Switch Ownership of Thread to Developer

Aug 30, 2018
Hi,
If I upload my friends game, can we or moderators give him ownership of the thread once he becomes a member of f95zone?
I'm trying to convince him to start a developer profile here.

Reactions: CustardPi

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Hi,
If I upload my friends game, can we or moderators give him ownership of the thread once he becomes a member of f95zone?
I'm trying to convince him to start a developer profile here.
He needs to become a member first, so that you can link him. After he interacts with the players a while and finishes the probation period...

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I'm not sure at all that it's something possible ; not because of the rules, but because of the forum's engine. TCMS ?

But, did he really need to be the owner of the thread ? If it's for the updates of the link, he or you can just post the links in the thread. Then either you report it, asking for an update of the OP, or you tag an uploader in the message, and he'll do the update when he'll be available. The first options being the better, at least from my point of view.

Aug 30, 2018
I'm not sure at all that it's something possible ; not because of the rules, but because of the forum's engine. TCMS ?

But, did he really need to be the owner of the thread ? If it's for the updates of the link, he or you can just post the links in the thread. Then either you report it, asking for an update of the OP, or you tag an uploader in the message, and he'll do the update when he'll be available. The first options being the better, at least from my point of view.
He doesn't need to be the owner of the thread. I just wanted him to have privileges for comments and replies.
I think I just need to convince him to start a developer profile on f95zone.

Reactions: CustardPi

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Oh yeah, the thread owner cannot do that.
In fact, you have to abide to some rules (Common sense, really) before they give you thread's ownership.

Your privileges only allow you to edit the game's page.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Ownership of the thread just means that you can edit the OP (original post that started the thread) where we keep the game links and other info. It does not mean that you can delete/alter other member's posts or reviews in the thread. Only moderators can do that.

Moderators can also see the change history of posts so if a thread is updated with Patreon-only content and a dev who owns the thread tries to delete it from the OP, we revert it and ask them to not do it again. If they persist we remove their ownership of the OP.

CustardPi

Nov 26, 2019
No problem Redemptionator, I just became a F95zone member. I'll just start the upload thread when I'm ready.