mrdiv

Oct 5, 2017
You can't find anything in the game industry that is completely equal in all aspects.

It's totally legit to compare MD with Taffy here is why:
Both games are handdrawn, erotic games, don't have the biggest budgets, getting support trough the patreon plattform plus this games don't have the best art...
Animations in MD are better (more frames & many more than in TT)
Although MD animations have more frames than Taffy but they take a hit when it comes to quality, Taffy's art is WAY more refined and most people prefer quality over quantity.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

its like comparing a freshman's thesis with one of a PhD

Qianke

Apr 27, 2019
What?

You really don't get it do you?

They don't have to put 'most' of the cash into Milftoon Drama, they already have the money from their other work(s) and resources in place that they can focus on producing both with little to know delay.

Also, mentioning 'paying for all them artists' as if they're running a deficit or something. It completely negates the fact they clearly make a good enough profit to not only keep producing the work, but to actual grow and expand production wise.

It's what happens when you're a studio.
Not a two man crew.

P.S, we pretty much keep up to pace with SS, who are 10+ strong I believe at this point, but sure, compare us to a full blown studio that takes in not only numerous membership fees and has a full
I don't think comparing yourself to SS is good idea in the long run though...Cookie is lying to his patrons with straight face on the streams and procrastination has pretty much become their business. For instance I really love how Cookie keeps redrawing some characters 3-4 times to make them "look better" cough cough cough Hope you don't go this route...I mean that's Uber not you...would like to see at least one solid game get finished, indie developers who actually finish their game are few and far between now. Just a note from bystander...

...I sort of understand now why Uber brought you on board, you really care about this, but my impression is that, perhaps you are taking some things too personally. There will always be people doubting you, especially if you are indie adult game developer huh.

But who can blame them on the other hand? The longer update cycle becomes the more room there is for debate. We've also seen that those devs that slowly increase their update cycle end up...nowhere. It's just unhealthy.

My own life experience and intuition tells me that longer update cycles don't actually stem from development needs but developers slowly burning out. Initially all games get a lot of updates but eventually get abandoned/updates take close to a year/take long months - and this is phenomenon that happens all the time and no need to look far to confirm. Most recently? Icstor, guy has released a number of games but now they appear to be done. Redamz, DarkSilver *cough* fucker *cough* and so on. List continues.

So...although I don't doubt you, my guts will be telling me otherwise. Based on my empirical experience alone. By no means this game is at this stage but it may.

Life is hard, being indie dev you need to face a lot bullshit and stress I imagine, but at least you are earning on your own bread.

I mean...even if Uber ends up burning out and decides to milk the shit out of us no one can blame him...if I were in his boots I can't say I wouldn't do the same. It's short sighted but world doesn't end if you suddenly change your vocation or in this case - abandon one game and start another. Though you would need to change your nickname on patreon oops...

Yeah, if you happen to get offended by me mentioning Uber, well, I have never run into him on his very own Discord even once, so it gives a lot of room for speculation indeed...can you blame me?

I am investor, I love speculating, BTC to the moon! Buy high sell low!

MrSalem

Oct 17, 2019
I really don't understand how so many can blame developper here....It's not like all of this on the site is not free....:unsure:
You are a Patreon of the game?Go on Patreon or on Patreon discord of the game and complain.
You are not?Just say thank you when the update is out and that's it!
We all illegaly download games here...
No one has the right for complaining specially when one of the developper answer questions and keep frequent update to people who DON'T PAY HIS GAME!

Reactions: Kloighoul
D

Deleted member 94436

Although MD animations have more frames than Taffy but they take a hit when it comes to quality, Taffy's art is WAY more refined and most people prefer quality over quantity.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

its like comparing a freshman's thesis with one of a PhD
I like both styles. But here is the real reason you can't compare the two games on equal measures:

MD sucks as a game - TT doesn't.

Fixn

Aug 29, 2017
I don't think comparing yourself to SS is good idea in the long run though...Cookie is lying to his patrons with straight face on the streams and procrastination has pretty much become their business. For instance I really love how Cookie keeps redrawing some characters 3-4 times to make them "look better" cough cough cough Hope you don't go this route...I mean that's Uber not you...would like to see at least one solid game get finished, indie developers who actually finish their game are few and far between now. Just a note from bystander...

...I sort of understand now why Uber brought you on board, you really care about this, but my impression is that, perhaps you are taking some things too personally. There will always be people doubting you, especially if you are indie adult game developer huh.

But who can blame them on the other hand? The longer update cycle becomes the more room there is for debate. We've also seen that those devs that slowly increase their update cycle end up...nowhere. It's just unhealthy.

My own life experience and intuition tells me that longer update cycles don't actually stem from development needs but developers slowly burning out. Initially all games get a lot of updates but eventually get abandoned/updates take close to a year/take long months - and this is phenomenon that happens all the time and no need to look far to confirm. Most recently? Icstor, guy has released a number of games but now they appear to be done. Redamz, DarkSilver *cough* fucker *cough* and so on. List continues.

So...although I don't doubt you, my guts will be telling me otherwise. Based on my empirical experience alone. By no means this game is at this stage but it may.

Life is hard, being indie dev you need to face a lot bullshit and stress I imagine, but at least you are earning on your own bread.

I mean...even if Uber ends up burning out and decides to milk the shit out of us no one can blame him...if I were in his boots I can't say I wouldn't do the same. It's short sighted but world doesn't end if you suddenly change your vocation or in this case - abandon one game and start another. Though you would need to change your nickname on patreon oops...

Yeah, if you happen to get offended by me mentioning Uber, well, I have never run into him on his very own Discord even once, so it gives a lot of room for speculation indeed...can you blame me?

I am investor, I love speculating, BTC to the moon! Buy high sell low!
With how long SS has been going, character updates, especially for characters that have been voted for by the community is a normal thing. You also can see the progress as he streams. So claiming he is the same as icstor, rredamz or darksilver is insane. There is no reason to break the back of a team to rush things out, because that is called crunch, and that shit kills.

Ive said this before, and it is one of the few flaws of TT, and that is the fact that alot of their art is traced in one way or another. But i think people are willing to overlook that for the writing and the world around it. But the closest comparison is SS, and cookie has a professional background in art, while i am not sure if the artist for TT has one. So still props for being able to push out that content. So fix your cough and come up with better excuses.

Qianke

Apr 27, 2019
I really don't understand how so many can blame developper here....It's not like all of this on the site is not free....:unsure:
You are a Patreon of the game?Go on Patreon or on Patreon discord of the game and complain.
You are not?Just say thank you when the update is out and that's it!
We all illegaly download games here...
No one has the right for complaining specially when one of the developper answer questions and keep frequent update to people who DON'T PAY HIS GAME!
My life is misery during quarantine, I need an outlet and it shall be this Raven guy! LET ME COMPLAIN ON EVERYTHING

Also your avatar sucks!

Gasanvar

Nov 20, 2019
P.S, we pretty much keep up to pace with SS, who are 10+ strong I believe at this point, but sure, compare us to a full blown studio that takes in not only numerous membership fees and has a full

No you aren't SS have 12 frame animations, TT don't.
Darkcookie is working slow we know if he really wanted to finish the game fast as possible he would dedicate much more time into art, but he don't cause its in his interest to take it easy.
He also said some years already that he will hire another artist that will help him with SS he still didn't do cause he said it seems impossible to find someone who can draw like that
(that's a lie).
Plus he always have new bs ideas like "improve" art, turn the location from 4:3 to 16:9.

I don't see TT superior to MD like some of Uber's fanboys do but okay for the sake of argument lets say TT is better than what about Something Unlimited that game receives updates every 2 Months and also lacks animations like Taffy.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Nyarwhal

Qianke

Apr 27, 2019
With how long SS has been going, character updates, especially for characters that have been voted for by the community is a normal thing. You also can see the progress as he streams. So claiming he is the same as icstor, rredamz or darksilver is insane. There is no reason to break the back of a team to rush things out, because that is called crunch, and that shit kills.

Ive said this before, and it is one of the few flaws of TT, and that is the fact that alot of their art is traced in one way or another. But i think people are willing to overlook that for the writing and the world around it. But the closest comparison is SS, and cookie has a professional background in art, while i am not sure if the artist for TT has one. So still props for being able to push out that content. So fix your cough and come up with better excuses.
Yes, I can hear Cookie's back creaking while he is streaming! It's creaking so loudly my rocking chair comes short!

CREAK CREAK CREAK

Oh no no no no oh man if this keeps up his back will get split into two!

What remains are crumbs.

Reactions: Gasanvar

Fixn

Aug 29, 2017
Yes, I can hear Cookie's back creaking while he is streaming! It's creaking so loudly my rocking chair comes short!

CREAK CREAK CREAK

Oh no no no no oh man if this keeps up his back will get split into two!

What remains are crumbs.
I mean, if you REALLY want to be truthful to the lore, he did crack. Thats why there is a baby cookie.

BADUM TISH

Seriously tho, i feel sorry for the programmer, since hes the one to get all the blame for the delay.

mrdiv

Oct 5, 2017

I don't see TT superior to MD like some of Uber's fanboys do but okay for the sake of argument lets say TT is better than what about Something Unlimited that game receives updates every 2 Months and also lacks animations like Taffy.
So the only reason why they aren't keeping up with SS is because Taffy doesn't have 12 frame animations? What about art quality, update frequency, story writing and character development? I think they're pretty much on par with SS on all of those aspects if not better.

And let's be honest here MD sucks ass, its got an extremely dull artstyle and terrible UI, that alone makes Taffy better than MD. Even Something Unlimited's way better than MD if you take that into consideration.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I was talking about a release cycle, which in fact, we actually beat them on sometimes.

P.S stop claiming we don't have animations, we've been working on them, and adding them into sex scenes AND static gameplay, and anyone can testify to that

Behold that animation you claim doesn't exist:

So, what's the plan here? To have me go down the list of every of every 2D development team to explain how they're different till you get to go 'AH HA! GOTCHA!'

I like Gunsmoke games, they do great stuff.
But they also do largely a sim management sim game with some RPG elements, which is vastly different than what we're aiming for in the long run.

This is my final comment on the matter, I'm not gonna waste my time like it's game of table tennis waiting for you to come back with "BuT WhAt AbOuT tHiS tEaM bRo!"

Does anyone have any good 2d recommendations?
Defenestration
Amity Park and Breeding Farm (I admit, I work on both so I'm a little biased)
Melfy's Quest (and dozens of other hentai 2D games)
Summertime Saga is one that is always pretty much included when it comes to 2D games.
Milky Touch I'm told is good.

Gasanvar

Nov 20, 2019
So the only reason why they aren't keeping up with SS is because Taffy doesn't have 12 frame animations? What about art quality, update frequency, story writing and character development? I think they're pretty much on par with SS on all of those aspects if not better.

And let's be honest here MD sucks ass, its got an extremely dull artstyle and terrible UI, that alone makes Taffy better than MD. Even Something Unlimited's way better than MD if you take that into consideration.
SU gets 2 updates in the same timeframe where taffy gets only 1

Fixn

Aug 29, 2017
SU gets 2 updates in the same timeframe where taffy gets only 1
SU gets One update 3 months into the year with 80% of the content being the Halloween event. If there was ever anyone with a goldmine under their ass and doing next to nothing about it, its him. Sure the art is on point, but come on. There has to be standards.

Gasanvar

Nov 20, 2019
Cause few asked for 2D h game recommendations
here are mine:

JamLiz - Sex Note
GZone - Amity Park
UberPie - Taffy Tales
SirensDomain - House Chores
SirensDomain - ZombiesRetreat
SirensDomain - Town Of Passion
DarkCookie - Summertime Saga
NergalsNest - A Zombies Life
NergalsNest - Urban Demons
NergalsNest - The Solarion Project
Dr.Bones - Bones Tales: The Manor
SunsetRiders7 - Something Unlimited

Qianke

Apr 27, 2019
You guys could learn to play an instrument or something to pass the time. I learned a bit of piano myself
Why would you learn how to play some instrument, if you can just come to f95 and talk shit in random threads? What a weirdo duh.

^- Shame that most of these games were either abandonded or aren't even half complete/not that great. Pretty much all Nergals' games have been abandoned prematurely, what a prime example of indie dev burning out. I still remember his post when he described how he went for a smoke, thought life, and decided to close down patreon. Hope Uber doesn't smoke guys haha.

Though you need to give it him that he put on hold all pledges in the process.

Sex Note as a game looks nice but it's still an egg in terms of development, not even a chick.

Sirens' games are rather cheap in my opinion. Animations are wooden and when it comes to adult scenes, not even that hot, let alone quality of the script, there is almost none. I liked Zombies Retreat becaus Scarlett Ann drew it.

Dr. Bones game is pretty much dead, I don't remember solid update for like a year since Patreon regulations hit him in the balls. They never grew back, dude is infertile now, doesn't seem like he will sire any new games.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 351 Votes