Grifter

Feb 1, 2018
Idk why, doesn't matter what windows mirror i choose, the download fails every time. Its driving me crazy.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Idk why, doesn't matter what windows mirror i choose, the download fails every time. Its driving me crazy.
It must me something on your end - either your browser, settings, or is your HD full? I just downloaded successfully from both Mega and Workupload simultaneously to test it out.

Grifter

Feb 1, 2018
It must me something on your end - either your browser, settings, or is your HD full? I just downloaded successfully from both Mega and Workupload simultaneously to test it out.
I got like, 40Gbs free on the drive i download to. It only happens with this game. Once it reaches almost the end, it fails every time :/

Edit:
I used the Mega link, but without using the desktop app and it worked!

Last edited:
Reactions: Count Morado

Lord Momon

Mar 19, 2019
After downloading this game and/or the standalones I get a message that there is a file that creates a backdoor, which allows whoever control about my PC. Same thing for you guys?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
After downloading this game and/or the standalones I get a message that there is a file that creates a backdoor, which allows whoever control about my PC. Same thing for you guys?
No. Which link did you download from? I am assuming not Mega or Workupload. What is the full name of the file that you downloaded (including the file type)? You should have downloaded Taffy_Tales_0.89.8b_win.zip - if you downloaded something different, that's what's causing it for you. Sounds like you downloaded a fake file that either Mixdrop or Uploadhaven snuck in on you because you're not using a sufficient adblocker or not watching what the extension of the file is.

Lord Momon

Mar 19, 2019
No. Which link did you download from? I am assuming not Mega or Workupload. What is the full name of the file that you downloaded (including the file type)? You should have downloaded Taffy_Tales_0.89.8b_win.zip - if you downloaded something different, that's what's causing it for you. Sounds like you downloaded a fake file that either Mixdrop or Uploadhaven snuck in on you because you're not using a sufficient adblocker or not watching what the extension of the file is.
I indeed used the MEGA link and downloaded the correct files, which you just pointed out. My Microsoft Defender still pointed out that there was a backdoor created. I will retry tomorrow, after preparing some relatively safe space in my data, and give an update. Most interesting was that this happened with the standalones too, especially since you have to get one of those without MEGA.

• Angry
Reactions: qaqa960123

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
I indeed used the MEGA link and downloaded the correct files, which you just pointed out. My Microsoft Defender still pointed out that there was a backdoor created. I will retry tomorrow, after preparing some relatively safe space in my data, and give an update. Most interesting was that this happened with the standalones too, especially since you have to get one of those without MEGA.
It's likely due to the majority of art assets are streamed into the game through a port. also this game relies on the Registry for save and config info so it could also be that that defender is picking up on. This is not the only game using these methods.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Was it Trojan.Generic.XXXX ? (with XXXX being something like hpekt or similar?)
What are of the world do you live in?
What site did you download from?
What browser did you use to download?
What version of windows are you using (Windows 7, 8, 10, 11)?
Is it 64bit or 32bit?
What was the final name of the file (including file type) that you downloaded?

I'm seeing several threads with messages like this, but only certain people are getting this virus notification. I have a hypothesis.
It's likely due to the majority of art assets are streamed into the game through a port. also this game relies on the Registry for save and config info so it could also be that that defender is picking up on. This is not the only game using these methods.
There are a couple other threads I'm seeing this in all of a sudden. I think it is one (or a couple) of countries that is effected which tells me that Microsoft Defender has different virus definitions depending upon certain countries. Also, the Chinese antivirus checker Jiangmin is popping with this false positive when 70+ other antivirus checkers detect nothing.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: APoc1

Lord Momon

Mar 19, 2019
Was it Trojan.Generic.XXXX ? (with XXXX being something like hpekt or similar?)
What are of the world do you live in?
What site did you download from?
What browser did you use to download?
What version of windows are you using (Windows 7, 8, 10, 11)?
Is it 64bit or 32bit?
What was the final name of the file (including file type) that you downloaded?
It was called Backdoor:Win32/Bladabindi!ml
Path was file:_E:\MEGA\.getxfer.13880.2.mega - and I think that this mightve been the problem, could be that the version of Microsoft Defender yesterday detected the MEGA App as a backdoor to my PC.
Part of the World - Europe
Download site - MEGA
Browser - Opera GX
Version - Win 10
32 or 64bit - 64
Final name was, as already described by yourself, Taffy_Tales_0.89.8b_win.

But as you might read out from above, today this hasnt happened. I formatted one of my harddisks and redid it, and now the Defender runs over it without problems.

Reactions: Count Morado

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
It was called Backdoor:Win32/Bladabindi!ml
Path was file:_E:\MEGA\.getxfer.13880.2.mega - and I think that this mightve been the problem, could be that the version of Microsoft Defender yesterday detected the MEGA App as a backdoor to my PC.
Part of the World - Europe
Download site - MEGA
Browser - Opera GX
Version - Win 10
32 or 64bit - 64
Final name was, as already described by yourself, Taffy_Tales_0.89.8b_win.

But as you might read out from above, today this hasnt happened. I formatted one of my harddisks and redid it, and now the Defender runs over it without problems.
It's not an app. getxfer.XXXXX.mega is MEGA's temporary name of a file while it is downloading (not unlike how Chrome uses Unconfirmed XXXX.crdownload to name a file in process of being downloaded) -- It might just be that the partial download tripped something as a false positive while in the process. The fickle finger of fate happened to point in just the wrong direction while the file was downloading for you at the time.

Good for you that all is well.

Sadly for me, your false positive isn't the same that has been popping up in the past month or so on this site for various threads.

asdasdsad3

Mar 27, 2023
Whoa, that's a long thread... I seem to be stuck (0.89.8b) - the only thing in the tasks is "Maybe I should chill in my room a bit". I've done it for several days now, and nothing changes. Opened scenes is at 22.3%. What am I missing?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Whoa, that's a long thread... I seem to be stuck (0.89.8b) - the only thing in the tasks is "Maybe I should chill in my room a bit". I've done it for several days now, and nothing changes. Opened scenes is at 22.3%. What am I missing?
Yup, it's a long thread. That's why there's a search function in the upper right corner. Though, you are the first to ask this specific question. Congratulations.

Are you sure that is the only task you have in your list? Because this video shows that as soon as the MC goes in his room, the task completes:
facts. donate 5,000 right now and they will surely speed up things. and if you're into ntr, just tell them that u want more ntr in it.
I wouldn't speed up if I got a 5,000 dono. I would stay the course (and hope someone else donates another 5000).

Timendo

NTR Connoisseur
Donor
Jan 31, 2018
Update news!
Hello everyone,
We’ve been working hard on the latest update, all within March, we've managed to add 5 new updated locations, 4 new animations, several new items, over 50 CGs and over 200+ pages of script.
Well, it’s been a productive month, to say the least.

We’re also working on improving the open-world elements of the game, starting with introducing over 30+ more mini-talks where you can interact with characters and things as you move around the world, and hopefully, we have a few other surprises waiting for you all too!
Suffice to say, we’re very excited to show you all the latest updates. We think some particular fans are going to be especially pleased:)
For now, though, it’s back to work.
Thank you all so much, as always, for your support,
Without you, none of this would be possible,
-The Taffy Tales Team
‘If only all gardening was done by scantily clad busty women… A man can dream.’

Personal thoughts : " We think some particular fans are going to be especially pleased:) " IT'S US ? NTR LOVERS ?

jeniffer water5.png

Jun 7, 2019
The lighting does seem AI Generated I don’t think Uber has ever done his lighting like that it usually has a gloom vibe to it either way the arts been changing a lot the past two years

3.50 star(s) 351 Votes