VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Sylphia Island [v0.3a] [Glacerose]

1. 5.00 star(s)

mrfafaa96

Well, better late than never as the old saying goes, and what's a better late than right before the release of the remake to make this review/thoughts-thingy for any future player who might be interested in trying this game out?

Setting:
    The game uses the classic roommate formula, this being one of the games where you're actually roommates and not "roommates" if you know what I mean. Being too old for a foster home, the matriarch type character of the game, Alex, takes you in to live with her and four other ladies your age. From here on you’ll spend the game getting close to the girls, learning more about them and the Island you’re on. Being an abandoned game, the story is obviously left unfinished and there’s some minor pacing issues through out the story as well. But overall, I’d say that I enjoyed seeing how the Island slowly expanded for you as you hanged out with your housemates and eventually some side characters that joined in on the fun as well. The main story really picks up about halfway through the game, keeping you wanting for more.

Main characters:
    The good thing about having a household consisting of a landlady and four roommates is that you’re able to take advantage of many different character types. Something the dev sure did. You get served a nice smorgasbord of characters. You want a tsundere? You’ve got one. You want a laid-back gamer girl? You’ve got one. You want a more maternal figure? As mentioned above, Alex, can take care of that need of yours. Playing through the game I can’t say that there were any of the main girls that I didn’t enjoy, they all had something to offer and they did that in a good way in my opinion.

Side characters:
    Throughout the game you’ll encounter a number of side characters through the main girls’ storylines. But due to the state of this game being abandoned a lot of them don’t get past a simple greeting as far as content is concerned. At the end there’s only two characters that has anything more than a greeting or a quick scene. One being more standalone-ish, while the other got story content connected to the main story. Not to spoil too much, but the scenes with one of the side characters gets quite steamy. So for what there is available with the side characters, like the main characters, does not disappoint.

UI:
    The UI is simple and easy to use and understand. The tutorial in the beginning explains it well. There’s a few clicks to orientate within the house, so I usually just tended to use the map button and then press the button that would teleport me to the bedroom instead of clicking through the house when I needed to sleep or something. Was it actually faster, not sure but it felt like I’ve saved some “precious” milliseconds of my life doing it.

Grind:
    There’s technically two types of grinds you’ll face in the game, although one borders on non-existent honestly.

Affection:
    Outside of the main events you can eventually have repeated sexual events with the main girls and one side character. You can have a few different types of events with them that unlocks depending on your level of affection with them. Affection can be gained by simply hanging out with them or by partaking in sexual acts (personally I would recommend the second option since it gives you something nice to look at while you grind ). This understandable can be off-putting to some players since for some characters you’ll need up to 20 points in Affection in order to unlock the final repeatable sex scene. But personally, since the sex scenes available also increased Affection and 20 points isn’t *too* high in my opinion the affection grind wasn’t that much of a problem.

Money:
    Now the second grind, if you can even call it that is the money grind for a few stuff you’ll need to buy through out the game. But most of this money you’re actually given, I think I needed about two minutes of playing the games on my ingame-phone to make up for the difference that I needed. So calling it a grind might actually be somewhat of a stretch in my opinion.

Playtime:
    This is obviously highly personal since reading speed and stuff differs between person to person, but if I were to give an average I’d say that to get through all the stories and see all the content you’ll need between 8-12 hours. So if you use a Saturday or whatever your version of a day off is, you’ll probably have no problem getting through it all in one sitting.

Final verdict:
    I’d say that if you came here from the remake or from somewhere else and looking for a game to try, to give this one a shot. It might be abandoned, but what’s there is worth a try in my opinion and earned a five-star rating from me.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Ex78

the only thing i regret about this game is it will not be finished the Daz remake will have a different story while the girls will stay the same Glace has found spots where he can tighten the story up can start on the path he was at near the end of the HS version so still play this one you will get to know the girls then when the new one is out you will get to see their newer hotter selves
  3. 5.00 star(s)

hukutka94

Sylphia Island is splendid and has a potential to become huge hit success!

The game begins with a great tutorial to get you started. During tutorial you get to understand starting conditions, how to communicate with game's world and get explained of different activities you can do. You meet your future waifus and get some short, but accurate information about their personalities. I insist you to read through every line of dialogues and never to skip for the first playthrough!

The plot of the game just made a solid foundation in v0.3. As of now we have some cliffhangers of what to expect in the future, but not a lot of main story related events at the moment.

The graphics are overall gorgeous, but at some places odd and unfinished. Girls' animations are excellent! My soul wants to be sold for those great smiles the girls share with us!

The music quality is good, we have some music in menu, we have music and sounds during some of events or visiting places, but we don't have any background music or sounds actually in the game. For the most part of the game it is just silence in which you read text, after some time playing I got a bit annoyed with the fact there is no sound and just loaded my usual playlist to listen.

Humor. Yes, this game provides you with different kind of jokes, which have a great variety of funny, silly, messy, laughable, amusing and precious lines!

Gameplay. There is no need to grind a lot. Girls have only one stat to increase - affection, character has money and can earn them fair through doing some small minigames. The game reveals as a linear storyteller, map objects open to you only when you get the first need for them. That is good, I like when you are led by story to new places, and not just get into a huge open world where you don't know where to go and what to do. You can skip fetishes which you don't want to see! This is awesome, because you get to decide to watch or not to watch, though, even if you skip the scene, it actually happens behind the curtains, so you don't cancel them. I recommend not to skip and watch through everything the game presents to you.

This game is soo good, you absolutely have to download and play it as soon as possible! 5 stars, for sure.

P.S. The game creator right now is doing a big big work on transfering the game to a better modelling engine. So soon we will have this game covered in absolutely new visual experience! Those arts we get every day are juicy and many times better than those we have in current game! Can't wait for the release!

Next part will be a big, full of spoilers chunk of text, with my personal feelings and observation that I just want to express. If you never experienced this game, you better not read down here.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Canade

Animations 5/5
    Story 5/5
    Gameplay 5/5
    Graphics 5/5

Nice game. This game is pretty relaxing, with a story that has a decent pace to it. I've played about an hour so far, and haven't been bored once. The characters' personalities are very diverse and each of them have their particular charms. My current impression so far is that this game requires a high skill level of, reading between the lines.

Great game so far and looking forward to more updates.

Edit: 3 Hours in.. Oh and the MC is an idiot.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

dreganastra

This game does foot fetish right. it's not a quick foot jack off where it's clear the creator has no interest and is doing it to pull in the foot fetish crowd with a tag. the MC gets up in there the feet are in your face it's great. there's a ton of "foot fetish" crap but very rarely does it get me going like this game does. Even with honey selects shit foot modeling it still pulled me in more than any other game has. I'll say it the foot fetish content in this is the best of any game I've ever played.

oh and there's cute girls and shit too I guess.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

dstarfire

Cute characters and unusually good writing. It LOOKS like it'd be grindy, but there's only one stat to raise (affection with each girl) and those involve either: 1. scenes and dialogue unique to each level or 2. short scenes that can be skimmed past very quickly (after you've seen the first one) and you don't have to raise them that far or that often.

The characters are definitely created in Honey Select, but the writing and characterization are good enough to make up for the graphics.

If you're into fantasy and a heartwarming world, you'll probably enjoy this game.

Do NOT try to rush through this game in one sitting to reach the sex scenes. There's nothing more than teasing scenes until several hours in (after you're unable to talk to a certain major character anymore).
  7. 5.00 star(s)

niennunb

I played the 1st version (and liked the setup), and came back only for v0.3a... And I have to say, it's amazing ! Good designs, animations, character development and personalities.
    The story and the lore are interesting enough, the UI is clear and simple, no real grind and the writing is good.
    And, as a plus, I didn't find any bug ! And that makes me happy :)

PS : Serra and Lillian = best girls
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Cedo0099

As i'm concerned that's a good but not great game. The graphics are quite lovely until you see the bottom half... If you compare to others that's correct alright. I do love the cuteness from each character it made me play longer until...

Man the dialogues and the story sucks a lot... The MC is always clueless about girls and the girls always innocent but not so much if you think about it. That's really not something i can be attract to... I don't say everything is garbage but 50% of it is the same boring stuff.

For the story... outch is there one? That's low developed story with a good twist hopefully because i would have rated this game 3 starts otherwise.

PS: i'm not really into visual novel so that's not a critic, but there's some potential to make it a better game with choices that are meaningful. For dialogues, please make it so the MC is not a dumb idiot who is just living like a feather in a gulf of wind...
  9. 5.00 star(s)

4pleb

From the contents in the game in V.30, top notch.

The game runs smoothly, a few minor visual bugs that don’t affect gameplay.

Character designs are amazing, on par with some of the best HS games I’ve played (harem hotel for instance).

H scenes are moving slowly for the sake of the story but the ones are there…. Yowza

Story/writing wise there is tons of potential yet to be realized. Things I have a problem with are
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Overall the game is great and it’s gonna get even more awesome, can’t wait to see what it will turn into.

ps. Lillian best girl and pineapple totally goes on pizza
  10. 5.00 star(s)

tweak0322

Great game in the same style as mystic manor and harem hotel. Awesome girls and re-playable scenes and has a handy tip function to make sure you don't get lost on what to do next with each girl. Doesnt really hold your hand but points you in the right direction. Can't wait for the next update
  11. 5.00 star(s)

wrarar

characters: amazing.

story: really good and fun to follow.

draws (cg): nice and very colorfull.

scenes (all of them): really well done.

ambient and music: is ok, it need more work though.

gameplay: is ok.

conclussion: the strongest point in this game, are the characters. they REALLY feel so autentic and unique, even when you can tell wich
    arche-type are each one. the story is so fast and fun to play and also flows so well even when there is like a lot of characters, that you can take away all the hot scenes and make this a "echi"anime and still will be a 5 star game (please don take away the hot scenes, they are also a big plus).

this game TOTTALLY deserve your time and money.

psdt: lets play a game. if you find out who is the tsundere YOU WIN A CAR!!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

NopeGames

5 Stars For Lillian :)

The story and future of the game is constantly evolving but in the best possible way. I've had a few glimpses as to where things are going and I love it. Even tho I'm a bit of a nobody in this community Glacerose has my support 100% and I simply cannot wait for what comes next.

Each character has a unique and inviting personality and back story which is great that Glacerose hasn't jumped on the character cloning train like some devs.

He has structured the game so that it can expand and include any number of possibilities.

P.S. - PINEAPPLE ON PIZZA FTW!!!
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Doctor Fluffypants

First things first -> OMG I LOVE CELESTE SO MUCH !!! <3
    Sylphia Island has already made it to my top list the game has such a great potential. Renders,art,minigames,story all of them was very enjoyable imo. There s still ways to go but like i said i got high expectations from this game and definetely would recommend it.Good luck and you guys support dev on this beautiful project !!
    -All girls are so lovable and so much fun
    -Nice writing you dont get bored at all (definetely no need for fast-forward)
    -Hints makes it easier when you stuck somewhere
    -Beautiful art and renders,nice animations (and i think it ll get even better)
    -It s kinda like open world game (you choose where to go you re not on a railroad) so that was definetely a big plus for me
    -That s all i can think for now i have such high expectations from this game good luck again dev !!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Merseault

I'm not good at writing, so just take this:

- really nice Honey Select Art & renders
    - nice variety of girls, each of them adorable and beautiful in their own way (appearance & character)
    - no balloon boobies and abnormal bodies (just my taste, no offence)
    - good writing and sense of humour
    - no grind, good game mechanics
    - really hot animated scenes (tag is missing in OP)
    - replayable scenes & event gallery
    - story right now may be your normal dating-sim-stuff (good enough), but there's much more to come!
    - in-game hint system
    - passionate and helpful dev
    - probably more that i can't think of right now

cons?

nothing serious...minor bugs, which are eliminated soon. few typos and stuff, which doesnt really matter (2 me)

Try it out, have fun - and support the dev, if you like it & are able too (y):giggle:
  15. 4.00 star(s)

ThunderRob

What started out as a cute time waster involving sand-roam-free-box b\play that looked like it was going to be an enjoyable harem/dating game..took a turn this update(v0.26) and the STORY arrived..and YES...so i felt it was time for a review..Graphically ..its is a nice version of HS..the girls are soft(some HS is harsh and oily) they are all adorable to stunning..no dogs in this..the hair colouring could use some shading so it dosnt look like they just dunked their heads in food dye #6 and called it a day..but thats minor nitpicking.the game..i'm picky about SB/FR games..most are done in such a way to be an annoying pain in the ass..this is done well..it is smooth and fluid and everything becomes second nature fast..the story/narrative..improved drastically this update..now we see why the mystery about this island start to show..and perhaps eventually we'll discover why we are there and who we really are..i mentioned to GlacerRose the game needs some choices to elevate..dev said those are coming..so i'll withhold a higher rating until i see what they are like...if you are a fan of HH and MM give this game a try..it is in the ballpark now...and with the next updates coming in the future..could join the ballteam itself.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

batman666

Really liked the game's last release, looking forward to the update.

+ Thanks to the dev for making the navigation easier!
    + Still loving the high quality writing, design and HS models
    + This game achieves some kind of tension in every scene. Probably one of the best writers on F95
    + The story with Alex is just so fucking hot, so tense, so well done
    + Emily is so fucking cute. And even side-characters such as the waitresses look better than main girls in other HS games
    + No game does peeking better than this one
    + Lillian is so fucking unique and all the hotter for it
    + I both liked and laughed at the reoccuring of theme of girls' bosses telling me how alright I was xD
    + Ella is probably my favorite game, even before Lillian
    + Love Gracie
    + Ms. Kero looks like Garnet from FFIX
    + Ok forget what I said. Celeste is still my waifu

I fucking love this game. The dev really knows what he's doing. It plays like a professionally written visual novel, gets all the sexy parts right and really know how to make me excited for new stuff and scenes.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

Nice start out so far. There are several things with each of the characters to do. Not sure how to get more money, outside of asking. Hopefully that will be hashed out in future updates. Overall I really don't have anything bad to say other than the money issue, but it could be that I just didn't figure out how to get a job or more money. Keep up the good work. I'll keep my eye on this one
  18. 5.00 star(s)

zeph19

Glacerose put in a lot of work to improve the overall quality of the game and it definitely shows. If you're a fan of harem games with very likable characters, I suggest you give this a (or one more) shot.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Varxen

Pretty solid, looking forward to further developments!

- Characters well made in terms of variety
    - Decent graphics
    - Could add more fetishes/scenes
    - Would be better if more options were given to player (impactful ones will also do fine, rather than more as quality>quantity always works)
    - Good storyline, interested in finding out more about the protagonist and how he interacts with the girls
    - Characters could have more depth, but it's only the first VER so it's cool
  20. 4.00 star(s)

dogeatsdog

Overall I think this is an interesting game. Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:

1) Interesting characters and locations for progressing storylines.
    2) Graphics are good.
    3) Women are represented in different shapes, forms, and personalities.
    4) Really happy with the display of the heart levels and clues.

Cons:
    1) Story is SLOOOOOOWWWW. Lots of grinding and not much to show for it so far.
    2) Has a few bugs but not too bad.

Definitely needs more work and "production" by the MC and women.