Others - Abandoned - Sweet Home [v1b] [Longfellow Earl]

1. 2.00 star(s)

L3z1l3

An above average game destroyed by the clunky engine.

The graphics are decent even if not the best I've ever seen. The sex scenes are animated even though not very fluid.
    The story is the usual young guy returns "home" after a few years, but (unfortunately) without incest this time.
    The characters are the usual, nothing really interesting. The dialogues feel very stale. I feel the women are falling for the MC to easily.
    Even with the above issues and having nothing unique or outstanding with the hot girls the game would be above average normally.
    But there is the issue with the engine.
    You have to give up on all the conveniences provided by renpy, like rollback, skip, save at any point, lots of save slots, 3rd party compression and patching and above that it's laggy and the ui bugs out.
    During scenes you are clicking to move on to the next screen but often nothing happens. You start clicking like crazy and suddenly you notice that you have missed some lines of dialogue, but you can't roll back because the engine doesn't supports that. Great.
    Sometimes i got different results from choosing the same answers based on how fast I was clicking through it. It's really annoying when you are going through a scene the 10th time because you have to select the correct answers on multiple prompts after each other but you can't go too fast because the engine can't deal with it.

In the end I had to give up on playing this version because I met an infinite loop and my last save was ways back because of limited number of slots and I had no patience to go through everything again without being able to skip.

I hope the dev hears our pleas and changes to renpy. The someone can make a compressed version, because the current v1a is over 2 GB, which is too much even though it has quite a lot of content. And also an unofficial or even fanmade patch would be quite popular in my opinion.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Hammer120

CONS---game not set up well, as in no menu, hard to navigate,
    cant always access phone, no persistent hints.
    Hard to save/ load because you cant always get to phone.
    PROS-- Graphics good , music, map etc.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

JohnJG

Seems like a genuine attempt to try something slightly different on a tried and tested storyline.

It's a little early to tell how it will work out but I'm giving the thumbs up for giving it a go. I'm hoping it pays off for the developer over time.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

NPC041188

I try not to be too critical on independent made games, but this has problems that need fixing.
    It's full screen and you don't have option to make it smaller
    There are no preferences options
    It's the same few note music over and over throughout the intro, which you can't mute ingame.
    The text isn't click based so it moves at its own speed, and its speed is S L O W ! So slow it took like 5 minutes to get through the intro where if I could read and move at my own pace I'd be done within a few minutes.
    I actually stopped playing right after the intro was done, I saved it so I didn't have to go through all that again and had to take a break.
    I'll come back to play it later but that intro was just draining.