RPGM - Completed - Sword and Collar of Slave Trader [v1.0.0] [Jackalope]

1. 2.00 star(s)

PepperMan

An ok game best described as a good joke that overstayed its welcome by a lot. I think ive done 70% of the story, maybe 5-6h. I really don't feel compelled to keep going even if the gave would get full offical translation.

translation fully playable/5
    i've been using UI,Shop fix and Alt fix v6. With map locations translated and the markers from quests placed on overworld i've never lost and always got a grip of what my mission is. If i had to name a issue it would be a inconsistency in the Devils and Oni both being referred to as Demons in speech which can cause confusion, especially with the quest needed a "Blue haired demon" since both their B variants are blue. But in general oni = demon and devil for devil.

CG, design 3/5 , variance 2/5, amount 3/5
    it looks ok, nothing spectacular. But it's very much using reskins. So human A amd C will have different hair and chest but pose exactly same(for most cases) and its just a matter if its toys/tentacles or a normal male giving the D.

Music -
    ok tracks taken from other games, it was very weird hearing zelda BoTW music. It works, no standouts in either regard

Combat, as-a-whole 3/5, complexity 1/5,
    The most standard combat you can imagine for a RPGmaker game. Quite boring with nothing challenging. All you need is some money to get a decent magic attack weapon, maybe an armor piece for spells (I recommend wildfire robes in Tartamia) and a big supply of mana potions. Gratulations. Combat is now just holding the confirm key and chugging potions when needed. Even more trivialized when you find the fallen angel rod which has no element, which means it does full dmg to everything. The saving grace is that combat is so fast you can finish a battle within 15 seconds.

Systems, 2/5
    lets talk about them individually, there is a TL;DR at end of each paragraph
    1: theres some endgame optional(I presume) bosses with static health but every other encounter will scale with your party level, this means grinding but not getting gear will screw you, badly. I really hate these systems. Its not even triggered by a world altering event, it just happens the moment both party members reach level 3. Its kinda needed given how much you traverse back and forth on the world but its really not creating any extra engagment. TL;DR world level scales with party level. Combat is always the same from start to end, fairly dull.
    2: The slave system is very barebones. You beat a "Slave encounter" and capture a male or female unit based on their overworld sprite then its just converted into an item to either be sold at specific markets (farms for males, brothels for females) or given to complete requests. There are some set spawns in the world and every ingame week 4 4andom locations seen from the guild board spawn a female slave. Theres no interaction with them once beaten and they are hardly different from other tradegoods like sardines or wine beyond their use for quests and CG. TL;DR the slave system basic and provides nothing. You can change it to rare monster parts and there would be no difference.
    3: every week some towns have good harvest meaning their produced wares are sold for cheap and exotic goods will be bought for high prices, while other towns get recession and do the opposite. It makes for a basic but ok bartering and trading system going from town to town. Very trivialized when you got some portals active, probably the best bit for feeling your progress with the game. TL;DR trading for money is viable, and maybe the best part

Extra thoughts
    Dungeons are too long. Given the unintersting combat and world scaling its very likely you are gonna sprint from start to end of 80% of the dungeons, and then they take like 20-30 mins to also grab chests. My next objective was to visit the dragon nest, but given that all i do now is run through a cave dodging everythign and wait for random spawns to finish requests im not feeling any interesting in continuing.

2.8/5 for being ok the first 4-5 hours.
    Disappointingly lack of use on the theme for more mechanics.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

TastyDongo

For a RPGM game, the gameplay is 5/5.
    Very enjoyable open world and lots of quest, battle are fast and there is no grind needed for level as level only affect HP and MP.

[- 0.5] score for being MTL and a bad one at that. You can still understand the MTL for the most part but a lot of thing are still in Japanese.
    I can read Japanese so it is not a problem for me but for those who didn't understand Japanese this game is quite unplayable.

[-0.5] score for the H-scene, there is quite a number for scene but the problem are with the girl, all the girl you see in this game basically use the same model, same face, same eye, same body shape.
    You can treat every scene as the same girl only with different hair/ eye colour/ boob size/ skin colour/ species feature such as cat ear etc...

[-0.2] score for some annoying stuff. (1) When you are submitting slave for quest, the select item menu overlay with description menu, making it hard to see. (2) Probably the problem with MTL, description of Equipment just went out of window, so to know what the equipment actually does you need to read it's effect in Japanese in the inventory. (3) There is a bug with Barbarian Slave Female A , I fight her and the game give me Barbarian Slave Male instead, so I have to buy the Slave at the Slave Market to proceed with the main story. This mean that there is no capture register of Barbarian Female A which lead to the "All Slave type captured" achievement can't be achieve (maybe there is a sign board quest that ask me to capture her but I didn't find it).

[Final Score 3.8] really good game as I didn't get bored out immediately like most other RPGM game, maybe because I like being a Merchant running around watching my money growth.
    Anyway, if you can understand Japanese this is a good game to try it on.