Others - Completed - Synthetic Love [v1.1.0] [Kexboy]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Zer0x J360

The game is decent, the art looks realistic and stunning. However, the plot of the game is a bit lacking and it's too obvious to be called fun. The sex scenes are a bit lackluster. But it's a point and click game which is different to the usual genre of rpg sex games. It's an okay game, but not really worth recommending other then the artstyle.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

kimoo

quickly

the story

playtime

animation

choices/decision

minigames

sex scene

should you play it ???
    hell no .... wast of time

why 2 stars ??
    -no animation
    -bad story
    -very very short to be even a game
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Beepsheep90

Apersonal experience:
    This game is a mess. The translation of the game is terrible ( even if i have seen worse) People are talking about a hint you get from a lightbulb somewhere in the left of your screen. I talked with all the girls. pressed everything i could press went back and forth for over an hour and wasted my time. The graphics look amazing but the dev really needs to put a walkthrough out there or fix some serious bugs.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.4.0...

Originally Reviewed on 12/21/2017

The engine used for this Game was Visionaire Studio 4, and was very different from other erotic games I've played... I would liken it's play style to the old Kings Quest/Space Quest games of the 80's but obviously with better graphics and so on... The current content plays out pretty much like a solve the mystery game, where you need to find out who the thief is... It has some adult content, but it doesn't hyper focus on it, in favor of a more fun story...

The visuals are pretty good for a more anime (not Japanese style) feel to both the characters and backgrounds... The UI is not bad, and does require you to move the mouse around and click a lot of stuff to see what is useful and what is not, and that all depends where you are in the story... That includes clicking on other characters to talk to them...

The script needs some work, mostly because there is a lot of broken English, unfinished sentences, grammar errors, etc... Overall I could make out most of it, as not all of it has issues, but you run into scripting issues all throughout the game... The script is mostly just the introduction (which is extremely rushed and a bit confusing), as well as dialogue between the male protagonist and the 3 other female characters... Most of the time the story gives you clues that are easy to interpret as to where to go next, but there were a couple moments when it was hard to tell, and you end up revisiting rooms again trying to figure out where to go and do next... It wasn't too bad though... Most of your game play will be investigation and discovery, with some occasional dialogue...

The overall plot revolves around the protagonist working on a secret formula that I believe is meant to add to the experience of having sex (not 100% sure as the intro was too short and confusing), but he looses his memory during the last experiment and a mystery ensues at that point over some missing money... There is a little bit of teasing on the erotic content, and only a couple very short erotic scenes... Most of them present themselves while researching the mystery, and actually add to the overall story as it plays out, rather then just being thrown at the reader as erotic filler... This is definitely not a visual novel in any way, and is more like a mystery adventure game with a little bit of story in the way of dialogue and detective work...

Overall, I actually enjoyed the game, even though I was hoping for a visual novel at first... It's still a work in progress, so the game doesn't last that long, but I like how it presented itself through some detective work... The script just needs a lot more proof reading for the English translation/interpretation version... I think the introduction before the actual game play needs some rework as well, as it kind of moves too quickly and takes away from the experience, being so short and slightly confusing... It's almost like you're just being thrown to the wolves, with very little in the way of a deeper backstory as to why you're doing what your doing, etc... I figured out the experiments are sponsored by some sex toy vendor, but that was the extent of it...

I will try this one again sometime, once it's gone through a bit more development, but I enjoyed the content that exists for the moment, and it shows a lot of promise...
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Balub

The visuals in this game simply looks amazing. There's a large amount of interaction with the environment which reminds of classic point & click adventures. The music is reminiscent of that era, too and gives the game this nostalgic 50's feeling without actually playing in the past.
    Though there's not much to show yet (0.3 as I'm writing this) the fact that the entire house is already drawn leaves hope for relatively quick updates.
    There're still some spelling errors, but overall the quality of the game is very high.
    Even if you're not a fan of the genre you should definitely give this gem a try!