [v1.0.0] [Belle]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
Not sure if it works with this game but if you really need a rollback feature you could always try using unren to force enable the rollback feature. Also if your not bothered about not playing legit you can always use the 0x52 mod with this game to increase your booster points and give yourself better cards in the booster menu
I was already aware of all of this, but thanks anyway

Reactions: ViperGts151

Belle

Developer of Supermodel & Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
v1.0.0 so it's finished? did i miss the completed tag?
I've called this The First Release, but the OP decided to call it v1.0.0. I have stopped using the version terminology and partial version numbers because most people haven't got the faintest idea how they work. It was one of my big frustrations with LLtP. "Oh, it's version 0.29? That must mean the game is 29% done." "Huh, why did you go from version 0.9 to 0.10?" "How come you jumped straight from 0.42 to 1.0?" It's all such complete, total nonsense, and the people misunderstanding versioning would get weirdly defensive about it, too.

I'm done with that crap. From now on it's Release One followed by Update 1, Update 2, Update 3, etc. Shouldn't be possible to get confused about that.

Oh, to live in a world where companies were consistent with technical terminology and didn't confuse their customers with marketing jargon.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Will there be meaningful choices and multiple endings?
I'm not entirely sure if I will have choices in this game. If there are, they will be few and far between and will have a significant impact. I have no plans for multiple endings. The freedom of choice in LLtP can be a good thing, but it also dilutes the story and lessens the impact of the various character arcs since you have to keep things so open. It's not for nothing that most of the main story in LLtP happens in the intro and endgame, with most of the midgame focused on individual character arcs.

Supermodel is a linear story with a set ending in mind. This means choices don't really fit into the equation, but it also means that the story should be far stronger, better paced, and more impactful. You can already see some of the effect of this change in the first release with how the various characters interact with each other and not just the POV character at any given time.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

subli

Jul 30, 2020
I've played a little. I like it so far, the writing in the prologue was a bit too purple, which was a bit of a turn off at first, but I enjoyed it once we switched to the other points of view. I will say though that it would be great to have an excuse to jump into gameplay sooner. If I hadn't already played Snapshot so I didn't know I'll enjoy the gameplay I might not have stuck with it. I like the story, but I don't open a game to read story for 20+ minutes.

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
I'm not entirely sure if I will have choices in this game. If there are, they will be few and far between and will have a significant impact. I have no plans for multiple endings. The freedom of choice in LLtP can be a good thing, but it also dilutes the story and lessens the impact of the various character arcs since you have to keep things so open. It's not for nothing that most of the main story in LLtP happens in the intro and endgame, with most of the midgame focused on individual character arcs.

Supermodel is a linear story with a set ending in mind. This means choices don't really fit into the equation, but it also means that the story should be far stronger, better paced, and more impactful. You can already see some of the effect of this change in the first release with how the various characters interact with each other and not just the POV character at any given time.
Ahh... okay. That's a shame. Appreciate the answer though.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
uhm....i think i played the pricess game and i liked...this one seems there isn't sex at all reading the tags and dev comments sayinmg there is but not much makes me confused...i'm not sad at all at it being as VN (don't like many bad made openworld...but the lack of sex and trhis card thing isn't pushing me to this gasme sdo much...i'll give it a try next update maybe

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
this one seems there isn't sex at all
Maybe you should try playing it instead of assuming? Where do you think we're posting this? Do you think F95 would have a thread here for the kind of game you fear this is?

Sorry if I sound flippant, but that you'd assume there isn't sex in this game is a wild leap of logic. You'll have a good understand of just how sexual this game will be by the time you're done with this version.

Reactions: Fauno36

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
Nice start to a game. Good amount of content, pretty pictures, pertinent words, and a skippable minigame that isn't just RNG and manual dexterity.

I noticed a few hovering items (eg. the laptop in the first briefing), maybe one sequence break (Michael is surprised at something Anna says in her office after she had already said those things in the lab), and I'm not actually sure if the hardest level of the minigame is beatable (although I didn't try to build to encounter, since there's no decklist visible).

I did find I was too focused on the minigame to even notice the background pictures, so I was left hoping for a gallery feature or something to see what the photoshoot was actually even about.

Belle

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
I noticed a few hovering items (eg. the laptop in the first briefing)
Wait, what? How am I only noticing this right now? I'm extremely thorough with this kind of thing, and this only seems to affect the stuff around Sybil in that scene. Is there some weird design with the table, perhaps? I'll look into this and re-render the affected images, for sure.

maybe one sequence break (Michael is surprised at something Anna says in her office after she had already said those things in the lab)
Could you be a little more detailed in spoiler tags? That's not enough information for me to know what you're talking about.

and I'm not actually sure if the hardest level of the minigame is beatable
I've had two players on my Discord server beat it with some regularity and tell me about it, so it's definitely possible. Not for me, though. I'm not good enough at the game. I designed that difficulty level to be unfair and unbalanced to really test the most dedicated players. It is meant to live up to its name.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I've called this The First Release, but the OP decided to call it v1.0.0. I have stopped using the version terminology and partial version numbers because most people haven't got the faintest idea how they work.
blame big companies. although google totally broke it.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
Could you be a little more detailed in spoiler tags? That's not enough information for me to know what you're talking about.
I ran throught the two scenes, but since this was a quick replay and my second time around, I wasn't quite as struck by any of the dialogue.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Belle

RewindWorld

Jan 27, 2020
Well... I haven't played the game yet, but just by reading the forum I can tell I'm probably not going to like it. From what I understand the game will force switch to each of the characters and frankly odds are there will be at least one I want nothing to do with. I was never a fan of multiple protagonist games and also I don't like to play as female mc.

Even so... I'll give it a shot later this weekend. If nothing else it sounds unique and something new and that's good. I also played previous version when it was just card game and I liked it back then. I was looking forward to update, but I don't recall there being any talk of multiple MCs back then. Then again, maybe I just missed it...

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes