SweatPicle

May 6, 2017
After the Mega Updates they'll be the introduction on it. Players will in the main route get to humiliate Darnell OR if they play the NTR route, get humiliated themselves.
thanks for ur reaction (y) i like this game with NTR or no NTR:D

MangoMeta

Oct 27, 2018
I'd rather not just gut a huge rival out of the game, you're not really supposed to like him. Though at least I imagine you'll have some empathy for his character later.
Once you are able to start humiliating him hes not much of a rival anymore anyway. No reason a just get rid of him option shouldn't exist.

I mean fuck, you'r erunning your own logic in circles. If we were to feel empathy for him, why would we want to humiliate him in the first place? Just getting him out of the picture makes much more sense if your plan is to actually want us to feel bad for him, or come at the very least come to the understanding of why he acts like the way he does. It seems like you want to develop the character into a villain who we can sympathize with, but also forcing us down either a friendship path were we share the girl (Fuck off this is awful) or just straight up humiliate him. What about people that understand why the way he is, but also don't want to be friends with him? A more of, just go away dude, you've caused enough harm. A realistic approach. Even with the current dirt we have on him we have ample reasons we could make him disappear, and no I don't mean kill him.

It seems you are just bent on shoving him the players face as much as you can. Antagonist change throughout stories and they don't always have to be people. You don't have to rely on him. There's plenty of other conflicts happening in the story that he could be gone and nothing would be missing for people who don't like him in the first place.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Once you are able to start humiliating him hes not much of a rival anymore anyway. No reason a just get rid of him option shouldn't exist.
N
I mean fuck, you'r erunning your own logic in circles. If we were to feel empathy for him, why would we want to humiliate him in the first place? Just getting him out of the picture makes much more sense if your plan is to actually want us to feel bad for him, or come at the very least come to the understanding of why he acts like the way he does. It seems like you want to develop the character into a villain who we can sympathize with, but also forcing us down either a friendship path were we share the girl (Fuck off this is awful) or just straight up humiliate him. What about people that understand why the way he is, but also don't want to be friends with him? A more of, just go away dude, you've caused enough harm. A realistic approach. Even with the current dirt we have on him we have ample reasons we could make him disappear, and no I don't mean kill him.

It seems you are just bent on shoving him the players face as much as you can. Antagonist change throughout stories and they don't always have to be people. You don't have to rely on him. There's plenty of other conflicts happening in the story that he could be gone and nothing would be missing for people who don't like him in the first place.
No one is forced to take the friendship route, its certainly not shoved down anyone's throat.

You also won't be friends with him on the main Route, again, having empathy is not the same as friendship. I have empathy for how Jeffrey Dahmer turned out, does not make what he did any less heinous, and I certainly would not want any kind of 'friendship' with him.

The conflict will escalate between the MC and Darnell, where as the friendship route throws a monkey wrench into the perceived perspectives of the characters and descalates the rivalry, the main Route will only continue to escalate the situation.

And no, Darnell is not the only villian.

MangoMeta

Oct 27, 2018
No one is forced to take the friendship route, its certainly not shoved down anyone's throat.

You also won't be friends with him on the main Route, again, having empathy is not the same as friendship. I have empathy for how Jeffrey Dahmer turned out, does not make what he did any less heinous, and I certainly would not want any kind of 'friendship' with him.

The conflict will escalate between the MC and Darnell, where as the friendship route throws a monkey wrench into the perceived perspectives of the characters and descalates the rivalry, the main Route will only continue to escalate the situation.

And no, Darnell is not the only villian.
You are completely missing the point of just about everything I said. The friendship route isn't the thing being shoved down our throats, Darnell is.

Of course you wont be friends in the main route, I never said you would, you are forced into humiliating him. I said that you have to choose to either humiliate him (main route) or fuck all the girls with him (No really, how many people actually want this? maybe 5?) there's no in between. No normal route, nothing that is even slightly attractive to plenty of people. Plenty of people just want to get rid of him and continue with the girls. Every girl already has their own conflict on their own path, like Clara and her lack of money. Darnell could literally be written out of the route and it would be better for most people. But i'm not even asking for that, just an option that involves him leaving. Just a route where we don't have to deal with his annoying, tedious, shit.

And of course he isn't the only villain, I said such. You're the one acting like he is, that hes so precious that you can't stand letting the player dispose of him.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
You are completely missing the point of just about everything I said. The friendship route isn't the thing being shoved down our throats, Darnell is.

Of course you wont be friends in the main route, I never said you would, you are forced into humiliating him. I said that you have to choose to either humiliate him (main route) or fuck all the girls with him (No really, how many people actually want this? maybe 5?) there's no in between. No normal route, nothing that is even slightly attractive to plenty of people. Plenty of people just want to get rid of him and continue with the girls. Every girl already has their own conflict on their own path, like Clara and her lack of money. Darnell could literally be written out of the route and it would be better for most people. But i'm not even asking for that, just an option that involves him leaving. Just a route where we don't have to deal with his annoying, tedious, shit.

And of course he isn't the only villain, I said such. You're the one acting like he is, that hes so precious that you can't stand letting the player dispose of him.
Well for starters, Darnell isn't even in the vast majority of the girls' routes anyway and WON'T be.

At best, if he's mentioned, it'll be more to do with the main plot. (And no, I'm not giving any clues on what that entails, next update will open the floodgates for that where I can comment somewhat more openly).

By the way, at best he's had all of what, fifteen to twenty minutes screentime at best? He's hardly being rammed down anyone's throats. I mean, christ, get a grip.

As again, I can't stress this enough, when he does take center stage,
The focus of his villainy is shifted elsewhere, it's not going to be about him 'fighting' you over every girl in Town

You WILL get a chance to get rid of him, eventually, and in key points in the game he will phase in and out.

KillaMonka

Aug 5, 2016

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hello everyone :)

We hope your new year is going well, and we're sorry for being so quiet recently, but we have a lot of news to announce coming very soon!

So, for now, we're happy to showcase our latest in-game change with regards to animation!

We have a test animation of MC to show you guys and we hope you like it!

Please, let us know what you think below!

Building on some of the animations you saw during the Christmas Special, I've spent many hours working on trying to make animations flow more naturally, and this includes actual mouth movement for when characters are in static conversation with one another. I think it should make the artwork look more distinctive, and obviously I am especially keen to expand on this (and other animations obviously), further into the main game. :)

We have more information coming soon so stay tuned!

-The Taffy Tales Team

3.50 star(s) 351 Votes