Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
should i download the previous version or just the new one?
I have a feeling I am going to need to add my response to my FAQ the next time I post it. This seems like an obvious answer, but it is getting asked quite a bit:
  • To start from Day 1 or the content from the previous update: download and play v0.89.8 (Season 1-4) and then,
  • To start at new content (Day 144): download and play v0.95.7 (Season 5)
I saw that too, but considering that this was this guys debute, and the response was so negative, it starts to reason his role in the development in this game might be called into question. Just based on my own work experience anyway. I wonder how much responsibility Uber takes for that? At very least they should be reviewing whether they want to continue that path or retcon it.
I've seen netorare fans both complain and fawn over the content. It's the urination fetish in the netorare route and the scat fetish in the main route that seems to get the consistent heat for the respective route fans (at least what I am reading here and in discord) outside of the usual sour grapes and the missing announced content. I also think the overall content sucked in both routes and no one is calling for lostraven to be fired for the main route.

Uberpie should be taking responsibility for any complaints, legitimate or not, that's his role as lead developer - his is the final word on including content. Even lostraven has stated he's nothing but a hired gun, tries to influence but in the end it's Uberpie's decision and he writes the content he's asked to write. I am 99.44% sure the scat and urination fetishes are Uberpie's ideas. I am similarly sure for many of the decisions for this update. Whether or not Uberpie takes responsibility is a whole other issue.

I think it will eventually be retconned, just like the main route was retconned back in v0.82.4. They should have started the netorare route at the beginning and not on Day 144 and that had to be an Uberpie decision. They had several points of entry already scripted in the early part of the game to branch off from. He chose to do this the hard way instead of simply building off what they already had. Until they may retcon, they will need to patch the beginning points to the new content in this update as they roll out the downloadable Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4 with the split of main route and netorare route included. They will eventually find they wrote themselves into a corner and that's when the retcon discussion will probably occur.

Last edited:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I have a feeling I am going to need to add my response to my FAQ the next time I post it. This seems like an obvious answer, but it is getting asked quite a bit:
  • To start from Day 1 or the content from the previous update: download and play v0.89.8 (Season 1-4) and then,
  • To start at new content (Day 144): download and play v0.95.7 (Season 5)
I've seen netorare fans both complain and fawn over the content. It's the urination fetish in the netorare route and the scat fetish in the main route that seems to get the consistent heat for the respective route fans (at least what I am reading here and in discord) outside of the usual sour grapes and the missing announced content. I also think the overall content sucked in both routes and no one is calling for lostraven to be fired for the main route.

Uberpie should be taking responsibility for any complaints, legitimate or not, that's his role as lead developer - his is the final word on including content. Even lostraven has stated he's nothing but a hired gun, tries to influence but in the end it's Uberpie's decision and he writes the content he's asked to write. I am 99.44% sure the scat and urination fetishes are Uberpie's ideas. I am similarly sure for many of the decisions for this update. Whether or not Uberpie takes responsibility is a whole other issue.

I think it will eventually be retconned, just like the main route was retconned back in v0.82.4. They should have started the netorare route at the beginning and not on Day 144 and that had to be an Uberpie decision. They had several points of entry already scripted in the early part of the game to branch off from. He chose to do this the hard way instead of simply building off what they already had. Until they may retcon, they will need to patch the beginning points to the new content in this update as they roll out the downloadable Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4 with the split of main route and netorare route included. They will eventually find they wrote themselves into a corner and that's when the retcon discussion will probably occur.
  1. I never said anyone was calling for a firing and
  2. LostRaven has the advantage of time served, tried and tested.
  3. "should take responsibly" is not equal to "does take responsibility".
(I know nothing about Ubers ethics except his willingness to cave to whiners)

Even if the New Guy doesn't get outright blamed, there is always the old "well sorry but it didn't work out with you, we have decided to explore different directions with different people" line.

I don't think there is a problem starting the NTR route this late, there are a lot of ways NTR could be reasonably triggered, Reds decisions could all easily backfire, Piss off the Principle and he could suddenly decide to send all the student LI's to detention with Darnell and Roger. Mary & Clara could be called in for some private counseling. Sara is still a junky and vulnerable to anyone with access to the drugs she craves.
And that's before you consider he is up against an organised Criminal enterprise, these powerful figures standing in the shadows could easily kidnap and drug anyone they like, they are the ones with the Hypno drugs & the Bimbo Drugs and god knows what other shit.

Strictly speaking Red should never have stood a chance, why they felt the need to neuter him boggles my mind.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I am 99.44% sure the scat and urination fetishes are Uberpie's ideas. I am similarly sure for many of the decisions for this update.
I concur.

Uberpie always seemed to have a penchant for the more extreme, which sometimes had to be toned down in later rewrites. Plus it's highly unlikely that anyone but the main guy would even have tried to drop in something so controversial out of the blue.
Chances are the offending scenes will just be made skippable, as that's the least work, which apparently is the main priority now.

Skyc9

Sep 2, 2019
Someone has a full save of the latest version? .. i already ended the content but it seems that i missed a scene of the main route.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Someone has a full save of the latest version? .. i already ended the content but it seems that i missed a scene of the main route.
I recommend reading #4 in the 72nd posting of my FAQ on the previous page: #29,747, as well as #1.

Also, the one scene you are missing is because you chose between ass and pussy when you played it. Replay the scene from the gallery and choose the other. Done, full gallery. Easily figured out if a person takes 10 seconds to see where the missing scene is and then why.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I play the whole game but cant go to beatrix office any help guy?
If you played the whole v0.89.8 (Season 1-4) - she wasn't introduced yet.
If you played the whole netorare (ntr) route in v0.95.7 (Season 5) - you went to her office.
If you played the whole main route in v0.95.7 (Season 5) - she isn't in that route, currently.

PepegaCL

Oct 23, 2020
If you played the whole v0.89.8 (Season 1-4) - she wasn't introduced yet.
If you played the whole netorare (ntr) route in v0.95.7 (Season 5) - you went to her office.
If you played the whole main route in v0.95.7 (Season 5) - she isn't in that route, currently.
thanks

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
How many times
The poster quests are two rounds (photos, edit, print, hang) - you are to hang them in the school hallway within the allotted time limit each time. If you don't - I believe you have to repeat it until you do. If you find you have hanged the posters both rounds within the time limits and still are looping - you should load a save prior to getting the first photo quest or start over at the beginning of the update.

zhuguannan1

Sep 9, 2017
the matter with this game, i played 2 hours, most of the contents are all wordy as fk males talking shit to my face... I don't mind take it slow but wtf
and why do I sense this is gonna be another hevily ntr-ed game

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
the matter with this game, i played 2 hours, most of the contents are all wordy as fk males talking shit to my face... I don't mind take it slow but wtf
Don't know which version you are playing - but yes, the game at its basic component is a point-and-click VN and there is a lot of dialogue. However, if you skip the dialogue, many times you will miss what you need to do to complete tasks and then you'll be really ticked that you can't figure things out.

bobofthebush

Jun 9, 2017
On reflection I do find what Uberpie decides to cave to really strange. He caves to a few loud people who whine and say they don't want NTR. Not prepared to cave to, what I suspect are, the vast majority who want him to stop being so lazy and draw the artwork instead of relying on AI. I wonder how many people need to stop backing him before he decides to start doing the artwork again.

Pick_A_Name

Jun 6, 2021
Hi Count, thanks for your efforts.
But I don't see any link for v0.95.7b. My version is fubar and I'm stuck in a deathloop with the posters in school mission.
So i'm desperate for a fix version, but can't find one anywhere.
Note: The below links are valid if you are looking for v0.95.7b, the bugfix for v0.95.7a - the content and game play is the same

v0.95.7a speed run gameplay playthrough videos - Main Route and Netorare (NTR) Route.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
All the full-size sprites (536 images - both routes, not sorted/spoilered) in v0.95.7a (359.68 MB) - There are a few images that weren't included in this update (from old updates, etc).

All the animations (14 m4v videos - both routes, not sorted/spoilered) in v0.95.7a (66.53 MB).

All the audio files (74 mp3s, converted from wavs) in v0.95.7a (185.56 MB) - these could be all the audio files from all the versions of Taffy Tales to date.
What did I miss in your post?
Any guidance is much appreciated.
Ciao

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I wonder how many people need to stop backing him before he decides to start doing the artwork again.
Doubt it will ever happen that he will ditch AI completely. He's still doing some percentage of his own artwork. However, it's obviously he's using AI to create more art quicker. The whole point of AI is to lighten the workload - so you get more art through spending less time/money on it. It's "free" labor ... well, cheaper labor than even taking the time to do it from scratch, himself. Lower subscribers means less money which means he has to make cuts in costs, and free/cheap labor wouldn't get the chopping block.

Also, that isn't likely to happen anytime soon. Some time today, he will break his previous record of subscribers on Patreon with 3 weeks left in the month to go even higher. He might break the top 10 Patreon adult video game creator (by subscriber numbers) for the first time by the end of the month, as well. He's currently #12 and at the beginning of June, he was #20.
Hi Count, thanks for your efforts.
But I don't see any link for v0.95.7b. My version is fubar and I'm stuck in a deathloop with the posters in school mission.
So i'm desperate for a fix version, but can't find one anywhere.

What did I miss in your post?
Any guidance is much appreciated.
Ciao
You missed the first line in my post.
1688927501220.png
"b" doesn't contain any different content/paths/options over "a"

If you can't do anything to get out of your loop as it is. You need to do the common sense, obvious things - either:
  1. Load a save prior to the first photo session with Chantelle and trying again, or
  2. Start at the beginning of v0.95.7 again
If you are using v0.95.7b - that means you got it from somewhere else (not from links here). If you are a patreon subscriber - you should go to Uberpie's discord to seek help. I mean, anyone can go to the discord to seek help, but there's also a subscriber only section, I believe, and they may have more info (though, I doubt it, because his moderator doesn't appear to have better info than we're giving here).

Reactions: Pick_A_Name

Pick_A_Name

Jun 6, 2021
Hi Count, thanks for the timely advice.
I didn't miss the first line, in fact this is what lead to my confusion, or misinterpretation.

"Note: The below links are valid if you are looking for v0.95.7b, the bugfix for v0.95.7a - "

Sounds to me like you'd posted a link to v0.95.7b. My bad.
Thanks again. I'll abide.

zhuguannan1

Sep 9, 2017
Don't know which version you are playing - but yes, the game at its basic component is a point-and-click VN and there is a lot of dialogue. However, if you skip the dialogue, many times you will miss what you need to do to complete tasks and then you'll be really ticked that you can't figure things out.
Thanks for replying. So if I understaned correctly, there are certain points/stages in the game that when you passed them without fulfilling certain conditions, you will miss events/scenes, and this could happen a LOT?
P.S, For the record, I didn't skip any dialogue, even through I'm not a native speaker of english, I normally don't skip lores, but this one... jeeezzz...

3.50 star(s) 351 Votes