Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Care to elaborate?
Right? My gut reaction is that they only read the first five bullets about the fixes in b from a - thinking that 4.5 months of work were for those fixes. OR that they read too far and think that "This patch contains many different fixes, which remove almost all known bugs. It has no new scenes or new content compared to the previous version." was meant for this version, when it was for v0.85.1 with regard to v0.82.4.
Either way, it would be interesting to know what they were expecting compared to what is in this update.

Reactions: APoc1

Grey Wolf 73

Sep 30, 2018
Care to elaborate?
This patch contains many different fixes, which remove almost all known bugs.
It has no new scenes or new content compared to the previous version.

That's What I'm referring to.
I realize code updates are sometimes needed, but it's not anything I can't see when I play the next update.
You know, since I'll have to start over and all that...

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018

I realize code updates are sometimes needed, but it's not anything I can't see when I play the next update.
You don't have to start over and there is new content this update just use the save code cheat and start at the new content. The previous version was the A version which has new content not the same as what was released 5-6 months ago.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Count Morado I am at a stand still everything is installed as it should be codecs... I even read the damn DLL's for the transport protocols looks like it is being streamed via webm which should not be an issue for me. At this point I am just going to forget about it. Thanks again for uploading the animations at least I got to see them that way.... ;)

Reactions: Count Morado

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022

Exactly what I thought you read wrong. The current version - v0.89.8b - does have new scenes and new content... from the changelog:
1666497666868.png
if you played either v0.68.2 or v0.82.4/v0.85.1 - there is new content for you and you can use the save code to load the save to start at that new content.

What you misread was part of the changelog for v0.85.1 talking about how it was different from v0.82.4 that had been released a month earlier. See my post directly above yours of me predicting this:
OR that they read too far and think that "This patch contains many different fixes, which remove almost all known bugs. It has no new scenes or new content compared to the previous version." was meant for this version, when it was for v0.85.1 with regard to v0.82.4.
You don't have to start over and there is new content this update just use the save code cheat and start at the new content. The previous version was the A version which has new content not the same as what was released 5-6 months ago.
I was right!
Count Morado I am at a stand still everything is installed as it should be codecs... I even read the damn DLL's for the transport protocols looks like it is being streamed via webm which should not be an issue for me. At this point I am just going to forget about it. Thanks again for uploading the animations at least I got to see them that way.... ;)
My guess is that it's because you are on Windows 7 and there is something in the coding of Taffy Tales or there setting in Unity on how to manage m4v for Windows 7 (like attempting to look for an installed application like Apple Quicktime or VLC or something).

chunkas

Jan 29, 2018
And I noticed that this developer did two scenes every two months. That's why it took six months.
Commendable observation, buddy! Mary sucks MC under the table in clothes - scene No 1. She does exactly the same thing there, but without clothes - scene No 2. And these TWO scenes, according to your wonderful observation, took TWO months :eek: The years go by, the grass turns green, the fans make wonderful observations, I sit in chum and sing about what I see.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Commendable observation, buddy! Mary sucks MC under the table in clothes - scene No 1. She does exactly the same thing there, but without clothes - scene No 2. And these TWO scenes, according to your wonderful observation, took TWO months :eek: The years go by, the grass turns green, the fans make wonderful observations, I sit in chum and sing about what I see.
Except that the person you are commending was wrong. First, 28 May to 11 October is not six months. It's 4 and a bit. Second, there aren't 12 lewd/sex scenes. There are 14. Third, there is more art in Taffy Tales than the lewd/sex scenes. Not to mention the writing and the coding for the update.

There are things to find wrong with this update, I've stated my peace of mind on it already. However, people don't need to use misunderstandings and mistruths to do so. I was ignoring the entitlement and falsity of that comment but since you decided to spotlight the gaslight, I decided it needed doused.

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
Glad to hear the thanks normally I would respond with a "Like" but I am out of them at the moment enjoy the game. There can be bugs in the game some of them can be solved others don't seem to have solutions yet (@#*## F-ing animations not playing for me.... ). Its a good game though despite some of its issue I think they will be solved in time. :unsure:
It's understandable to run out of "likes", but never run out of "love, i.e. Red Hearts".

chunkas

Jan 29, 2018
Except that the person you are commending was wrong. First, 28 May to 11 October is not six months. It's 4 and a bit. Second, there aren't 12 lewd/sex scenes. There are 14. Third, there is more art in Taffy Tales than the lewd/sex scenes. Not to mention the writing and the coding for the update.

There are things to find wrong with this update, I've stated my peace of mind on it already. However, people don't need to use misunderstandings and mistruths to do so. I was ignoring the entitlement and falsity of that comment but since you decided to spotlight the gaslight, I decided it needed doused.
Relax, buddy. You have such a serious approach to this game. Have you ever had accountants in your family before? You calculate everything, build various histograms, etc. Nice to see.
And Yes, I don't command anyone. My post is just sarcasm caused by another "milking" from Uber.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
what is the MPC-HC tool....???
by any chance, how can I use it to play Unity files ?
Media player classic its a stand along video player. The only reason I was using it was that Count Morado ripped a video from the stream and uploaded for me so I could test the codecs on my rig. It can not extract Unity files by itself just a player.

I believe Count Morado already mentioned the software he was using Asset Studio, I have no idea if that is behind a pay wall, I suspect it might be.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
It's understandable to run out of "likes", but never run out of "love, i.e. Red Hearts".
The reactions we give(Likes , hearts, facepalms...) are limited in use to 40 in a rolling 24 hour period if you use them all up you will be out until you get to the last time you used one. Lets say you use one at 7:45 am and then you use the other 39 before the end of the day( before 7:45am the next day) you would have to wait until 7:45 am the next morning for that one reaction to become available for use again. As each new time you last used a reaction another one becomes available for use.

I never run out of Love but I do run out of Hearts :)

• Love
Reactions: CutieLvr

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Exactly what I thought you read wrong. The current version - v0.89.8b - does have new scenes and new content... from the changelog:
View attachment 2117836
if you played either v0.68.2 or v0.82.4/v0.85.1 - there is new content for you and you can use the save code to load the save to start at that new content.

What you misread was part of the changelog for v0.85.1 talking about how it was different from v0.82.4 that had been released a month earlier. See my post directly above yours of me predicting this:

I was right!
My guess is that it's because you are on Windows 7 and there is something in the coding of Taffy Tales or there setting in Unity on how to manage m4v for Windows 7 (like attempting to look for an installed application like Apple Quicktime or VLC or something).

Not sure, I am fairly certain others are running W7 still. I have the codecs required to run MV4 and webm I also have VLC but I am pretty sure Unity is not relying on companion software to play a standalone game. I can see nothing in the Unity manual about needing such software in order for animations to function inside the game other than having the proper codecs installed on your machine. I suspect it has to do with the transport protocol( the streaming of assets). What ever the case I have not been seeing this issue with others so it is an issue with my rig most likely not the game its self.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
How do I get the MC to sneak into the girl's shower?
how to complete the "prank" on max?

Both of you need to provide more info when asking for help.
The Shower is either through the door in the school or using a ladder outside the window.
The max thing is long running starts with you getting the dog food from the store ends after multiple instances of Max being naughty with Mary and Tiffany , if you got the dog food already then visit the Kitchen in the day time and click on Mary, I think one time in the back yard and after Mary's sequences are complete then Tiffany one time IIRC

Reactions: Stil996

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Not sure, I am fairly certain others are running W7 still. I have the codecs required to run MV4 and webm I also have VLC but I am pretty sure Unity is not relying on companion software to play a standalone game. I can see nothing in the Unity manual about needing such software in order for animations to function inside the game other than having the proper codecs installed on your machine. I suspect it has to do with the transport protocol( the streaming of assets). What ever the case I have not been seeing this issue with others so it is an issue with my rig most likely not the game its self.
there have been others reporting missing scenes/black screens, so I'm fairly certain you aren't alone with this issue. I don't think it's a big leap too wonder if they have similar rigs though.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
how to complete the "prank" on max?
Wait is there an actual quest to play a prank "on" Max...WTF... DO NOT prank my dog!!!!
Isn't it play a prank "with" Max? The poor pooch hasn't had any tail in such a long time, and he's been such a good boy!! We need to fix that.

Reactions: jackkane
3.50 star(s) 351 Votes