Sword & Sorcery Fantasy vs Modern realistic setting. Which is more erotic?

Which is more erotic to you? Sword & Sorcery Fantasy setting OR Modern realistic setting.

• Sword & sorcery fantasy setting

Votes: 198 38.0%
  • Modern realistic setting

Votes: 99 19.0%
  • Both can be equally erotic

Votes: 222 42.6%
  • Other, i'll respond in a post

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

MarshmallowCasserole

Jun 7, 2018
The whole series is full of mysticism and you say there is no magic in Dune? I certainly don't remember everything, but to name a few... Prescience, immunity to prescience, genetic memories (and posessions, wut), ghola master memories. These things are no mere mind tricks, they are impossible; in other words, magic in my view.

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
I voted "both". Personally I prefer modern/realistic setting because I tend to find Fantasy things boring most of the time but if the question if "which one could be more erotic?" I think both have the same chance.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
Variety is the spice of life. To the extent that games are fantasies, people like to mix up their fantasies. I suppose people have their reliable go-to ones, so to speak, but I think almost any genre has erotic potential. Even modern you can mix it up a bit--urban fantasy, cyberpunk, superhero, etc.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
The whole series is full of mysticism and you say there is no magic in Dune?
Yes I said it.

Prescience, immunity to prescience,
We know that there's sounds we can't naturally hear and colors we can't naturally see, there's nothing strange in the fact to believe that there's more parts of physic that our brain can't conceive otherwise than theoretically. That's the whole premise beyond string theory and their up to twenty dimensions with more than one dedicated to time.
Therefore, prescience isn't necessarily mysticism. The ability for a brain to move in the fourth dimension (time), or a related dimension, when under drugs, while the body itself stay in place in this said dimension, isn't necessarily mysticism, it can just be science.
As for the immunity, who know what is effectively possible once your brain can move on one of the time dimensions.

genetic memories
There's fully documented case of transplant receivers having memory of things that effectively happened to the donor and not to them. Therefore, why should this be seen as mysticism in a far away future, while it's just a science mystery for us ?

(and posessions, wut),
This one can possibly qualify.

ghola master memories.
Whatever how controversial eidetic memory is seen, there's a consensus around the fact that some people effectively have exceptional abilities when it come to their memory ; abilities way beyond what an average person can do. Those persons are an exception (it's not anybody that can be a Kim Peek and remember integrally more than 10 000 books), but they exist.
Therefore, where's the mysticism in the fact that the genetically factored humans that are Gholas, can have an effective eidetic memory ?

These things are no mere mind tricks, they are impossible; in other words, magic in my view.
Among your five examples, two are actually know and proved as totally possible, while still not (fully) explainable. One is seen as theoretically possible, one depend of the effectiveness of a physic theory, and one is effectively actually seen as pure mysticism.
Therefore, there's way less magic than you think.

MarshmallowCasserole

Jun 7, 2018
There's fully documented case of transplant receivers having memory of things that effectively happened to the donor and not to them. Therefore, why should this be seen as mysticism in a far away future, while it's just a science mystery for us ?
I'm mighty skeptical of this claim. Is there a reputable scientific source? What was transplanted? This looks way less plausible than NDE, and those are all bunk.

Therefore, where's the mysticism in the fact that the genetically factored humans that are Gholas, can have an effective eidetic memory ?
I was talking about Hayt's memories.

Therefore, there's way less magic than you think.
Just to clarify, I'm not saying Dune is oversaturated with magic, but it's crucial to the plot. Basically, low fantasy.

We know that there's sounds we can't naturally hear and colors we can't naturally see, there's nothing strange in the fact to believe that there's more parts of physic that our brain can't conceive otherwise than theoretically. That's the whole premise beyond string theory and their up to twenty dimensions with more than one dedicated to time.
Therefore, prescience isn't necessarily mysticism. The ability for a brain to move in the fourth dimension (time), or a related dimension, when under drugs, while the body itself stay in place in this said dimension, isn't necessarily mysticism, it can just be science.
What you say makes zero sense in terms of physics (and no, ST is not about that). So we take a lump of matter, sprinkle it with more matter, some temporary chemical bonds form and boom, time travel, but only for the consciousness (read: dualism is true) while the body (and brain is a part of the body, as you know) stays put.

As for the immunity, who know what is effectively possible once your brain can move on one of the time dimensions.
"I don't know therefore possible" is kind of a logical fallacy.

However, the biggest problem with these isn't actually the conflict with IRL physics, but how these mechanics are treated in the world. Basically if Siona is immune it should be immediately obvious to Leto's adversaries that she is. Anyone she interacts with is also shrouded in uncertainty and any vision about them is also null. Since she isn't a hermit but very much the opposite, the blind spot should grow really fast and wide and become obvious pretty quickly. The spice is treated similarly, it's a magic drug that no one is able to reverse engineer over several millenia, despite its value. But hey, gholas are possible. This is what makes it magic: it's a black box. We and the fictional world take as a given that a lock won't open unless you say 'alohomora' exactly right. WHY alohomora and not aholomora? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oshitari Azumi

Who's the strongest Nobbu?!
Donor
May 23, 2017
Even in other games, I like both kinds of settings, though I'd really love to see what kinds of sex and where the actions take place in. Fantasy? Maybe open sex in a lake or banging a princess in her parents' throne room or something like that. Modern? Risky train sex or screwing an executive in their office or something like that.