UlysessBruh

Apr 22, 2021
Mistakes happen, live and learn... my question was serious BTW, you're not the only one to use the old code.
Care to shine a light on that? is it a Translation thing maybe, where you recognize "change log" enough to translate it's contents... or something else? I'm genuinely confused.
i just didnt know the cheat that was posted there was for everything, since it only says "cheat", its my first playthrough and i didnt noticed the "cheat code" option next to the "skip minigames one, i thought it was another code for that

Aug 28, 2018
Uhhhhhh.....anyone else have the problem of different rooms overlapping eachother? I moved to the principals office and then back to the hallway and its like no matter what I do everything is overlapping eachother. Any solutions?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Uhhhhhh.....anyone else have the problem of different rooms overlapping eachother? I moved to the principals office and then back to the hallway and its like no matter what I do everything is overlapping eachother. Any solutions?
What you are describing sounds like you might have something only one other person has posted in here about. Please share screenshot(s). What version are you playing (include the a or b bugfix nomenclature)? Which link did you use to downloaqd the version? Did you use any save editors or gallery unlocks? Did you use the cheat code or the save code? What is your system specs: OS, graphics card, CPU, RAM and is your OS up to date and are your drivers up to date?

Reactions: TravisTheLightBoss

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
Yeah that arm does not belong with that image, see the big colour change, I've not replayed this version from scratch yet. I suspect it'll be there though, looks like a simple wrong image call.
Sadowdark have you tried asking on the discord? logging it in the bug reporting channel? my guess is it wouldn't take much to patch it (if they are made aware of it). those bugs in the earlier stage will be harder for them to catch since most of the regulars will just play from the save code, and the Noobs are bad about speaking up.
This is what happens in the latest version with these flowers.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
This is what happens in the latest version with these flowers.
Yes I know, I saw you mentioned that before, I asked if you tried his ? actually report the bug to the Dev so he can fix it, rather than just asking on a fan thread, after all none of us are on the Dev team as far as I know. His Discord is public, you don't need to be a paying subscriber.

Nov 15, 2021
Started from scratch with the new update, ran into the camera bug at Priscilla's. Played around for a while trying different things and couldn't get out of it. Rolled back to an earlier save and it worked fine first time. I'm going over old ground because someone earlier in the thread had said it might be to do with inventory and not having any of the items on the second page. When I rolled back and had a smaller inventory everything was on 1/8 on the inventory and then...no bug.

I can check where I was in terms of game progress on those saves, but that's my guess. Also noted that the cameras did leave my inventory, I just couldn't progress. And I did play with every order I could think of when it came to actions in Priscilla's house. I even tried buying the items in different orders. Then I tried playing around to trigger the bug from the earlier save and couldn't.

Apr 13, 2019
There's large portions of black scenes in the new scenes, like when Tifffany is in the club or you're at the comic con pretending to be the judge. I'm assuming here that those are where there's supposed to be animations.

I thought it was linux so downloaded the windows version, ran through WINE, still black. Dunno if it's how unity deals with videos or some other thing, but is there a place I can actually *check out* the animations?

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
Yes I know, I saw you mentioned that before, I asked if you tried his ? actually report the bug to the Dev so he can fix it, rather than just asking on a fan thread, after all none of us are on the Dev team as far as I know. His Discord is public, you don't need to be a paying subscriber.
There's large portions of black scenes in the new scenes, like when Tifffany is in the club or you're at the comic con pretending to be the judge. I'm assuming here that those are where there's supposed to be animations.

I thought it was linux so downloaded the windows version, ran through WINE, still black. Dunno if it's how unity deals with videos or some other thing, but is there a place I can actually *check out* the animations?
I have the same

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018

I have the same
There aren't any videos, there are some basic animations there (Short 6-7 frame loops) and there is also a change in background music.
I imagine the Dev has already heard about this, seems like there are a several people with this issue (A platform issue maybe? I don't have any problems with Win10), so cross your fingers for a patch in a few weeks.

Still might be worth your while reporting this on his Discord, soo many times Bugfixes must get delayed because everyone thinks someone else is going to report it (While Someone else thinks Everyone is reporting it o_O)

FYI, I'm not reporting it, my copy is fine :p

• Haha
Reactions: Sadowdark

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
I also have older scenes from the update. In the middle I have a scene and a black screen around.I will report these errors on the discord, but I have to set up a new one because the old one does not work. And the removal phase is 14 days

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I also have older scenes from the update. In the middle I have a scene and a black screen around.I will report these errors on the discord, but I have to set up a new one because the old one does not work. And the removal phase is 14 days

There was chatter that they were updating animations (Which is my top suspect for those bugs), but I don't really see any animation in that scene, nothing that jumps out at me anyway. Strange :unsure:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Started from scratch with the new update, ran into the camera bug at Priscilla's. Played around for a while trying different things and couldn't get out of it. Rolled back to an earlier save and it worked fine first time. I'm going over old ground because someone earlier in the thread had said it might be to do with inventory and not having any of the items on the second page. When I rolled back and had a smaller inventory everything was on 1/8 on the inventory and then...no bug.

I can check where I was in terms of game progress on those saves, but that's my guess. Also noted that the cameras did leave my inventory, I just couldn't progress. And I did play with every order I could think of when it came to actions in Priscilla's house. I even tried buying the items in different orders. Then I tried playing around to trigger the bug from the earlier save and couldn't.
Thanks, but the developer never communicates here. You should share your findings in the #bug-report channel of the developer's discord so that future updates might remedy this.

Screenshots (behind a spoiler) are always helpful so that we know what you are experiencing. Also, sharing your computer specs (behind a spoiler) may help collect data necessary to deduce which variables are causing this problem. Are you sure you are playing v0.89.8b that came out almost a week ago and not version (a) that came out a few days before that? Almost all the animations are simply flipping back and forth between two different images. There are some animations in the new content which are videos. I run Windows10 (build 19044.2130) on a decade old computer (i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 630) and I have had no problems with any of the animations in Taffy Tales in either version and only a missing background in the bar for version (a) but was fixed in v0.89.8b.
See video animation assets in the spoiler at the end of this post.

That appears to be an artistic choice by the developer - you see how her hat goes beyond the border? That appears to be an intentional artistic decision. Also you definitely need to go to the discord - you seem to either have the most issues or have the impression that you do more than anyone else in the past two weeks and we don't have the ability to give you the help you need here. Go to the discord.
There aren't any videos, there are some basic animations there (Short 6-7 frame loops) and there is also a change in background music.
I imagine the Dev has already heard about this, seems like there are a several people with this issue (A platform issue maybe? I don't have any problems with Win10), so cross your fingers for a patch in a few weeks.

Still might be worth your while reporting this on his Discord, soo many times Bugfixes must get delayed because everyone thinks someone else is going to report it (While Someone else thinks Everyone is reporting it o_O)

FYI, I'm not reporting it, my copy is fine :p
Some new animations are 1-2 second videos in m4v format.
There was chatter that they were updating animations (Which is my top suspect for those bugs), but I don't really see any animation in that scene, nothing that jumps out at me anyway. Strange :unsure:
That's not an animation scene. I think he needs to go to the developer's discord for the questions he is asking lately.

**spoiler content below**

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
It's not about animations, but about the scene not being fullscreen and having a black border around it

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Stil996

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
It's not about animations, but about the scene not being fullscreen and having a black border around it
Share your concern with the developer in their #bug-report channel. Let us know what they say so that we know what to tell others.

Reactions: Sadowdark
3.50 star(s) 348 Votes