crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
That's why I've become accustom to liking games with less visual to be perfectly honest. A good example of what I mean is the (several) image packs for CoC. I still to this very day if I play it run it with one, but I've trimmed it down to scenery and item images only. Any of the stock image packs tend to be filled with inconsistently unorganized image bloat that ruins the experience more than helps it. Just going through the images meant for one specific NPC, named or otherwise, and you can see what I mean. Many of the images are hardly similar...no quality control at all in selection. I know that may sound picky to some, but it's honestly immersion breaking to see one image for someone, then another that looks nothing like the first, let alone how accurate either of them are to the written description of said NPC. I like when games give a little bit of art, but not try and take over the imagery. That permits me and others to imagine the character how they see fit and, in turn to a degree, who that character is to them. All without the issue of subjective imaginations having to conflict with one another on a predetermined visual design. Games that have too much or too little are not immediately bad, though, just that it seems those tend to be harder to pitch in my opinion.

Abeldanger

Jul 3, 2017
That's why I've become accustom to liking games with less visual to be perfectly honest.
At this point in development I honestly only download the JAR once in a while, open scripts/encounters.json with 7Zip/Notepad++, and do a diff/compare with the last version I downloaded to see what got added. Whenever minotaur's wife bad end gets added (ha), I guess I'll actually go back to viewing the art assets. No offense to Alis, just a story > art (or, at least, art can only be appreciated with a good story backdrop) mindset.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Seems like it.

At this point in development I honestly only download the JAR once in a while, open scripts/encounters.json with 7Zip/Notepad++, and do a diff/compare with the last version I downloaded to see what got added. Whenever minotaur's wife bad end gets added (ha), I guess I'll actually go back to viewing the art assets. No offense to Alis, just a story > art (or, at least, art can only be appreciated with a good story backdrop) mindset.
That is one weird complaint considering this game main focus has been the free roam mode for a long time.

Also it is not simply the art that makes this game special. It is the art plus the very detailed and horny text that comes describing the sex scene. The mix of debauchery and humor on it is quite unique. :p

Apr 16, 2019
Guess some people really don't like Urka... :LOL:
I just figured people didn't like seeing a simple sincere question answered with a bunch of mockery and circlejerking.

Edit:
I'm the only one who likes this game just because of the fat butts?.I wouldn't mind fucking their ass,,pity that there is only art of this type with urka, harpy and Brigand ,I would seriously fuck their ass every day.
What about the centaur, goblin, Kylira and Trudy?

Last edited:

thebighole

Nov 18, 2019
I much prefer Trudy and Kylira to Urka. Urka is weirdly too devoted. I think it's a bit funny, all the arguing over werewolves' canon strength when Urka is also a much bigger pushover in combat than out. It's hard to take her seriously. I pick her up when there's new art or a new scene, but I usually just take the free food and xp.
Of course, the real MVP is Ella.

Reactions: DangBits

Jaybig

Sep 9, 2017
No shit
And subjectively, to me, she's the worst looking.
I don't know you're fishing for likes in form of facepalms, baiting people so you can troll them and have fun (which is working i guess) or simply you're a Karen.
Just in case you're serious, the game is Futa on Male themed with a trap as PC. Don't like it don't play! There are literally thousands of Vanilla and gay sex games; some even trending in Steam. Even hundreds of Futa on futa-female games.
But Futa on male content is very rare. Go play something else. You don't get to change the shape of content to suit your taste and ruin it for others.

BravoStar

Dec 16, 2017
No community is complete without a waifu discussion i guess. Personally Hiro just completely overpowering Urka in-combat wrestling and then in a scene going "She's sooo strong:love:" kind of ruins the Strong Girl fantasy.

Jaybig

Sep 9, 2017
No community is complete without a waifu discussion i guess. Personally Hiro just completely overpowering Urka in-combat wrestling and then in a scene going "She's sooo strong:love:" kind of ruins the Strong Girl fantasy.
Dude you're talking about a game made by only 2 devs, in it's alpha phase! Even billion dollar games like GTA V or any other AAA games with a 1000 member studio working on it have bugs and stupid gaps. You just gotta wait till they work it out. Just a matter of time. (However to be honest with the speed game is developing that "matter of time" is gonna take a few decades)

BravoStar

Dec 16, 2017
Dude you're talking about a game made by only 2 devs, in it's alpha phase! Even billion dollar games like GTA V or any other AAA games with a 1000 member studio working on it have bugs and stupid gaps. You just gotta wait till they work it out. Just a matter of time. (However to be honest with the speed game is developing that "matter of time" is gonna take a few decades)
Don't take it as me whining about how the 2 devs aren't working with 300% efficiency, but as me just giving my 2 cents about the character of the followers, where Kylira and Trudy are better realized. That might be truly due to something the devs aren't expected to deliver, and they aren't, but that doesn't make Urka any better.

It's not all bad though, the scenes where you're in control but not really are pretty interesting, even if you should be due to what the mechanics imply.

Jaybig

Sep 9, 2017
The guy said he guesses people doesn't like urka, why.
I said why I do not.
Anything else is irrelevant, I wasn't answering if other people do or pretending to care
What you said is answer to your own argument lol. Maj had a plan laid out for the game and Alis had a plan for her drawings. And they fine-tune it using patron voting system.
Don't like something? That sounds like a 'You' problem and since you and your opinion are irrelevant to the game, this thread and basically everyone; no one cares about what you like or don't.

Dingo139

Nov 8, 2019
Does anyone know of any other titles with similar gameplay/combat mechanics (don't care if it has different tags/character tags)? I feel like it's somehow funnier/more interesting than typical rpg-maker dungeon crawlers.
I can't think of an erotic game that has the same style of stance based combat. But there are a few with the same kind of content.
Corruption Of Champions 1&2 are similar though they have plenty of straight content. COC 2 is still in development though while the former is finished. They're text-based with random encounters but with some art, they have bad ends, forced sex after combat, transformation but with some furry stuff I've never liked. Thankfully you can avoid it easily.
Trials In Tainted Space is by the same developer and is also text based. It has very different themes and is sci-fi compared to fantasy. But overall quite similar.
There's also Nimin. But good God so much furry stuff, I can't even.
Trap Quest is close to what Tales' is trying to do, however it's very unfinished and has some frustrating mechanics. But the developer is consistent with updates. So consider it a hesitant recommendation.
Other than that there's Throne Of Lilith, but I'm not too keen on it.
Lastly, there is Lustful Desires which is also in early development, it's buggy and clunky, but I find it endearing and it has the reputation mechanic which is great fun.

Frankly, I'm always looking for games like Tales Of Androgyny, so if anyone has recommendations, I'd like to hear them myself :)

4.50 star(s) 144 Votes