PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
One second here. I can see that this game has build in Java Runtime Environment. It shall run even if you have no jre. Crucial would be to use correct download.
View attachment 1092330
Correct me someone if i am wrong here: mostly people posting updates in here in their posts - those are Windows .jar files or .apk for android users.

Maybe you are trying to run Windows updated .jar file on a Mac - and thats the problem?
Bacause i dont see any speciffic statement that this is update for Mac version of java. (like in post https://f95zone.to/threads/tales-of-androgyny-v0-3-06-2-majalis.1643/page-529#post-5319354)
The java build in the mac version is broken.

• Wow
Reactions: Mr Technician

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
java version "15.0.2" 2021-01-19

this is the java btw could it be that i downloaded the wrong version?
Yep. You need version 8, not 15. If installed corrctly, you should get this in Terminal
openjdk version "1.8.0_282"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu 8.52.0.23-CA-macosx) (build 1.8.0_282-b08)

Ps: just ignore that boor who thinks he is the forum police.

negroidprime

Sep 25, 2018
Yep. You need version 8, not 15. If installed corrctly, you should get this in Terminal

Ps: just ignore that boor who thinks he is the forum police.
I'm just an asshole, no need to insult me by saying that i'm the "forum police".

Mr Technician

Apr 30, 2018
Thats good to know actually. Could you tell if that happens when the devs publish new versions of the game for a Mac? I mean like there is a java inside the file - i know it because i have looked into zipped file. But i am pretty curious about does they publish that file also with non-working java for mac users in new releases of this game?

negroidprime

Sep 25, 2018
why even bother being an ass on an online forum? does it make you feel any better about yourself? you just wasted at least 3 days just to be an ass.
Well, i've not been here for 24/7 for the past 3 days, at most i've "wasted" about 5 minutes.

And i like being an ass, that should be obvious.

Deleted member 690333

Jun 18, 2018
why even bother being an ass on an online forum? does it make you feel any better about yourself? you just wasted at least 3 days just to be an ass.
I mean it is pretty annoying to see actual whole pages filled with people asking how to do the same thing that was answered many many manyyyyy times when there is a search function

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
I mean it is pretty annoying to see actual whole pages filled with people asking how to do the same thing that was answered many many manyyyyy times when there is a search function
This time it was about a problem specific for the Mac version. There are not whole pages filled with that. Besides, there's also something like good manners, which that ignoramus completely lacks.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Thats good to know actually. Could you tell if that happens when the devs publish new versions of the game for a Mac? I mean like there is a java inside the file - i know it because i have looked into zipped file. But i am pretty curious about does they publish that file also with non-working java for mac users in new releases of this game?
I can't really tell. I will check it out as soon as a new Mac version is posted. Anyway, the oracle Java does have issues on MacOS after 10.13. I see Mac users on itch.io that have the same problem. I suppose the devs don't have several different MacOS versions running to test it.
Anyway, it is possible to fix the Mac app by replacing the built-in java RTE with the openJDK one, but why bother ? If you have a working openJDK RTE, you can just as well run the jar directly, which is also easier to update.

Reactions: Mr Technician

Staimh

Dec 12, 2020
Hello, sorry for dumb question but where is the save folder in the Java version?
Not 100% sure this is what you're asking or if you've already found it but
there is a folder below the folder with "TalesOfAndrogyny.exe" called ".toa-data" which contains the game saves

Patchez

Русский Аплоадер
Uploader
Jun 12, 2017
When is getting wrapped up? I heard a while ago that devs had plans to finish it

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes