[R>Artist 3D] Paid Talented VaM Artist wanted to join established team. Approx $5k+ per month.

DumbKoala

Teen Queen
Game Developer
Jul 17, 2020

Project:

Hi, I'm Henny.

I run Dumb Koala. I've been the artist and writer for 3 years and grown the DK universe into an established brand with 60+ characters, 50+ comics, 60+ shoots, multiple games (many released here) and many fully animated videos. So far I have done all the artwork alone, but I now need help, especially as we're releasing our first built-from-the-ground-up game RRR.

Developer:

- Dumb Koala
-
- (approx 1600 subs)
- (approx 350 subs)
-
-
-

Looking for:

- A talented VaM artist.
- You must be an expert and be able to output VaM images and animations at 4k.

Employment Type:

- Paid.
- $8 per used image.
- $5 per second of used animation (animations that make the final edit).
- If you can match my output, this equates to around $5000 per month.
- If you prove reliable and high quality, we can discuss a profit share in the future.
- You will invoice on the 1st of the month for full payment by bank transfer within 1 week.

Work commitment:

- Keep to my release schedule and all will be good :)

Preferred method of contact:

-

Job Description:

- A talented VaM artist that can take my characters and style, and produce renders at a consistent quality. This is only for the best of the best of VaM artists out there, but the pay will reflect your ability. This will include any post processing.

- I will write the stories and provide VaM assets, but your job is to create the corresponding artwork to my direction, including any amends as required.

- I currently create around 400 renders each month. The more workload you can take off me, the more I can pay you!

Additional comments:

- Additional bonuses, potential profit shares, and work is available if you prove yourself to be useful!

- Make sure you check out my work prior to applying, as I have a very particular style and character aesthetic. It would really help if you were a fan of my work!

- You will not be expected to do the full 400 renders and animations straight away. I will hire you on a trial period to test your quality, knowledge of VaM, and ability to produce work to my deadlines. If you can pass this stage then I will steadily up your workload.

- All scenes created by you with DumbKoala assets are owned by DumbKoala and all saves will be automatically backed up to a dropbox location. I will pay for the dropbox account and provide instructions on how to do this.

- This output is very realistic if you have a good workflow. I have managed this output for 3 years while also running the DK business and working a full time job!

Thanks,

Henny x

Last edited:

DumbKoala

Teen Queen
Game Developer
Jul 17, 2020
That comes out to be minimum wage just about doesn't it? That seems pretty low considering you retain all profit from sales/fans on your fanbox or whichever other market you choose.
I work it out as about $15.60 per hour, if you work 40 hours a week. US minimum wage is $7.25, so it's more than double US minimum wage.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
No one actually pays 7.25. real min wage here in an average city and if you work at McDonald's or any other low wage place is 15. You ripping off peeps and trying to sugar coat it lol.
It hasn't been 7.25 for over a decade outside of a few select states, and even then, that was always a federal minimum. When I was working in 2009/2010 (as a teenager, to be clear), I was still making $12-ish. You're correct, though. They're paying about five cents over the current minimum wage.

DumbKoala

Teen Queen
Game Developer
Jul 17, 2020
Yes. To put this all into perspective, someone that is expected to output the same amount of stuff at the same quality as you would be better off creating their own Fanbox and making 2-3x the amount you offer as a 1 time monthly payment. If you offered a percentage of profits then this would just squeak by for being worth it. Especially for the potential legal trouble that is always looming from you using unlicensed non-commercial textures from other creators in your paid stuff.
If they also have the writing skills, then I'm not stopping them. Go ahead. However, creating narrative is no trivial task. Starting out with 0 subs and trying to build a following is no trivial task. Running a business as well as creating art is no trivial task.

This opportunity guarantees a fixed wage for output from day 1 using an established business as a foundation. If the artist proves themselves to be useful, then I'm happy to negotiate further down the line.

If it was as easy as you claim, then why are more people not doing it?

And I credit all assets used on my substar. Most assets are from the "free" resources section in the official VirtaMate hub site accessible from within the game's browser, any paid for assets have been paid for.

Last edited:

DumbKoala

Teen Queen
Game Developer
Jul 17, 2020
No one actually pays 7.25. real min wage here in an average city and if you work at McDonald's or any other low wage place is 15. You ripping off peeps and trying to sugar coat it lol.
If you work 40 hours a week, then yeah, this is around $15 per hour. But this is not a time based wage, this is an output based wage. You can work as fast or as slow as you want.

Like I said in my OP, I manage this output AND a full time job.

VaM is not Daz. You don't need to hit render and wait for every image. It is real-time rendering. The beauty of VaM is you can work really fast to output lots of content quickly.

DumbKoala

Teen Queen
Game Developer
Jul 17, 2020
A1X releases his textures for free now? You realize that these people know about you taking stuff that isn't free and have discussed you in the main VAM discord several times. Just a heads up.
Takes 2 seconds to find them for free on the hub from A1X

DumbKoala

Teen Queen
Game Developer
Jul 17, 2020
That is why your views are falling on Pixiv.
The dip in views was because my Twitter account was banned last month. That drove most new traffic to Pixiv.

Can you link other artists that are doing what I do so I can enjoy their work? I want to help promote other artists whenever I can, so it would be great to see similar work.

DumbKoala

Teen Queen
Game Developer
Jul 17, 2020
If you are not aware of your own fellow creators that post on the same platform as you, then maybe you have grown to be too cocky and that is why you are starting to fall behind :p

Exact same hair placement and gaps in eyebrows. And same birthmark on top right of forehead. Dig yourself a grave I suppose.

View attachment 1921409
Again, links would be appreciated. I follow 360 artists on Pixiv but don't know of any VaM artists doing what I do.

Looks like we used the same base texture. Notice how mine is more detailed with more "texture" to it lol. I've also been supporting AX1 on Patreon for a while now!

DumbKoala

Teen Queen
Game Developer
Jul 17, 2020
Yours isn't more detailed. You just throw on the same decal on top of the base textures for every girl. But everyone knows what you do so if you want to keep pretending then carry on lying. It won't help much since it's all already out there.
That's kinda how VaM works lol.

Hexagon_

Sep 16, 2017
Just a heads up. I don't care either way but don't keep BSing about your pay and where you get your stuff like we're dumb.
You clearly do care, and clearly have an ulterior motive in your dislike of the OP, and yet you sit here claiming they're the ones trying to hide something whilst you derail their thread. Nice.

Reactions: Zmeu and DumbKoala

DumbKoala

Teen Queen
Game Developer
Jul 17, 2020
Bumping this thread.

I have taken on some of the feedback and more than doubled my offer!

qwertyzxcvcxz

Apr 24, 2021
This offer is so enticing, I'm willing to learn and spend quality time on trying to be better. One question... What's VaM? Once I become good, I will report back here.

Virt-A-MILF

May 5, 2017
It hasn't been 7.25 for over a decade outside of a few select states, and even then, that was always a federal minimum. When I was working in 2009/2010 (as a teenager, to be clear), I was still making $12-ish. You're correct, though. They're paying about five cents over the current minimum wage.
I guess that means the author is looking for outsourced labor then!
I live in California in the US, $15 hour is pennies when our rent is over $2500 month in a questionable locale.
Bills,health,housing and transportation eat up almost 90% of my income.
I make $25hr and I'm dirt fucking poor, my dog eats better than me, gets better health coverage too...
Now if you hired someone from a less wealthier country, and offered such an amount, maybe..?

I'll tell you this much, $7.50 hour you could live pretty good in certain countries! But I suspect the biggest thing is finding someone proficient in what the dev wants and where they're located...

Last edited:

DumbKoala

Teen Queen
Game Developer
Jul 17, 2020
I guess that means the author is looking for outsourced labor then!
I live in California in the US, $15 hour is pennies when our rent is over $2500 month in a questionable locale.
Bills,health,housing and transportation eat up almost 90% of my income.
I make $25hr and I'm dirt fucking poor, my dog eats better than me, gets better health coverage too...
Now if you hired someone from a less wealthier country, and offered such an amount, maybe..?

I'll tell you this much, $7.50 hour you could live pretty good in certain countries! But I suspect the biggest thing is finding someone proficient in what the dev wants and where they're located...
I have doubled my offer since this conversation, but you are right, this offer is not US specific. It is a global offer. I already work with people all over the world, and I'm not from the US myself.

Afeel

Stylish Monke
Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
Bruh minimum wage here in Brazil is less than 200 dolars/month xD and we are paid only per month service... And still, there are far worse places than here... My brother is a graphic designer and its struggling for some work