Redelin

Sep 20, 2017
It wasn't hard to do the math. The 1st goal was 6k$, the second was 2 times more - 12 respectively. Now about $5,300 in subscriptions. On Patreon it is impossible to determine earnings, because everything was hidden there, but there is a range from 12 to 37 thousand dollars (information taken from the first site by searching for "statistics Patreon"). And you can draw your own conclusions, as for me - for a start on another platform is very good
I must have missed that part, I never saw an explicit dollar amount on their substar page, although I always looked at it on mobile. The only thing I ever saw was a percentage bar. If what you say is true then they are doing WAY better then I thought. The silence on their part is a little worrying though. I seriously hope that if what you say is true that they just focus on the next update rather than tailoring the game for steam. Especially with substar allowing them to get away with more than patreon, making a steam clean version would be a waste of time on their part (and they already wasted so much time making the 1st season 5 update)

succhiale

Mar 25, 2024
I must have missed that part, I never saw an explicit dollar amount on their substar page, although I always looked at it on mobile. The only thing I ever saw was a percentage bar. If what you say is true then they are doing WAY better then I thought. The silence on their part is a little worrying though. I seriously hope that if what you say is true that they just focus on the next update rather than tailoring the game for steam. Especially with substar allowing them to get away with more than patreon, making a steam clean version would be a waste of time on their part (and they already wasted so much time making the 1st season 5 update)
Maybe you misunderstood me. Right now, SS has an income of $5,300. On the Patreon it was in the range of 12 to 37. This is great for a start, but there is room to grow. Now they are focusing on launching on Steam, all the news is in Discord, you can go and read. And about the percentage scale - that's exactly how I calculated it, when it was, I added up all the subscriptions, multiplied by 100 and divided by the percentage I had at the time - that's how I determined that the first goal was $6k and the second $12k. I'm just not quite sure why they hid those goals.

memelman

Nov 18, 2017
Why does this game pretend to be a sandbox?

All the different characters paths are so intertwined that you basically have to play it in a certain order to advance. And it usually isn't immediately clear which character the game wants you to advance next. While I prefer sandbox to VN, the way this game actually works would be so much less frustrating in a VN format.

I had quite a bit of frustration when I last tried to play it due to wanting to make progress with just a couple characters (mom and sister), but was forced to progress pretty much every other character in the game to try to advance the characters I was actually interested in.

In the end, I never even was able to progress the characters I was interested in very far before I gave up on the game.

Last edited:

Thatlostone

Feb 3, 2024
When will we ever fuck tiffany like Just give us the damn update bruh. Prolonging the inevitable also when is the next update expected to arrive?
It should've already happened in at least one of the routes, but here we are lol. No date for the next update yet.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I was talking about this "
In light of this, if this is the end of the road for me with Taffy Tales, (for whatever reason).
Then I hope at the very least, I'll be able to see some familiar faces with my own project you can find here". but it just looks like if there's budget cuts because of the switch he feels like he might get cut.
"Budget cuts" was not what that post was about.

It was about the possibility of no revenue because of Uberpie's Patreon account getting removed. It was posted on the day it was removed by Patreon. At that time Uberpie was considering to simply stop development where it was, perhaps taking time to attempt to take what was already developed to submit a version for consideration for Steam to review.

Although we don't have anyone copy/pasting Subscribestar posts ( o7 to Timendo for taking it for the team for so many months by subscribing on Patreon, even when their desired content was never fully realized and decided to cut their losses, even before Patreon pulled Uberpie's page) - the headline of the latest post on Subscribestar should tell you what you need to know:
1711754763479.png

Jan 3, 2021
"Seasons 1-4" aren't finished - there is still netorare route content that needs added and then sharing/friendship route content - or they need to close up some options that would lead to those separate routes that are in those "seasons." And knowing Uberpie, they'll probably fiddle with other stuff in that part.
https://f95zone.to/search/355138678/?q=study+is+not+waiting&t=post&c[thread]=9861&o=datewho said lostraven is "done" with Taffy Tales?
You are right I just updated and all my saves from .8b are not compatible with the current version. You've got to be shitting me. What an incompetent developer.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
You are right I just updated and all my saves from .b aren't not compatible with the current version. You've got to be shitting me. What an incompetent developer.
what do you mean ".b"? Saves have usually been compatible between bugfixes (for example: v0.89.8a -> b -> c etc - saves should work).

Saves between different versions (v0.89.8b -> v1.07.3c) have never worked and except for a couple of instances, that is why there has been a preloaded save to use a code to start at new content.

None of the content from "Seasons 1-4" is supposed to be accessible in "Season 5" (and vice versa) - because they are self-containted.
edit: Also, nothing a player does in "Seasons 1-4" affects what they do in "Season 5" (and vice versa)

Jan 3, 2021
what do you mean ".b"? Saves have usually been compatible between bugfixes (for example: v0.89.8a -> b -> c etc - saves should work).

Saves between different versions (v0.89.8b -> v1.07.3c) have never worked and except for a couple of instances, that is why there has been a preloaded save to use a code to start at new content.

None of the content from "Seasons 1-4" is supposed to be accessible in "Season 5" (and vice versa) - because they are self-containted.
Well I just switched from v0.89.8b to v0.89.8c and none of my saves are showing up plus it says saves from previous versions are not currently compatible :FacePalm: so I assume that means v0.89.8b and anything below.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Well I just switched from v0.89.8b to v0.89.8c and none of my saves are showing up plus it says saves from previous versions are not currently compatible :FacePalm: so I assume that means v0.89.8b and anything below.
Right, saves from previous versions are not compatible (v0.85.1b to v0.89.8b for example) - but your v0.89.8b to v0.89.8c should work... what platform are you using? In the past for android users, there were problems reported at times with saves migrating a -> b -> c because android saw each as a different application - not the same with simply bugfixes.

That said - there was nothing new in v0.89.8c, anyway. Simply a bugfix. You could always try to go back to v0.89.8b and see if your saves from that one reappear. Again, you aren't missing any content staying with b.

Jan 3, 2021
Right, saves from previous versions are not compatible (v0.85.1b to v0.89.8b for example) - but your v0.89.8b to v0.89.8c should work... what platform are you using? In the past for android users, there were problems reported at times with saves migrating a -> b -> c because android saw each as a different application - not the same with simply bugfixes.

That said - there was nothing new in v0.89.8c, anyway. Simply a bugfix. You could always try to go back to v0.89.8b and see if your saves from that one reappear. Again, you aren't missing any content staying with b.
Windows 10. I rolled back to 8b and all the saves are showing up. Idk if this is happening to everybody or just me but saves from 8b aren't working on 8c.

Reactions: Count Morado

Hotshot 3001

Dec 29, 2019
I heard the team is all back together
so does that mean we will see more of the NTR path
cause honestly I can't wait to see the MC gets sissified and cucked

3.50 star(s) 342 Votes