Unity - Taffy Tales [S5 v1.07.3c] [UberPie]

1. 5.00 star(s)

CNnb

This is the first review I have ever written.

Of all the lewd games I have played, this is my favorite. It perfectly suits my tastes. Absolutely five stars if you into milf, fetish, and male domination. The BDSM content is not too extreme, so very excited to see the future updates.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

sunysunimon

Love this work, art is great, fetish isn't too exteme, dailogue relatable and well written. Certain stories (light bondage & voyeurism) are truly Boner inducing. Wish there was more of everything, very little NTR (I enjoy it myself), No Bi/Sissy stuff yet, Love the milf characters wish there was more of those. overall really enjoyable experience
  3. 5.00 star(s)

mtnaum

Excellent 2d art style, decent dialogue, and an incredible set of fetish scenes. Eagerly awaiting every update this game comes out with. Quite a bit of content as well, for a 0.47 version.

And since it's Unity instead of RenPy, the minigames aren't all trash-tier sidescrollers or reaction speed tests.

Check out the Christmas special too, if you like this!
  4. 2.00 star(s)

StephenClukis33

Never in any game have I HATED a Protagonist so much, he is pure evil, no redeemable qualities whatsoever, he manipulates characters around him who are generally good natured, I get that he supposedly has split personalities, but wouldn't that give the author/creator of this game the perfect opportunity to give the player the choice on which actions to take Good/Evil?

At the end of the day that's what most of these games are supposed to be about, but you have no control of his actions in the game sadly as the animations are very well done & quite unique I gave up on the game when he ended up being just a violent masochist.

**I have noticed a number of my reviews have been taken down, even though they are LEGITIMATE reviews of the games contents, but I have finally realized that if you review a game & give it LOWER than 3 stars then 9 times out of 10 your review will be removed for BS reasons even though you can plainly see my review is REVIEWING THE GAMES CONTENTS**
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Ninro

could have been far far better, mc's penis is too goddamn big, sexe scenes are not that good, story is alright, models are very good, it has a lot of potential but sadly wasted, I don't think that I'll play future updates
  6. 4.00 star(s)

YuuMoka

Great game, story is really adicting and i cant wait for further uptates, the dialogue has some bugs like it callin you peter (The MC) even if you changed your name, the artwork is great and the scenes are really long like the mcs schlong xD , if you wanna complete the gallery make sure you dont miss the 3rd gerda booty call like i did because i had no saves so i had to replay the game till that part just to get it and then continued my first playthrough , they also did a great job at getting a lot of fetishes in the game and still making a good story that didnt feel like a mish mash of different scenes ohh yeah if you are between playing the game now or waiting for more uptates i recomend starting now and getting to the last uptate and then waiting for more , because it took me hours upon hours to get to the 100% scene counter (i read every bit of text there was if you skip you would be quicker obviously). i think that all i have to say for now

4/5 Because nothing is perfect
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Joey's Conscience

In Taffy Tales, you play as this kid, who gets involved in a car accident and develops a split personality. The "good" half is an incredibly dense, spineless kid. The "bad" half is a psycopath, completely devoid of any sense of empathy. So you get 2 terrible MCs for the price of 1.

This would seem to be a setup for your typical light/dark path kind of game. At the beginning, the game even hints at this, telling you about different routes depending on your choices. That couldn't be further from the truth. Right at the start, the doctor calls you asking about your condition. The game gives you a choice of lying to him and say everything is okay, or asking for help in dealing with your alter ego. If you try to ask for help, the game tells you that's not been implemented yet, and forces you to tell him you're fine. Then what was even the point of giving me a choice anyway? From there, the "bad" half basically takes over, driving every plot in the game.

To put into perspective how much of a piece of shit the MC is, I'm gonna describe the beginning of a path, early on. You meet this woman with a sad expression on her face named Clara. She's poor, divorced, and works as a janitor for the school. She's constantly harrassed by students and staff in front of her son, who is his own bag of problems. Despite this, she was always friendly with MC before the accident. So how does this new MC decide to engage this innocent woman, who's life sucks enough as is? He decides to rape her, wearing a Jason mask, in the school's bathroom. Then uses photos of said rape to blackmail her into slavery. Of course then the game proceeds with "oh, she eventually likes it", like so many games do, as if it would make raping any better.

This wouldn't be so bad if I could just avoid Clara's path, as most of the others are much more to my liking. But turns out you can't. Despite looking like a sandbox, most paths are actually dependant on one another. So if there's a kink or a girl you're not much of a fan, or would rather chase after a favourite, then too bad. You're given 2-3 paths to choose from at any point, but not completing one will halt your progression. Couple that with the fact that your choices hardly matter, we are talking about a game that's way more linear than it would seem.

The writing is fine at what it's trying to do, which is to be as edgy as possible, but it has moments of pure cringe. Like the MC randomly deciding to cum on his "caretaker's" salad. The few attempts af humor and self awareness fall flat, given the dark tone of the game. The woman have varying personalities and are executed well but they all fall into some category of "secretly submissive".

Gameplay wise, despite the numerous interaction points, only 2-3 progress the plot in any way, like I mentioned before. There's a couple of bland minigames. Where the sandbox element comes up the most is when the game asks you to "find x item". These items only show up after the quest pops up, and can be anywhere on the map. And I do mean anywhere, with no rhime or reason. I've found a software disk on the floor, next to a pool in the backyard (?????).

Which finally brings me to the one outstanding quality of the game for me, which is the art. The art is really unique, detailed and well done. Unfortunatly, the lewds are not animated, which could help bring this game up from mediocrity for me, despite it's shortcomings. As it stands, static drawings can only do so much.

TL DR: Game offers you very little choice on what to do or input on what happens. Most of it's kinks are forced upon the player, and you can't stick to paths and characters you like. Gameplay is pretty bad. Art is great, but it can only do so much specially with no animation.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Dom1anon

High quality art, semi-animated scenes, interesting characters that stay interesting instead of becoming mindless paperdolls, slow but rewarding progress, lots of content and huge potential for much more, cheat options to avoid the grind.
    One of the best games out there, probably.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

metzergernstein

Pros:
    The art for this game is really good and has good writing.

Cons:
    It's a game I want to probably relax and have fun but the that stupid mechanic that probably nobody wanted was a letdown, instead of committing to the story and the art, besides that this game screams NTR everywhere, everyone has it's own fetishes and it's totally acceptable, but forcing that crap on everyone was stupid, I used to support the creator on Patreon but not anymore.

I dropped the game it's better move on to other stuff.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

poppoplowfly

Great story with really steamy scenes surrounding so many fetishes! I like this more then summer time saga due to the relationships the main character has with some of the other characters; but that is a hard choice to make when both games are so good!
  11. 5.00 star(s)

notiam_0

simply one of the game with the best story the caractere for once are not one dimensional. There is a lot of scene with a lot of fetish and more coming. The graphism are good. Play it you will never regret it!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Draccon99

Reviev as of : TT v0.47.5a

This is the type of game that you either love it or hate it, the Art becomes better and better and there's actual story/mystery that's interesting. If you like corruption themes, light BDSM and horse cock MC you will love it, The light side MC becomes less annoying as the times go too.

Its a good time to jump in and check it out since there's a ton of content now.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Madeofclay

excellent game with large milky booba can't wait until its finished which will be in another 3 yearsbut that is ok I will wait

theres so many characters also and lots ofcontent very good
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Elisa93

Excellent Art, Gameplay, and Story.

I first tried this game on release 2 years ago and saw potential so I left it on watch. Came back to it to find ample content which took me roughly 10 hours with minimal text skipping as I actually enjoyed the story and characters.

The few times I got stuck trying to get an event to trigger, this forum was more than enough help.

A developer worth the support if you can afford it.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

iloveanimation

Good game, one of my favorite on the site.
    The art style is very unique and it is refreshing to look like.
    The time it took for the last update was really long, hopefully they will get that sorted out.
    Lostraven is great keeping us updated about the game progress
  16. 1.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3036029

For me the Main Character totally makes this game unpleasant. Like he needs help, like seriously. He’s practically running around the city with a mental illness or issue and no ones doing anything about it. On one hand he’s this violent, mentally disturbed rapist and the other hand he’s a weak, awkward, beta male.

5 out of 5 for the art because it’s special. But everything else takes a nosedive from the build with the various save issues to the story. Nothing against Unity but I find them as unfulfilling as this game was.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

pazuzurulez25cm

People are being dicks with this game. It's actually good. It's a lot abot domination, a little about story and just a bit of NTR and Trap content that it's easily avoidable if that, like me, it's not your thing. It's a good game with amazing art. You should give it a chance.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Hatsui

good artwork and story ı love this game but this game has a some bug and this bugs take a very long time for example in v0-47-5a we have a quest names like spy bathroom bla bla.. this quest is fully bugged and i think this quest very important for mary and main story but it s a not a big deal just headache anyway taffy tales my fav hgame in this forum nice job i will wait for next update :)
  19. 5.00 star(s)

popoputzer

First of all the art style is just amazing.
    Second the world and all the character in it fit together and are really fun to explore.
    I really like the family plot, which got a huge update lately.
    Especially the mother and sister are very hot.
    I'm very happy that the developer is going to implement a NTR route (which is also avoidable).
    Hoping for a sex scene between darnell and the mc's mother in one of the next updates :love:
  20. 5.00 star(s)

8InchesAndCounting

Game is great, a lot better than most sandbox sex games. A ton of fetishes are at least touched upon, and if not are hinted at for the future.

Awesome update, wasn't as much content as I'd expect given the disparity between version numbers but a lot of quests/characters got moved along and some great sex scenes added. The changing characters mechanic seems really out of place, and seems like it would add much more work than is worth it, but what do I know. Main story is actually intriguing and interesting, almost all characters have a variety of content.

Don't really know why everyone is crying about NTR, unless you specifically opt-in to it, it's entirely avoidable.