DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Pretty dishonest of you to say that, I'd make sense if Ubers or ntrman's games were very recent, but it isn't. The fanbase has been solidified. So yes, Patreon is a good metric to know what sells or not, and tbf Patreon is both their only income and seeing as how adamant you are on undermining ntr then there's no reason for ntrman's Patreon number to be that high. So it's not a yes and no, it's a yes.
Alright bud, NTR is the most popular genre imaginable and nobody in the history of adult games has ever had the slightest issue with it. I'm clearly a filthy liar for suggesting otherwise or even hinting at the possibility that any Patreon dev might have been guilty of overpromising and underdelivering at any point in time.

This is clearly going nowhere so I'm bowing out.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
The fetish is very divisive
Look, we get it, you don't like netorare - but it's really only divisive to a very vocal minority of non-netorare fans. You aren't even discussing the game at this point, you are discussing your personal views on netorare, in general. You are making very slight connections to the game simply to springboard your opinions on netorare. That's off-topic and has sucked up a lot of bullshit energy in this thread.
so I'm bowing out.
Final-fucking-ly. Enjoy your day.

Artist271

Sep 11, 2022
Alright bud, NTR is the most popular genre imaginable and nobody in the history of adult games has ever had the slightest issue with it. I'm clearly a filthy liar for suggesting otherwise or even hinting at the possibility that any Patreon dev might have been guilty of overpromising and underdelivering at any point in time.

This is clearly going nowhere so I'm bowing out.
as you should bow out.

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
man, 8 months and still counting. does anybody knows if there's a release date already? also, i know this update will be focused on ntr, but will it only be ntr, or will there be content on the "normal" route as well?

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
vocal minority
silent majority
Finding a game where X does well does not mean it is the majority preference.
it just means it has a market, and that it can be profitable.

As for little mermaid... just look it up

it started well, then suddenly dropped off massively. Ending as the 4th worst performing disney live action video.
Its 56.7% decline is only better than Alice Through The Looking Glass (57.9%), The Lion King (60%), and Dumbo (60.4%).
It has been documented that those megacorp movies cheat on the first week grossing figures, inflating the figures to try to convince people to go see it via peer pressure "if everyone is seeing it, it must be good".
The sudden massive drop is when they stop.

> bunch of people working at cinema saying empty theaters. all tickets sold, nobody showsup
> deal is that on first week 100% of ticket sale goes to company, theaters get concessions. On subsequent weeks they split the ticket income.

This is why all disney movies lately have such horrendous drop off rates on 2nd week. with a full 6 movies having over 50% drop off.
Because second week it costs them actual money. so they cut down on buying empty seats.

Last edited:

guldfisk

Aug 6, 2016

it started well, then suddenly dropped off massively. Ending as the 4th worst performing disney live action video.

It has been documented that those megacorp movies cheat on the first week grossing figures, inflating the figures to try to convince people to go see it via peer pressure "if everyone is seeing it, it must be good".

> bunch of people working at cinema saying empty theaters. all tickets sold, nobody showsup
> deal is that on first week 100% of ticket sale goes to company, theaters get concessions. On subsequent weeks they split the ticket income.

This is why all disney movies lately have such horrendous drop off rates on 2nd week. with a full 6 movies having over 50% drop off.
Because second week it costs them actual money. so they cut down on buying empty seats.
>links to kotakuinaction
>its a post from 4 years ago when you losers were whining about captain marvel
>believes in conspiracies with sources that include: "dude trust me"

Did Disney kill your parents or something? Why do you guys still whine about this shit?

Artist271

Sep 11, 2022

you did not debunk my argument of the little mermaid, but on the first part you convinced me.
ntr is divisive, but either part being the majority or minority is anybody's guess and cannot be quantified accurately. at the end of the day it's profitable, and that's what matters to me.

Artist271

Sep 11, 2022
man, 8 months and still counting. does anybody knows if there's a release date already? also, i know this update will be focused on ntr, but will it only be ntr, or will there be content on the "normal" route as well?
the main route is gonna have an update as well, and a pretty lengthy one too.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
you did not debunk my argument of the little mermaid
was less trying to "debunk" and more reassuring you that you are not alone. Your feeling about it are normal.
You are not some vanishing small minority that disliked it.

As per MSN news, it did catastrophically bad. starting from the 2nd week. it is not a popular movie. It just benefited from disney little 1st week trick which they nowadays do for all their movies.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Artist271

alex798

Apr 1, 2018
Pretty dishonest of you to say that, I'd make sense if Ubers or ntrman's games were very recent, but it isn't. The fanbase has been solidified. So yes, Patreon is a good metric to know what sells or not, and tbf Patreon is both their only income and seeing as how adamant you are on undermining ntr then there's no reason for ntrman's Patreon number to be that high. So it's not a yes and no, it's a yes.
As fellow NTRman and Uber fan, I can somehow agree that NTR genre is pretty divisive, because the genre itself is complex and can be aplied wrongly even by the hands of a renovened creators, such as those two. - I think that the most important aspect of it is a consistency between falling characters pre-corruption character, triggers of corruption, the way that ntred character finds out and his reaction on it... and it is such a subtle topic, that can't be described wholly. So even as NTR lover I find some stories of those authors as bland, repetitive or outright badly written, and some other fans find them majestic... And I just hope that Uber will find the means to deliver that aspect the best way possible. Cheers XD

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
No - nobody knows a release date, not even Uberpie. When he knows about a week or so out from that date, he'll let folks know.
I already answered this question in reply to one of your previous posts asking a similar question 6 months ago: #26,420
the Little Mermaid (Where the hell did this come from?)
Hans Christian Andersen, that's who. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: prophetofconfusion

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Because the different names for this game. Thanks for pointing out there is a tag for censored games here. I didn't knew that.
Okay, are we discussing two different "censoreds" here? The images are not censored. If you are asking about if the incest is censored --- then, because of Patreon making the developer change relationships back in 2018 - the name changed from Family Tales to Taffy Tales. The MC lives in the same house as a young woman named Tiffany and an older woman named Mary who are not related to the MC, by default -- but you can name them whatever you want in the introduction of the game.

Analepsisticy

Nov 8, 2016
Okay, are we discussing two different "censoreds" here? The images are not censored. If you are asking about if the incest is censored --- then, because of Patreon making the developer change relationships back in 2018 - the name changed from Family Tales to Taffy Tales. The MC lives in the same house as a young woman named Tiffany and an older woman named Mary who are not related to the MC, by default -- but you can name them whatever you want in the introduction of the game.
Sorry, I coudn't read your full reply due to spoiler alert. So, did they just change rename the titles of the characters while still canonically retain their original roles and you can manually change "stepmom" or "landlord" back to "mom" for example? As I've seen in some other games.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
As fellow NTRman and Uber fan, I can somehow agree that NTR genre is pretty divisive, because the genre itself is complex and can be aplied wrongly even by the hands of a renovened creators, such as those two. - I think that the most important aspect of it is a consistency between falling characters pre-corruption character, triggers of corruption, the way that ntred character finds out and his reaction on it... and it is such a subtle topic, that can't be described wholly. So even as NTR lover I find some stories of those authors as bland, repetitive or outright badly written, and some other fans find them majestic... And I just hope that Uber will find the means to deliver that aspect the best way possible. Cheers XD
Honestly, I have no idea of what the fuck you F95 guys are talking about whenever you lot talk about "corruption" in an erotic game.

To me (and to Merriam-Webster dictionary, too), corruption is the act of bribing a public official or a politician with money and/or favours.

I don't remember any VN here with politics as the main scenario. So, what the fuck is wrong with you, guys?

Regarding NTR: no dude, the "genre" itself is NOT complex.

The problem is that a retarded and very loud vocal F95 "faction" SHOUTS "this is ntr!!!" whenever a meat rod which doesn't belong to the MC comes around in a game. Whatever it happens. Those damn retards just WANT that every male character in every fucking damn game except MC is dead, gay, impotent, emasculated or totally absent. They demand VNs where MC is the only male character.

kalik

Oct 14, 2017
Honestly, I have no idea of what the fuck you F95 guys are talking about whenever you lot talk about "corruption" in an erotic game.

To me (and to Merriam-Webster dictionary, too), corruption is the act of bribing a public official or a politician with money and/or favours.

I don't remember any VN here with politics as the main scenario. So, what the fuck is wrong with you, guys?

Regarding NTR: no dude, the "genre" itself is NOT complex.

The problem is that a retarded and very loud vocal F95 "faction" SHOUTS "this is ntr!!!" whenever a meat rod which doesn't belong to the MC comes around in a game. Whatever it happens. Those damn retards just WANT that every male character in every fucking damn game except MC is dead, gay, impotent, emasculated or totally absent. They demand VNs where MC is the only male character.
Obtuse and idiotic

3.50 star(s) 350 Votes