Sep 12, 2018
So uhh, people keep mentioning the issues around Darnell's narrative.

All I can say about the matter is that the 'earlier' plans I had for the character were very different but the team felt they wanted to pursue a different direction and make him more 'aggressive.'

My version I think, was far more pre-occupied into explaining the motivations and the 'how' he's become the way he has. Hence stuff like the earlier Hospital scene which was part of that.

As it stands now though, those scenes don't work...
(They may just end up being torn out altogether).
I had my thoughts about this game but most of the comments covered a majority of them.
However you are the one writing it and the your other teammates cant just change a character after you already write them a certain way.
They needed to read your script, then come to a decision, not after he potentially develops into a better person.
A writer and source material is very important to a story without them the story would descend into nonsense.
Anyway after this hopefully they learn to follow a direct route instead of going in all directions.

Reactions: Red88

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017

All I can say about the matter is that the 'earlier' plans I had for the character were very different but the team felt they wanted to pursue a different direction and make him more 'aggressive.'

My version I think, was far more pre-occupied into explaining the motivations and the 'how' he's become the way he has. Hence stuff like the earlier Hospital scene which was part of that.

I mean Darnell's "narrative" (if you can really call it that at this point, I mean lets be real with the change in direction the dudes character is more one dimensional then a line) is always going to be a point of contention. The more he shows up, the more of a issue it will be. Hopefully the team can see that inciting drama via this route they've taken is only going to hurt the game.

Crichton

Aug 5, 2018
I clicked too fast, is the street Gertrude lives on named "Pickman's street?" It goes very well with the book in the basement.

1xxx23

Jun 29, 2020

Hm. That's rough man... kinda reckless, not gonna lie.

I don't know how viable this would be and how inclinated Uberpie is to do such thing, but wouldn't it be better to improve this pre-made character background than going any further with him? Or even worse, torn it all out and pretend nothing happenned.

I mean, I would love to have some improvement and better development of the things that have already been writen since the start and the "hints" that were given of where this was going, but even if the team decides to change this background... some kind of depth is needeed if you guys wanna make him a more present antagonist. And this is not something easy to be accomplished this far in the story, I fear to say.

Reactions: DanielJosher
Jun 9, 2018
I loved the big update, hated the fact that we waited like 7 months for it. I'd support the dev (monetary speaking) if we actually got more frequent update (maybe they do on patreon?) and the lack of Danny content is a bit of a let down

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
Our hero had to get drunk otherwise he wouldn't have had the courage to have sex with his mother.

orcrunner

Jul 30, 2018
Tag say about female protagonist,but game start with a male character called Peter.
How i start as a female protagnoist?

Teal

Aug 8, 2016
What do I do after the pool party? I got a text about Gerda but can't seem to do anything special with her.

syazsyaz

Dec 4, 2020
i dont know why.. i just start this game and i follow the walkthrough... but in same time something i cant follow (missing) such as peep at bathroom... i follow everything.. find guide in utube google.. still i cant peep on bathroom in house.. the hint say i can peep once in day but i cant why?? please someone save me.. i really want play this game so bad...

Reactions: Xyclop
3.50 star(s) 351 Votes