bansdebar

Jan 11, 2019
Time for the update gamble! The one who gets closest gets a year long supply of Yorkshire tea all paid from their own wallet!

Based on that Uber said a few more teasers before the next update (incl note that they are playtesting) I'll say the next update is 4 July 2023 10:05:34

• Haha
Reactions: mrttao and reeroll

Ih8figs

Jun 13, 2022
Time for the update gamble! The one who gets closest gets a year long supply of Yorkshire tea all paid from their own wallet!

Based on that Uber said a few more teasers before the next update (incl note that they are playtesting) I'll say the next update is 4 July 2023 10:05:34
Next update about playtesting 4th of July.
Nother' update July 11th.
The actual playable update 18th of July.

Gonna preemptively get my tea now.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Well, you can’t say that about the summertime saga update, so at least this game has that going for it.
:coffee: I can understand how Summertime saga have ended up in the spot they have, so I do hope they're able to release their update sooner rather than later.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: nohow055

crabshank

Jul 5, 2020
:coffee: I can understand how Summertime saga have ended up in the spot they have, so I do hope they're able to release their update sooner rather than later.
do the controversial thing and give your unfiltered opinion there's nooooo wayyyyy you'll catch grief over it, i promise with both my claws:lepew:

capicoli

Mar 8, 2018
I wonder if this will make it out before light of my life does. It really seems like one of the updates (either the regular or the NTR) is holding back the other since they want a simultaneous release.

bluewolfzer

Jun 18, 2022
I wonder if this will make it out before light of my life does. It really seems like one of the updates (either the regular or the NTR) is holding back the other since they want a simultaneous release.
I think the update will come soon, they did say they were in the play testing phase.

91osiris77

Jun 26, 2022
I follow the updates of games like Demons Deals and A very full house...among others, and I can say that the time between updates is long, but taking into account the size of the update I want to believe that the balance is there. For example, Demons Deals updates every 3 months and adds 4 or 5 scenes, and A very Full House every 20 days adding 1 or 2 scenes with some images.
I hope, when the update comes out, it's worth it. It's been 2 times that I subscribe to the patreon thinking that there was a new update

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Well, you can’t say that about the summertime saga update, so at least this game has that going for it.
I follow the updates of games like Demons Deals and A very full house...among others, and I can say that the time between updates is long, but taking into account the size of the update I want to believe that the balance is there. For example, Demons Deals updates every 3 months and adds 4 or 5 scenes, and A very Full House every 20 days adding 1 or 2 scenes with some images.
I hope, when the update comes out, it's worth it. It's been 2 times that I subscribe to the patreon thinking that there was a new update
Discussing other games in a game thread is off-topic. That said, 91osiris77 's understanding of DD's update timeframe is about a year old - they are at 5-7 months at this time. Also, comparing games' update cycles is not reasonable - every development team has their own challenges and strengths, as well as differing process management and end goals.
1685173209727.png

In the end, each of the updates for Taffy Tales has shown, for the most part, that the amount of content (and/or game revisions) has shown the amount of time taken for the update to be reasonable.

secretlarrs

May 11, 2020
I played Demon Deals 0.4 last july, and they are currently at 0.5, so... TT updates have usually had 10-20 scenes the last couple of years, and been updated roughly 2-3 times a year. If you are happy with the other games cycle, I don't think this will disappoint.

Reactions: Alandir
3.50 star(s) 351 Votes