RPGM - Symphony of the Serpent [v.04091] [NLT Media]

1. 3.00 star(s)

gamblerI

For some reason nlt has deviated from the incest formula that he has been onto for 5 games in a row starting with "my summer with mom and sis" serveral years ago. That's a shame cuz that was their main appeal for me. Anyways, too early to say much about this game tho from the looks of it it is not going to be as good as nlt best so far, ToN.
    Also, it has been said before, nlt seems locked in time, showing very lite progression in TGO and this game so far. I have given nlt fairly elaborate feedback by mail and as comments in his weekly posts several times because I like the style of his games but I haven't heard back from him/them. Seems he doesn't care about feedback except for bugfixes which could explain the lack of progression in this game series as of late.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

aggravatedray

So far this is shaping up to be my favorite NLT game yet. The combat is... less than desirable, but whatever that's what the cheat mod is there for. And it's actually a fun mechanic when you can't lose. I know that some people aren't as excited about a few of the girls in this one, but I feel like people would also complain if they were all cookie-cutter big-titted nymphos, too. So you can't really win. Anyway, looking forward to corrupting the married super-religious Mrs. Miller and making her a cock hungry cum slut. 5/5.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

charz1060

A way too early review as of v03083 (meaning game is only 3% complete)

Since it's so early I'm not going to comment on story or specific girls or anything else that is way too early to make a judgement on, instead I'm going to bring up where I think this game improves or worsens from the previous games. I will revise this review in the future if my issues are addressed, or if more issues come up.

Improvements
    + Side Girls - I really like this dating sim type addition, it's pretty simple and it's like a mini puzzle to figure out what gifts to give each girl. Plus they're super hot and the dev doesn't need to focus on a deep story for them so hopefully that means more sex scenes.
    + Animations - To be fair not much really needed to be changed here but the small movements like irregular handjob speeds or small non generic movements make the animations just a bit better.
    + Cut scenes and voice acting - This has really been ramped up and they look great, probably already more of this in this game than the entirety of TGO. Crossing my fingers for more voiced sex scenes.

Things that need work
    - Combat - The system has been universally hated so I don't really need to get too into it, but it's god awful. Was it even play tested for 1 minute? The entire system is based around on screen movement which is just incredibly janky to begin with. The combat aids are a huge help and can kind of trivialize fights if you grind the money to purchase them, but that doesn't change the actual system quality.
    - Money Making - It's the same tired collect random artifacts and sell them in some shady manor, it's fine but just incredibly worn out by now.
    - Quality of Life - There's a few QOL improvements that can be made. Maybe some marker on the overworld that shows there's a side mission available at a location. Stat requirements for the side girls can be more specific, tell us how much STR we need instead of just a vague "Are you strong?" comment.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

redhand

This studio continues to stand out for their polish and integration of RPG mechanics into this specific kind of game format

There is a long way to go for this one to reach the heights of previous entries though, but its only had a few updates
  5. 5.00 star(s)

juonmars666

No matter how much people said about the last two recent of the NLT's work, the sense of humour and plausibility of his characters still outshine 90% of all the adult games in the industry. The replayability of his game as an RPG and as an AVN is nothing like any other games of the same genre.

I love every games of his, and hope this one end up being his best.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

OldHorsefly

Played v 3083.
    In have unscientific and totally feeling based method to evaluate games. It's just how I enjoy and spend time with it. I enjoyed with this. Other things that had weight were
    + smoothness (other than battle)
    + graphics
    + animations
    + characters (fuckability)
    + amount of h-scenes
    + voices
    +- battle mechanics: every round after defeat was easier; it was a bit weird and clumsy
    - some scenes or happenings existed multiple times

I give a grade 4,5 so far. Guaranteed NLT quality!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

awaiskings71

Returning to this series after playing Lust Epidemic, and I must say, it feels great to be back! The quality of these games just keeps getting better. The storytelling, character development, and gameplay have all exceeded my expectations. I can't wait to dive into the last two games and experience everything this series has to offer before this latest one is complete. Keep up the fantastic work!
  8. 4.00 star(s)

lockpoint

It looks better than all the previous games and the animations are still top notch.

My biggest complaint with this whole game and what makes this a 4/5 is the combat. It is such and awful mechanic. I would take just about any other form of RPG Maker combat than what we got right now. .
  9. 3.00 star(s)

HBKTheIcon69

My review is going to be pretty simple as the development company overall does show that they make an effort for producing a decent game and yes it is decent in comparison to the prequels. As really the game genre/format is still the same which really comes off as boring..You have a male mc, to save town/city/world for spiritual based evil which the evil portion has shown great character evolution among the saga. Adding in a fighting element which really should've been even in the earlier of the series instead of just dropping it on the latest instalment should've been a better angle. As a player this is just based on perception where most of the focus on romance and smut was geared more towards those that had large proportioned bodies vs natural figures.

If NLT actually did care on the feedback/reviews by players then as a whole why hasn't the series shown overall growth, at least one of the saga could've actually had a female mc as the masses that play games seem too into wanting to see another dude's dick moreso comes off as being sexist really. It'd be a very welcome surprise for this series to grow on all aspects.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

dvojnic

Worst NTL game as of right now.Game i laggy, gameplay is clunky and main chicks are worse looking than the side ones.Graphics are as good as in the last games but there was expected improvement which did not happen.Over all its quite bad, and would not recommed as of right now.They also removed the tag most people were here for.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

redbone89

its not a bad game but the special feeling that NLT media created with TON and LE has gone.. the chareter designs look awful and the build up to the sex scenes isent good.. it feels like he thinks more is better but in reality TON was a perfect balance of evrtyhing.. plot.. build up etc etc..

i still recomend this game becuse it is a high quilty project with lots of lewd sences but as a fan from the beging this and his previous game TGO is like godfather 3 far from the masterpice of the first and second.. but is a okey ride non the less
  12. 4.00 star(s)

derede

I just monkey around in the game little bit. I am going to wait for another review and gameplay for after couple of months.
    So far:
    - I didn't like Genesis Order character designs(nightmare fuel tbh, only good ones was Kimura and Nellie) but characters in SotS are looking way better. I usually don't like younger looking characters but Grace is really looking good. My main interest of milf characters are still lacking but finally getting there. Shame tho, NLT was creating godly milf characters in the past. I hope they found that spark again.
    - There seems to more character interaction in the game. I always liked NLT story and universe. Sex virus, aphrodisiac drugs, ancient magical sexual powers, only good mind control missing tbh.
    But my problem with NLT games, woman characters are dull as it gets. They don't get jelaous, they don't get mad, etc. with each other after find out MC is fucking other girls. they just jump into threesome. I am not calling NTR, just saying there should be more interaction, feelings and emotions. So when scene hit, we can immerse with the game. Finding treasure and clicking couple of puzzle is not doing that.
    - They are evolving with gameplay with every game and there some new mechanics in these one too. I have nothing to say it, its fun but sometimes could be annoying, just saying.
    - *This is my personal wish and taste but I would love to see different body types like mildly bimbo and athletic looking gals. And non saggy big tits :), I was sad when they changed Madalyn tits to saggy ones in ToN. I am still hopeful to see that in future games. But I would like to see a bimbofication sequence in the game, come on we are dealing with sexual magic stuffs :)
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Su95Area

It's a really good one as usual from NLT. Much more better than most of any other corn games.
    It's the 1st class, 5 stars and kind of AAA among corn games. This is one of games in series I'd keep watching and following.
    The best from NLT for now would still be Treasure of Nadia followed by Genesis Order, IMO.

I really don't understand the low rating given by some on this game. Most of their reasons doesn't sound like quite reasonable at all.
    Some bad reviews giving low ratings are actually just nagging about what they want in the game. Something that just really a matter of passing by, move on and look into any other games that suit and fit their taste on this site.
    NLT has its own style, signature or trademark, whatever you'd like to call it, and it may stay that way with their own characteristics.

There are many other games with far worse qualities. Far worse models, animation, graphic and visual in general. Some even look like hand drawn, sketchy, edgy, pencil or crayon kindergarten drawings . Too sharp, too contrast, too dark, too bright, etc. Their storyline, gameplay or minigames are also so silly and difficult to understand at the same time. And the list goes on.
    Yet they got ridiculously far higher ratings. Even goes past 4 point. FFS.
    Where's the criticism? Where are these critics? Why here on this game?

Again, for me, this is one of very few games I'd always be watching and waiting for. Don't just rely on the ratings given and shown. Try it yourself. Too many far worse games got unreasonable higher ratings on this site. They shown those bad qualities some people say about this game. Yet again they still got ridiculously higher ratings.
    If you want to understand what I am saying, just look into it.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

radfoot

(v.02082)

Promising so far, but not much content yet. I think Treasure of Nadia is still the gold standard, and while I liked Genesis Order, I think it was a slight step down. I'm curious to see how this one shakes out. It looks like most of the old NLT mechanics have returned, slightly retooled. I'm open to change and look forward to seeing more. The battle system could maybe use a little work, but I don't mind it really. I don't like the AI art elements, however. They're used somewhat sparingly, but I find them distracting and a little weird. At least it's just bits and bobs, not the characters themselves, which look good so far.
  15. 1.00 star(s)

XHunterz

This game has a potential to be a popular but seems not gonna happen, the combat system has ruin everything, I can't even complete the quest where to kill those robbers on the apartment .
    You know what I like the other games who has a beautiful kind of girls on the game it seems it's totally sucks everything is ugly
  16. 5.00 star(s)

tannino

Played a bit and it is quite funny. I can see an evolution in scenes details and game mechanics. Dialogues are very decent and atmosphere at the level of the previous games. I hope to see more refinement on the menu and maybe a better font. Great since now.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

Malicre

Its the same game we have seen before but done much worse.

At this point you know what you get when it comes to NLT games as you more then likely already played one of their previous games the only problem is that this time they tried to innovate in different ways, in ways people didn't really ask for.

Here are some reasons why i give it a 2/5.

The new combat system if you can call it that is atrocious and should have never been put into the game.

The girls are much worse and this is coming from someone who already thought the girls in TGO we're bad but the days of us getting love interests like Diana, Claire and Naomi are long gone.

The story should have been something new this time around but once again we find ourselves dealing with the same long running arc that started with lust epidemic.

As a final thought, this is the first time in a LONG time that i have no interest in a new NLT game.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Boobbuster69

NLT living up to the expectations once again. Great game so far, like the isometric view. A ton of girls, new ways to get hearts, fighting system, so much new things. The lip synced animations are great, the map is fun to navigate and the locations themselves are gorgeous with great colors and lighting. Music is fantastic as always. Every track fits the location very well.
  19. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 6585891

Combat system ruins the experience completely. Also needs a quest tracker of some kind. Animations are better than last game, voices are a plus, but on the whole it feels so janky. Disappointed to see AI slop as useless details throughout the world as well.
  20. 2.00 star(s)

xkevlarex

For this type of combat system it is absolutely necessary to add hexagones and action points or at least turn sequence or remove it completely.
    Game is needed in some type of questhelper, otherwise it's incredibly boring to walk through every location and inspect every shinie or unusual thing.
    Although models are good and basically same with over NLT games.