HTML Tag several passages at once, Twine

Minced meat

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2021
Hi,

I want to give tags to more than a thousand passages in my Twine game. I could open each one separately and give them a tag. But that feels silly. So I wonder if there is a way to tag several passages at once?

ChatGPT says that this was impossible back in 2021 (when ChatGPT stopped browsing the web). And as far as I can see, Google doesn't do any better. And in the documentation I can't say I find much hope.

Still, I know there are some real experts on this forum. And I would save so much time if this was possible. That's why I ask.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Unless you manually do it, you would need to specify what the criteria is that a certain passage should have the tag, or even a script couldn't do it for you. So if there is an easy way to tell which passages should have the tag, someone could write a script for it to use on the html in the Stories folder.

Or, if those 1000 passages are all your passages, or most of your passages, then you could do it the other way around, by changing the default for a passage to be like you wanted it to be with that tag, and then instead tagging any passage that should NOT be like that.

Reactions: Minced meat

Minced meat

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2021
Unless you manually do it, you would need to specify what the criteria is that a certain passage should have the tag, or even a script couldn't do it for you. So if there is an easy way to tell which passages should have the tag, someone could write a script for it to use on the html in the Stories folder.

Or, if those 1000 passages are all your passages, or most of your passages, then you could do it the other way around, by changing the default for a passage to be like you wanted it to be with that tag, and then instead tagging any passage that should NOT be like that.
Thanks for this tip :) Appreciate it :)

In my case, I have a number of different tags I want to distribute among my 1000 passages. I'm sure your solution might be useful for someone else, though.

Reactions: Alcahest