Unity - Taffy Tales [S5 v1.07.3c] [UberPie]

1. 1.00 star(s)

libral

The latest update is a few scenes that last maybe half an hour and uses terrible AI art. If the game was pushing out a lot of updates and was otherwise making progress AI art is forgivable in some situations but not in this one. The story has gotten worse, the new art doesn't match the old art and they're starting the plot split so there's even less content. This update took nearly a year to complete and it's not integrated with the rest of the game at all so the current game is a tiny sliver of content with a completely nonsensical NTR plot added onto it. The nosedive in quality is a sign to move on.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Kaliba

Story: 2/5

Main story currently almost non exsitent. Its seems the focus is more on individual character stories which play out almost everytime the same. The male character, or more specific the alter ego that leads the progression called 'RED', is an absolute dick and more or less transforms every woman into a submissive slut. Meaning assholes are the kings in taffy tales, they get the rewards at the end.

Writing:4/5
    The writing itself is good. No broken english and the h-scenes are described 'extensivly'.

Art:3/5
    While most of the time the art is good and unique. The main problem is consistency, the woman seem to look different in a lot of scenes. Sometimes older characters suddenly seem junger (or vice versa), the facial shapes and skin colors vary. It could be that multiple artists work on the project(?).

OST:2/5
    Often the same soundtrack, little variation.

Conclusion:2.5/5
    One dimensional theme/story (assholes win) with one dimensional characters. Art that varies in quality and consistency.

Note:
    Although it is pointed out in the overview that NTR is completely optional, it seems that more focus is placed on this fetish from update to update.

With the last update (v0-95-7), a completely independent NTR route was added that accounts for more than 30% of the scenes. In my opinion a very questionable decision, given that this fetish can really only be enjoyed by a minority, while being unplayable and funded by the rest. But that's a problem the current parteons have to deal with. (Who aren't exactly happy with the new content distribution from what i've heard. :whistle:)
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Pagoramix

[v0.95.7]
    Been following the game for a couple years now and honestly, it was real nice in the beginning. But it got worse overtime until this moment where i don't even know why am playin anymore.

To put it in a few word, promising story is goin in circle for quite some years now, so are the situation (girl don't like you, make girl to like you, create again and again the same dom/sub relationship), art have degradated to the point where dev rather use AI to make it than to do it himself.

I have the feeling that as i don't know why am playin this, the author don't know what to do with the game either.

Honestly, i hoped the NTR route would freshen up the game, but it's not even as good as the main story line.

Perhaps it is time for the author to wrap it up and put an end to this instead of adding tons of girls and detour that he himself don't really have any appeal for.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Ziezn

NTR content was promised from the beginning - so complaining on that end is just pointless. However, what does hold true from all of those reviews is that the last update is 100 times worst than previous ones.

One there is a lack of depth to each path NTR or non-NTR - it's just a blueball fest.

And two, which is more egregious, is that the AI art is actually trash, literal trash. I can't believe all of Uber's patreons are okay with that, because it is seriously such a downstep from the actual art.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

HaloRio

The game is good but lags in some scenes, and needs more mouse activity. many characters to develop so hopefully you need more time to finish this game. should donate to the publisher and best wish for you
  6. 1.00 star(s)

kinkyshin

Pointless grindfest. Game isn't even worth pirating honestly.
    This is the reason why everyone complains about sandbox. You waste hours doing absolutely nothing. To make matters worse there is annoying delay every action you make because your character has to make some stupid pointless comment.
    I played this terrible game for a couple hours and I don't think I saw a single sex scene.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

reeeeee2323

The game up to its most recent update was one of the best on the website bar none. Chapters 1-4 are S-tier, and the art is impeccable. Unfortunately the developer has deemed it a necessity that AI should create the renders from here on out, and it has taken a notable dip in quality. The faces are really uncanny, and the background art is distracting and robotic. I get it, the dev really thinks this is the best way forward for production time and saves money as well, but i can no longer call this game "one of the best."

I really hope that one day the game could be updated with new human created pictures, but that is a pipe dream.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

geenius3ab

[This rating is only based on the last update]
    The first part of the game is still pretty good, the quality did get lower over time, but it was a solid 8/10. During the later updates Uber started using AI which did hurt the quality of the scenes and art, but the dude is talented and he can create quality content if he so wished. The writing also felt decent (kinda cringe at points and nonsensical, but the game itself didn't take itself too seriously) and the pacing is nice in terms of going from a sex/erotic scene to the next one.

The latest update is the start of the 2nd part. That update took a total of 8~10 months to make. I will just say that the quantity of that update was pretty respectable - all the stories and quests added will take around 1-2 hours to complete (even with skip)..
    The issue is that majority of the 1-2 hours is fluff, just go here and there, do this, get a small reward, rince and repeat. And it doesn't help that there's pretty much no penetrative action (except for 1 with Mary and 1 with Violetta [aunt] that both look horrible due to ai cg) and yes, the AI CG seems like it was just the output with no adjustments, which looks horrible and the poses and scenes no longer look as good as when the art was personally made. That makes it seem like the dev used the 8-10 months to just write quests while he left all the art to AI (which is lazy). Things just look off and the last update was the first update where I couldn't really get into any of the scenes. Even if the AI mimics the original art, the mimicry just feels completely artificial. At least when the AI CG was used in the past, it seemed like Uber at least adjusted the images afterwards, but this update didn't seem to have any "brushed up" AI CG images - I have gotten off to some low quality art in the past, and this is the first time I couldn't find anything good in the scenes.
    The writing was also lackluster and I frequently felt like using the skip button as most of the scenes had no pay-offs and the pacing of the sex scenes was crazy slow compared to the more frequent sex scenes in "part 1". Hence 1/5.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

bakkane

to be honest this game went from being my favorite game to the worst game i have ever played, it seems as if the developer just gave up suddenly on the game, as of now the art is AI generated and no longer is special, the story turned south real quick, the pacing is really slow, 10 months of waiting for this update and we received so little content for waiting, which means the patreons are basically being milked... i will be quiting this game it is a waste of time
  10. 2.00 star(s)

loventr222

Great Visuals but no rewards at all IMO. Regarding the long waiting times for new updates this is not really satisfying, I only tried the NTR route because thats what i was most excited for. I liked the teasers so far (bottle stuff) but thats only that, teasers. I hope future updates don't take too long
  11. 5.00 star(s)

DGP1099

This game is really good in the early game explain when you need to go, when you have to explore and to find the items for progress is not dificult so i really like this game 10/10 the art, this game just needs to be more animated.

It can be clearly seen that the developer has great vision for what kind of a game he wants to create and has a feel for what people what to see and experience.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

tomcody111

Used to be a great game, one of my favorite, looked foreword to the updates. However the dark side of the mc has steadily devolved from lovable devil to sadistic douchebag. 8 month wait since last update and we get literal shit Ai art and not much else. Wtf devs.
  13. 2.00 star(s)

Coolumbus

Newest update is just sad 8 months of waiting for a few poor ai cgs there are many people here coping about "so much content" but most of that is just writing that most adult game players won't care too much about and it's not like the writing is great either half of it is padding and the other half is just nonsensical/whimsical plot points (i don't care much about this it's standard wacky visual novel stuff) so i don't understand why people go so wild defending it

it's just sad to me that this was my favourite game on f95 and in the time it takes a solo dev to release a decent quality 40cg h-game they as a team managed to spit out about that same number of cgs but with ai that just looks so strange.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

lmaozedong

The latest update of this once-promising game is an absolute train wreck. The AI-generated art lacks any heart or creativity, while the inclusion of an NTR route is a tasteless misstep. It's genuinely heartbreaking to see a game with such potential spiral into such a disappointing mess.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

BeBusta

So.. this game changed and for the better. As a person having dark skin i feel like theres no games with a dark skin protagonist and this ones really good in this regard, before i hated the game the art was low tier and the mc felt like a pussy from the begining to me i had no fun playing him or reading his dialog so i emersed my self as the black dude in the game, no disrespect to the artist but some people have talent and some dont. The new art style looks much more polished and according to my taste. I really loved the gym scenes.

Really looking forward to more updates the only thing that i didnt like was the amount of content given after such a long hiatus. Amazing game overall. 8/10 +1 for the animated scenes given. Keep it up dev.

Edit: I would like to add that theres an option to completely avoid ntr from the begining so i dont understand the people crying in the review section. Bro if youre triggered play the normy version with the white mc. Also alot of people are crying because of the art aswell. Just look at the old art and new one side by side and youll see that the quality of the new one is better and it looks way more hotter. Dont read the negative reviews here just try it its like 300mb standalone. Wont take much time.
  16. 2.00 star(s)

xNurglex

Why the AI art change when the art was great ?
    Why do you have to do 2 seperate paths at the same time?
    Why did this update take 8-9 months to complete?
    Why was the update so short and content wise small for both versions?
    Why was this advertised as a MEGA UPDATE the BIGGEST ONE YET?
    Why hasn't (REDACTED) hired more people if this is the amount of content he can do in this amount of time?

2/5 at least future updates should focus on 1 path at a time or better yet do a full postal (3) and forget this update even happened.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

Superrando195

Quality of the game really dropped hard even prior to the last update before v0.95.7

Utilizing ai art is fine but there still needs to be polish to make things work well.
    Really looks like a slop of things put together and thrown out as an update.

Positive was that the game did run better for me in the sandbox without much issue in terms of bugs.
    Negative was that the gallery is super buggy.
  18. 2.00 star(s)

tottek

This review is for update 0.95. The overall quality of the game has fallen enormously.
    Two updates ago the game showed its great potential with unique art-style, interesting characters and great turns in the story. All the previous updates had a nice balance of teasing routes along with corruption routes.
    However, this update screams LAZY in all fronts.:
    -The art took a major hit, it feels cheaper even if the devs now have a larger budget.
    -The main or secondary routes did not advanced at all, everything stayed the same and it was a MEGA-UPDATE. The story have open routes for a big number of characters and yet the devs decided to only dedicate sex scenes to the two most exploited characters wich together already represent like 70% of the total sex scenes. Moreover the scenes were increasingly saddistic indicating Red complete takeover, not the balance between the personalities that was hinted in previous updates, and even if it was justified, it feels unnecesary with all the wasted open routes. ---The main secondary route of this update was Chantelle and the devs re-used 3 renders to build 4 'lewd scenes' and it didn't progess at all.

I hope the devs re-examine what they want for the game, so they can finish the proyect as a the great game that once was destined to be.
  19. 1.00 star(s)

VertXXX

This game had a lot of promise. It original had a very unique art style and charm that made it stand out among the others. But the developer seems to have consistently become more greedy. Taking more money, but not hiring people to speed up development.
    And now even resorting to using AI (human artwork laundering tools) to generate the bulk of the artwork with minor changes on top like pasting the heads.

So what exactly are people paying for then? Absolutely despicable to be taking all that money and then use AI generated art.
  20. 1.00 star(s)

VKKV

This used to be one of my favorite games on here.
    and im not even bugged by the NTR. im indifferent to it.

but this last update has taken this game from a 5 to a 1 over the course of 9 months.
    and there isn't even really an extra content? and the polls the patrons voted for amounted to fucking nothing.

lets just say theres a reason you can still download the previous version... this one is massively garbage, and does indeed have a bit of filth in it.
    one of the commenters said it the best.

the meaning behind the scat scene, is the developer literally shitting on our faces.

yeah no. no more support from me. and i'd suggest not even downloading the update, even if you are into NTR heavily. theres only one sex scene, and it isn't worth it due to it being AI generated art.
    9 months and using AI art too? this is unacceptable.
    the writing has taken a hit too...
    this is a 1 star anymore.