Demandred20

Sep 12, 2019
Also games like this seems to be acting a bit like gravity. Make them big i.e give them enough content and they`ll draw in more and more new people that will stick around. Just look a STS, once it breached a certain threshhold of content more and more people became long time patrons. TT isnt quite here yet but probably will be if you keep up the current pace of quality releases during the next year or so. Its a marathon not a sprint.

Reactions: cloudfw

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
What brings this question lostraven ? Your patreon base seems to be growing at a steady pace. If you are annoyed at the end of the month scumming I fear that is something most larger patreons have to deal with. Personally I feel like there should be some sort of penalty attached to behaviour like that but I dont think there is much to do about it.

As for your question speaking as a current Patreon I think regular updates is the most important. I think you actually did a wise move in splitting off the last third or so from the last update since it felt meaty enough anyway and further delays would make people feel a bit stiffed. As one of my old uni proffessors said. ”The most important thing is to turn in something by the deadline. It can always be supplemented later since corrections always have to be done anyway”.
Well I'd say officially we're always trying to improve in general anyway,

but,

I have to admit, it's when we have to start splitting updates to half update either the NTR route or Friendship and also update the main route that I'm most concerned.

It'll be a difficult task, as we have to try keeping all 3 narratives balanced if we finished off the Main route first and didn't bother with developing the other two routes till afterwards, I think a lot of people would jump ship, as we'd literally only be developing the friendship and NTR route for a year plus.

So, for me, I'm keen to try get on someone else onboard to help with that work-load before we reach that point, otherwise, the cost may be time instead.

summertyrant1

Mar 3, 2019
Well I'd say officially we're always trying to improve in general anyway,

but,

I have to admit, it's when we have to start splitting updates to half update either the NTR route or Friendship and also update the main route that I'm most concerned.

It'll be a difficult task, as we have to try keeping all 3 narratives balanced if we finished off the Main route first and didn't bother with developing the other two routes till afterwards, I think a lot of people would jump ship, as we'd literally only be developing the friendship and NTR route for a year plus.

So, for me, I'm keen to try get on someone else onboard to help with that work-load before we reach that point, otherwise, the cost may be time instead.
Trello seems to be a good idea. You can use the Agile Methodology but tbh it does take the fun away.
The best way forward would be to first make a structure/framework so that you can add stuff easily and remove it later on if needed.

The way I used to do it when i was new at projects was to get the first thing done and worry about the next phase later. That obviously isn't a good method. If you can hire some sort of developer who can refactor your code or if you have enough time to do it yourself, you should always do it even if it takes more time and doesn't add any content. Especially after any update that you post.

That's the only advice I can give you, I'm not much experienced in Renpy/ Unity or I might have been able to give better insight instead of a general one. hope that this helps!!

Last edited:
Reactions: lostraven

krys69

Sep 6, 2017
I have question about some of the objectives and events in the game, for example:
1) "Try to retrieve the ball" - I did the rope and the tree at night at Priscilla's place and Becca is still by the house, and when I do it once more we just have talk about it. Now will that impact the MC and Becca in some way? :unsure:
2) Darnell at the school running track - doing that event involves the sister and I want to know if I should wait with that one once I start to dominate Darnell. :sneaky: I just want to make sure that the Sis is on MC's path and not someone else path.
3) "Did you hear strange sounds near Darnell's house?" - what do I need to do to initiate that one?:unsure:
4) Keep Studying - this pops out in the class at some point and I noticed that continuing it gives me two options. One where MC ignores Darnell's actions with the teacher and than the one where MC interferes and in some way begins a feud between both of them. Anyone knows what outcome will be at either options? I am trying the MC being the dominating one patch. :unsure::sneaky:
5) What else do I need to do to get Sis, Teacher and the angry/submissive neighbor lady (lady with the broken fence) on MC's dominating path? :unsure:
Any information with either of this things would be really appreciated.:unsure::)

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
lostraven

The only thing that I could think of was some kind of commissioned art. Be it a $200 patreon tier to keep the picture count low or you and Uber come up with 8 or so picture ideas every two months and hold a patreon vote where the top 2 get drawn by Uber.

Reactions: lostraven

Johan Smitt

Nov 20, 2017
So, as I'm waiting to hear back from Uber with regards to the latest script written, and I want to hear all your thoughts on something.

What from a management standpoint do you think would make Patrons want to stay longer? Or for non-Patrons watching this thread now, to entice you to come on board?

It's no surprise to anyone that I'm keen to reach the next goal so we can hire on some additional staff/get some new equipment etc to make these updates faster and hopefully higher quality, so...

- An 'Update completion' bar is one proposal I want to bring forward as a suggestion to Uber, plus hopefully (finally) launch the Discord.

What else would you want to see?
That's a fair question, it's always good to know what your base wants and as you said, what might bring more into the fold.

I'll preface this by saying I'm not a Patreon, though I do thoroughly enjoy the game and have considered it being my first Patreon subscription.

Your idea of introducing a progress bar would be pretty good, though it doesn't need to be as comprehensive as other games which show progress for Art and Coding etc. Just an overall percentage would be nice as an indicator.

When it comes to additional staff, can you quantify the increase in output? The last update was a big increase in quality and quantity, thanks to an additional artist (if I remember correctly). Other game devs are held in contempt for having the funds to hire additional staff, but do not, and instead have an absolute bottle-neck of output. One very popular game struggles with its solo artist, for example. To finally get to my point, it may be worth advertising what an increase it staff will allow you to accomplish, i.e say a ball park of how many additional scenes per staff increase or reduced release time. Quality is peak atm (for me), so quantity is what I'd personally want to see.

lostraven

The only thing that I could think of was some kind of commissioned art. Be it a $200 patreon tier to keep the picture count low or you and Uber come up with 8 or so picture ideas every two months and hold a patreon vote where the top 2 get drawn by Uber.
This could possibly be a bump to income, but wont increase overall subs. My only questions regarding this, would be, where is the bottle-neck in production? (You don't need to answer, but just be aware of it). If art is the bottle-neck as it is elsewhere, doing essentially 'omissions' would be a determent to the game. Though, if they have 'spare' time (term used loosely), then there's no harm.

My own personal gripe with the project has nothing to do quality or quantity. From reading the thread from a while, it's been stated that the UberPie only converses through email, which at times, leads to a few people left 'hanging' for info during the days upcoming to release. Don't get me wrong, only peeps here and not the wider audience will know that's a thing, it's just a personal 'annoyance' is all, not a Patreon though, so can't say it offends me (yet ; ) ).

Apologies for the epic

Dec 12, 2019
The game needs some serious proof reading. There's a sentence that should be "...a paltry "Hey! What are you doing!?"" but is instead spelled as "...a poultry "Hey! What are you doing!?""

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
This could possibly be a bump to income, but wont increase overall subs.
You're correct, my idea was more a bonus suggestion than any kind of solution, but I'm not sure there is one to increase the number of patrons. My suggestion for that would be to continue on with the plan and get the "housemate" updates out, preferably with some way to make it incest, be it a patch or some kind of system to name the relationships that some games have adopted recently.

My only questions regarding this, would be, where is the bottle-neck in production? (You don't need to answer, but just be aware of it). If art is the bottle-neck as it is elsewhere, doing essentially 'omissions' would be a determent to the game. Though, if they have 'spare' time (term used loosely), then there's no harm.
I think it's fairly clear that the bottleneck is the coding. They're trying to hire a coder and we're getting quite a bit of art for the holiday specials but they are linear stories that require a lot less coding than the open world main game. If they hire a coder it would hopefully allow Uber to focus more on the art and get updates out quicker.

Johan Smitt

Nov 20, 2017
My suggestion for that would be to continue on with the plan and get the "housemate" updates out, preferably with some way to make it incest, be it a patch or some kind of system to name the relationships that some games have adopted recently.
That's a pretty reasonable suggestion, given that it's becoming the standard bypass in games nowdays. That being said, it might not be worth the potential flak they may receive from Patreon, it'll ofc be up to the devs to implement it if possible and if they're comfortable

I think it's fairly clear that the bottleneck is the coding. They're trying to hire a coder and we're getting quite a bit of art for the holiday specials but they are linear stories that require a lot less coding than the open world main game. If they hire a coder it would hopefully allow Uber to focus more on the art and get updates out quicker.
Coding is definitely the one to be careful on. Much like Art, it's never quite a finished piece, but the difference is, it crashes your game lol. Hope they can source a good code guy when they reach the next tier.

On a side note. I do think the game will have a boon once the pregnancy system is established, since its a fetish with plenty of appeal, especially in a sandbox setting. That being said, the roadmap is established, and content needs to be balanced, so it can't be rushed ahead (to my personal dismay).

Reactions: preglovr12
Apr 27, 2017
do you do anything with Danny in this? or is that only the Christmas one?
my first time playing this game and just wondering if i missed anything

mr_tao

Apr 21, 2019
What from a management standpoint do you think would make Patrons want to stay longer? Or for non-Patrons watching this thread now, to entice you to come on board?
Regular updates.
Every month a minor release with SOMETHING new, ideally with rotating material: one month a Danny scene, the next a Priscilla one, the one later a NTR route scene, etc etc.

Reactions: Mirnation

Lord-of-kings

Sep 23, 2018
is this max i could reach in sara progress in latest version? i stalked Darnell got keys found out sara addicted to drugs then????

3.50 star(s) 351 Votes