Sobe

Oct 22, 2017
anyone here got a profile that is newer /more complete then my old one. if not imma just try to make a updated version sometime this week . unless i get bombarded by college homework.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 2, 2019
where can i find the save file in java for pc?
Saves are located in the folder .tao-data which should get created alongside the jar after saving your first game. Further information may be gained by searching this thread for 'tao-data'.

Can someone give me some tips, best class, best way to win... This game is hard lol
Best in my book recently switched from X-Fire/Oil- to Blitz-Assault-Combo as it works with any class and is able to branch off in many directions:
Don't be. I hadn't found the time yet to test Jaybig's suggestions and may very well report my findings now.

Nothing in the world will make me touch a warrior with anything less than a ten foot pole, but luckily any class can start with the required agi 5 and 2 skill points to unlock Blitz and Assault. The skill is powerful and easily usable even without any achievements unlocked. So it's a way better start than the X-Fire/Oil-combo (which needs a second soul crystal) and also a lot safer to play (as it blocks a good amount of incoming physical damage). As the requirements are quite low, one can still build a well rounded start character to also fry ghosts and sweet talk the rest (Go, College of Eloquence!).

Thanks Jaybig, for introducing me to it.
Both EagleCarSausage and lmlAzazel gave sound advice also.

Jorja

Modder
Jun 19, 2018
I noticed that werebitch has only 12 images now. There is supposed to be 13 images in the folder, the ass to ass image was missing. Does anyone know why the image was removed from the werebitch folder in the jar archive?
That scene is now animated in the game. It's also one of I think 4 animated scenes that also take customization into account. I wonder if the plan is to go back and add both of these to all the existing art. That would be fantastic but a ton of work. I particularly love the updated harpy animation.

So I guess they took the 2D pic out of that folder because it's not being used anymore.

Reactions: Spenser4

J-V1

May 1, 2018
i tried last week on the win version but it still didnt save.
i copied the toa.data folder from an older version, onto the 25.2 version, and i was able to load my older saves, but was unable to overwrite them. tried just now with the java version and is the same: my old saves can be loaded, but not overwritten

AxellW

Oct 26, 2018
I can't open the .jar file for some reasons (updated java, tried launching it as admin, nothing seems to work) any info when the .exe version might be updated ?

broly965

Jul 6, 2017
That scene is now animated in the game. It's also one of I think 4 animated scenes that also take customization into account. I wonder if the plan is to go back and add both of these to all the existing art. That would be fantastic but a ton of work. I particularly love the updated harpy animation.

So I guess they took the 2D pic out of that folder because it's not being used anymore.
I see. Did not know it got animated. Been waiting till a worthwhile amount of content got added in to entice me into playing. Naga art ftw.

gerow

May 9, 2018

found this fix, it works for me
you don't have to go through all of it. i don't even have java installed. just download from first page Win64(v0.2.25.2) then extract it and open folder, download new TalesOfAndrogyny.jar and replace it. then run TalesOfAndrogyny.exe

Reactions: Leo Humilis

Nackrak

Nov 12, 2017
Dont have a .tao-data folder and it wont create one. When i want to save it doesnt create a save game which i can load it just says that it was succesful and when i want to load it there is nothing.

Oghouse117

Mar 22, 2020
Sorry i might be new but i never play a java game before which files shall i have to exec/click on to play that game, it might be explain somewhere in the 428 pages but i didn't find it if someone can explain ? Thank you for your reply(s)

AxellW

Oct 26, 2018
you don't have to go through all of it. i don't even have java installed. just download from first page Win64(v0.2.25.2) then extract it and open folder, download new TalesOfAndrogyny.jar and replace it. then run TalesOfAndrogyny.exe
You realize that the point was to play the last version ( v0.2.27.3 ) for the new content not version i already had (v0.2.25.2) ?

@Oghouse117
if you have Java installed on your computer, you should be able to run the .jar file with Java .exe
(usually located here C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_261\bin)
if it doesn't work, you can use the fix I posted 5 posts ago ^^

Last edited:

Jorja

Modder
Jun 19, 2018
You realize that the point was to play the last version ( v0.2.27.3 ) for the new content not version i already had (v0.2.25.2) ?
That's not what he was suggesting you do. They are saying to download that version only so you can get the win64 executable and necessary files.

Once you have download that then overwrite the old JAR with the latest version. Then you can run the .exe to launch the game and going forward you can just keep replacing that JAR with the latest while keeping your saves and profile intact.

Sobe

Oct 22, 2017
Wonder if there ever is gonna be bestialty in this game
run out of food and become an animals bitch. also ive hit 95.3% progress on save but have not gotten any new gallery photos yet will keep you guys up to date on the 100% file progress. ( i think i got all story done though)

Sobe

Oct 22, 2017
That's not what he was suggesting you do. They are saying to download that version only so you can get the win64 executable and necessary files.

Once you have download that then overwrite the old JAR with the latest version. Then you can run the .exe to launch the game and going forward you can just keep replacing that JAR with the latest while keeping your saves and profile intact.
wait windows version is behind??? darn i gotta swap the jars then might have missed some stuff for the 100% save update

4.50 star(s) 144 Votes