VN - Ren'Py - Tales from the Unending Void [v0.19 Extra] [Perverteer]

1. 5.00 star(s)

DeadSEC_BR

History - 1000/1000
    Art - 1000/1000
    Animations - 9.5
    Character designers - 1000/1000
    This game is very incredible, I started to like planets, and also the universe lol. Congratulations Perverter for creating this work of art!!
  2. 4.00 star(s)

aruzen19

Interesting space fantasy novel with a detailed world full of alien species, planets, cultures, and a wide range of romantic options. Incest is technically avoidable, but where's the fun in doing that? Besides the protagonist own family, there are plenty of love interests to choose from (futa/trans content easily avoidable), and you can navigate the relationships in various ways. You can commit to one, multiple, or even try to form a harem.

The graphics are alright, with some crazy alien designs straight out of the dev's imagination. Alien romance isn't really my thing and some of those aliens have creepy reptilian looks, but gotta hand it to the dev for their creativity. The backgrounds are decent, but there are few details that don't quite match the futuristic vibe of the story, like earth maps on a spaceship cruising through the galaxy, old military gear, and some of the clothes.
    The music is good and fits well in every scene, although there are no sound effects.

After playing up to chapter 19, I can say "Tales From The Unending Void" has a good story with intrigue and some unexpected plot twists. It's pretty fun trying to build a harem, with loads of romance, plenty of sex scenes, and many love interests to choose from. I recommend it if you're into incestuous space operas.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Relimore

The plot of this novel is wonderful! I really love science fiction and this is the first time I’ve played a game like this, where the plot is extremely interesting. Many thanks to the developer for the characters who are alive and developing during the story.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

ragsen

- Story 7/10 (starts of pretty slow but gets surprisingly intriguing after a little while)
    - Animations 5/10 (They're there, nothing bad, not great)
    - Characters (A large and varied cast is much appreciated)
    - Renders 6/10 (as with story, starts off not great but gets better later on)
    - Music 7/10 (great in setting the mood)
    - Enjoyability 7/10 (just being something other than a college game raises this a lot)

Overall I really enjoyed it
  5. 5.00 star(s)

AMRFTY

A long time from now in a galaxy far, far away.
    If that line triggers you, you are what TFTUV is aiming for. Best described as a mix between Mass Effect’s romance options and Star Wars’ worldbuilding, this game will set you on path to meet sexual deviants of all space races. May the flirts be with you.

STORY
    The story is pretty simplistic in setup - there’s a human family fallout (within a human faction called the Sovereign) and that triggers a lot of bad things in the galaxy. The world around it is not so simple, however. Perveteer takes pride in building his space galaxy with both lush and desolate planets. Bipedal and fluid species. Alien religions and customs that would never work on Earth. The world building is easily the best part about this game. Once it kicks into gear, no distance is too small to travel.

We have to mention the relationships however. You’ll have all the chance to romance aliens, potential enemies and even your own family. That last part is pretty controversial and the game really takes it’s time to weigh out the relationships and their meaning. One relationship could mean the end of another, so it’s important to pick wise. There’s something for everyone here though - young, futanari, trans, alien, breeding and all kinds of fetish content.

Over the years, this game has grown into at least two full seasons of adventure. While it’s already quite long, it is best played in stages like you would watch a Star Wars saga. One could argue the series is extending it’s welcome beyond the core story, but with new planets and species to explore - its just begging to be expanded.

Personally I don’t find the MC to be all that interesting, both visually and lorewise. It’s through the connections with other characters that this game shines. One special connection is with Jade, who was brought in your family to be your personal slave - but could become much more if that’s what you wish for. It's between these connections that the game shines best. There are multiple of these in the game, each person questioning their existence in the universe and who they should become.

PRESENTATION
    Graphically the game is unlike what I’ve seen before in AVN’s. We’re always used to that office desk, that bedroom or a fantasy castle. This game is rich in colours and environments and doesn’t shy away from flaunting. One could say the graphics are getting more dated due to the game being a few years old - but honestly it’s so fresh it manages to stand out regardless.

Perverteer uses renders for the main story and when sexy time comes in, the animations start kicking in. They’re often quite minimal and effective, but this does allow the game to have multiple per session. The game reads like a comic book at times and that works well for me.

GAMEPLAY
    This being an AVN the gameplay consists mostly of story choices. They don’t impact the game story too much, but it will impact which relationships flourish and which won’t. A nice addition is the ship-map overlay, which shows you a map of the ship with corresponding crew icons. It’s another choice menu, but it’s an extremely engaging way of providing context. You get an idea for where the crew members are in relation to the ship.

Would have loved more tap-interaction games or even computer console stuff as this plays out far out in space and lots of things are technologically enhanced. The story would allow for many contextual tap ideas, such a mind-reading the right person, starting a launch sequence and so forth. Then again, this is a game that’s focused on relationships as much as it is on story.

OVERALL
    Perverteer has - after a great previous game - outdone himself with Tales From The Unending Void. The game is definitely Sci-fantasy heavy and doesn’t shy away from sexual fantasies, which fit in with the curiosity of the galaxy. While the Sovereignty's story might outstay it’s welcome, the universe this game created definitely doesn’t. I can’t wait for next instalments as well as different takes in this galaxy where the protagonist isn’t even human.

4.5 / 5, rounding out to 5 for the simple fact it created an entire universe for us to fantasize in. This is a must play.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Cal2

[Reviewed v0.19]

For a game that was initially posted more than 4 years ago (December 2019), it has lost some of its shine, but if you are looking for a friends-and-family sci-fi harem game with lots of fappable content, this is a solid choice.

The Good ((y))
    • Good diversity of girls with different personalities and overall looks
    • Renders still mostly hold up despite use of older models
    • A ton of H-scenes with the main and side characters -- hard to go more than ~5 minutes without a scene of some sort
    • Interesting story / premise
    The Not-So-Good ((n))
    • The main narrative arc had several chances to wrap up and the story seems to be spinning a bit just to extend the life of the game
    • The web of characters has grown confusing over the game's lifetime
    • The futa / trans content is not immediately clear and is somewhat unavoidable -- there are certain LIs that are not obviously identified as such and I progressed down romance paths I didn't want / intend to had I known (your mileage will vary)
    • The MC doesn't have much of a personality beyond "young hung stud"
    In its first few years of development, this had a compelling storyline and was one of the better sci-fi incest harem games; but more recent updates have muddled the plot without driving the story much closer to the finish.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

David2411

So I wanted to give my two cents now This is a really nice game. It's completely different (positive) than all the other games! I'm only at Seasin 1 but it's a great story!!! Something like that makes it very exciting, keep it up . 5 stars from me since it doesn't exist anymore
  8. 5.00 star(s)

aniki_math

I played the early version up to Episode 9 and thought it was a nice game and that it had some nice scenes. Well animated. Good story. Waited a solid 2 years and was not disappointed. At this point I can see this game going another 5-10 chapters. I feel it's a very good moment to start it. Recommend adding the Walkthrough mode.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

luckyluca01

Story: 8/10 The Story is pretty interesting to follow, not a lot of games with the Space Travel System, love it

Characters: 9/10 Lots of Character Developement and Plow twist Characters, also love the Alien Premise not just normal People. The Incest is also an Interesting Factor. Love Taboo Stories. The Girls are also really Good looking and iteresting. One thing that bothers me is the whole Thing about having both Genitals. I know there are some People that are into that kinda thing, but its not for me. if it wasnt for that def 10/10.

MC: 8/10 At first i thought he was just that generic nice guy from a lot of games, but Camron is actually really badass throughout the game.

Scenes: Pretty good animations and the Kiss scenes are also pretty good, actually showing the Kiss and not just a closeup of a girl with an open mouth.

give this game a chance. its definetly worth playing, some scenes can be a little weird, but its def worth playing.

All in all this game is a 8.5/10
  10. 3.00 star(s)

chaosbox24

So reading all of the other reviews, I have to agree with the general consensus, the story is not that strong. The writing is also not that strong in certain areas. There were some good parts, and being a captain of your own ship is cool and everything, but there were a lot of logic flaws in a lot of the events that happen throughout. The story and writing are definitely maybe the weakest elements in the game, and if you were hoping for some crazy unique story sorry it's not here. However, that all being said, the meat and potatoes of this game are gonna be the girls. Your "crew", if you will, are definitely the best part of the game because you can pursue them all. You can also pursue girls outside of your crew so it is a true harem game. It even has a taboo harem so that's nice. The girls all look hot, if a bit samey at times (the standard hairstyles with black eyeshadow look). However, I happen to think the MC looks awful. He genuinely looks like some doofus high school kid who is barely into high school. He looks nothing like a captain of the ship. Also, a few of the characters have different types of paths, such as sub or loving, though I do wish there was more choice in the matter. To put your slave Jade on her sub path, you have to be a douche to her. Why? Why do I have to yell at her and treat her poorly for her to be on the sub path? It just makes no sense. Same with Vess. Why do I have to treat her like shit to make her submissive? The other girls you don't have a choice in how you pursue them either, it's just do you want to be in a relationship with this girl or not. This game could definitely do with some more choices. This is especially true if you interact with characters who have a dick. You're either gonna suck that dick or jerk them off, you have no choice. There is no option to say nah I'm not touching that dick ever. Overall, this game isn't bad, but it's not great either. It really needed better writing and story, and way more choice in how you deal with said story. To make this giant alien filled universe and be the captain of your own spaceship and have so little choice in what you want to do is frankly terrible design.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Bobcallfran

One of the best games on here, easily in my top 3. What's not to love? Dope visuals, engaging world-building, an unusually well-developed plot, characters that are easy to like and care for, and scenes for days. Oh and the dev consistently produces the goods on time without exploiting patrons. The only thing I don't like is the MC's hair which looks like pubes but I can live with it considering everything else is great.

Overall it feels unlike the other top games on this site. Free from a lot of the dumb cliches of other games that seem more and more derivative of each other these days, this game goes in a new direction, finding its bearings in films/TV like Star Wars, Star Trek, Dune, Firefly etc. Don't get me wrong, it's as much an adult VN as a space opera, but each chapter feels like it's doing something I haven't seen before in a VN, which is what I appreciate the most about this game.
  12. 2.00 star(s)

Penetrator God

I've been waiting to play this game for a long time and had high expectations because of its similarity to Mass Effect, but it was a big disappointment. The story was not interesting at all, it was just walls of text. Literally the dialogs in the game were endless, as if they were going on forever. On the other hand, it wasn't a branching story as the developer claimed, it was just a linear and boring visual novel. The renders start to look quite dated after a certain point. The developer who took the time to create such a sci-fi universe had a lot of successful things to look up to, and he ruined it with an incredibly bad journey story. The main character is very unlikeable and there is no other likable character After playing for a few hours and barely getting through the boring prologue, I gave up on the game.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Akabakka

Based on Season 1

A pretty cool sci-fi story , with great renders overall . Usually that kind of ever expanding harem does not know how to stop itself and use properly its cast (just see WVM as an example of that) ... and worse that kind of game usually rely on rehashing the same conversation and moral hangups .

This game did not feel like any of that ... you do have to wait for relationship to build up and start with characters , at various rate , but it does not feel dragged out and badly paced yet
  14. 5.00 star(s)

dvdmtg

One of my favorite VNs. Particularly the sisters are ridiculously beautiful and hot, making the incest totally believable. Music is also well above standard for these games. The only thing that bothered me is no option to end/disable a relationship you no longer want to be a part of.
  15. 3.00 star(s)

Nevermind_1979

Warning - spoilers.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    EDIT: I just can't make it. This game is embarassingly boring. The epitome of mediocrity. Nothing stands out - shallow characters, forced drama, no humor, no mystery, no atmosphere, nothing.The only thing that is spot on is the name - Tales from Undending Void, empty, huge, meaningless and boring void.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

BigBlob69

This is a review of v0.17.

Tales is one of those rare AVNs which excels in every capacity. You want story? This is one of the best around. You want good characters? Tales has got a great diverse cast who are consistently seeing character development. Is the mc likable? Damn right; he's got a decent and unoffending model, and is confident and smart. You want visuals? While Tales doesn't quite match the highest modern standards of resolution, it still looks great, utilising fantastic art direction and beautifully designed models to make every shot look great. You want hot sex? You're in for a treat. You want music? Tales is one of the few AVNs to provide a strong soundscape to match each sequence.

Tales gives you a cinematic experience with its beautiful environmental renders, well-written cutaways to see what's happening with other characters, and generally strong dialogue and line-by-line writing.

One minor mistake is that the animations during sex scenes are often used for only one line of dialogue, and at most 3. The animations look good and we want to see them loop a few times, so don't immediately cut away to a static render, let us enjoy them while reading the well-written erotic description.

However there is one side-story which rubbed me so completely the wrong way that I almost brought my score down to 4 stars.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

icecandy

The world building in this is just a spectacular to behold. This is literally star wars in AVN style. The story is just as amazing as well. LIs are pretty likeable with their own unique personalities. This game and perverteer deserve more attention than any others out there.
  18. 2.00 star(s)

Eeliejun

So, I am a bit shocked at how high this game is rated. Like from an art style, it looks really great. From a story perspective, it is really bad. Like one of the first things is that you have a bad relationship with one of your sisters but when she gets to the academy you have a nice picture with her. It felt strange.

I dropped it after delivering some stuff to an alien planet. You get there and get toled the shipment is corrupted because you have a woman with you. To fix this you need to be punished and go to the pit. You say you will go and the rest of the team doesn't care. Like what? You don't ask what it is or what you will be doing. Like for all we knew it would have been a death match again a dragon.

But no it is a place underground with all women in them because the aliens made new religion that the surface is for men only. So, they need to stay and your punishment is that you need to fuck all the girls in the cave.

Yeah this was just stupid...
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Bunsel87

I had fun with this game. Lots of story and world building, lots of content. And choices for reasonable things to give you some influence on the story but not so much you drown or play a click simulator. This game really had the balance right for a VN.

Image quality en render quality is very good and it runs good without errors or annoying typo's or weird sentence buildup.

So yeah, would really recommend. Just look at the tags if these things are for you.
  20. 1.00 star(s)

Tuuuurtttyuuuu

Art is ok, characters are unbelievable, save system is stupid (You cannot play newest version of the game without playing older version). Game is way too big for that amount of content. There is few pretty faces, but that's it about this game. Perhaps if it were more user friendly, it would get more stars